U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

2,104 posts, read 699,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I just saw the news tonight....I instantly beamed ear to ear.

Good for you for starting this topic, jeff.

These things happen all the time..this one made the news ...cool beans.
Iím sorry Miss Hepburn, but.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM

10,363 posts, read 10,690,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea
Uh-huh, so why can't Jesus heal amputees?

If Jesus wants to impress me, he can heal everyone.

So, why doesn't he?

What kind of sick perverted being runs a healing lottery?

A truly benevolent being doesn't grant some people's prayer requests some of the time, while totally ignoring others.
Hear that, Jeff? Or have you fled from the embarrassment?

Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

I watched an Atheist showman on Netflix that was just astonishing, even though he told them that he had no power from God, half of them left there thinking that he did have the power of God no matter what he said. He worked miracles, slaying people in the spirit, it was freaking awesome, wished I could remember his name. If dude wanted to make a billion bucks, he should just became a preacher, heck, I would attend even knowing what he was lol.
Benny Hinn.

Watch this, it's great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI

Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM

1,752 posts, read 633,422 times
Jeff thinks that...

*If it cannot be presently explained, then...
*GodDidIt

Of course, that 'logic' applies to earthquakes before plate tectonics were understood. It applies to diseases before the germ theory of transmission was developed. It applies to tides before gravity and its effects were described. It applies, literally, to everything that once was an unknown.

The last time Jeff lost his car keys, before he found them the 'logical' explanation - per Jeff's claim - was the God was responsible. Until Jeff found them under a pair of funky underwear on the floor.

It's a perfect rational idea.

If you're five years old...

PS - Anyone else notice that Jeff is generally indistinguishable from parodies of fundamentalist nutjobbery?

Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
How about if he just heals all Christians and no one else? .
Yeah, just that alone would convince me Jesus is real, not imaginary. But Jeff is always there with a convincing excuse:

"Well, Jesus can't heal ALL Christians because then people wouldn't use their free will to accept him."

Is that close, Jeff?

Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM

13,243 posts, read 11,032,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Iím sorry Miss Hepburn, but.
It's not cool beans.

Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

9,096 posts, read 12,073,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No kidding.

Oz, you have serious issues.
I still feel that way.

Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM

9,096 posts, read 12,073,864 times
"Christopher" is a lovely young man who loves everyone. He loves God and Jesus and spreads cheer everywhere he goes.

"Dick" is a typical angry atheist. He's always frowning. He hates the idea of God and he hates everyone he meets.

They are clones who are both in the same physical condition and both develop the same disease. A week later Christopher is healed of the disease through his faith. Unfortunately Dick has turned to solid stone. He's dead.

Question: Why did Christopher survive and Dick didn't?

Maybe my example is a little exaggerated, BUT... I really think this kind of thing is always happening. Or maybe it should.

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

23,928 posts, read 12,377,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
"Christopher" is a lovely young man who loves everyone. He loves God and Jesus and spreads cheer everywhere he goes.

"Dick" is a typical angry atheist. He's always frowning. He hates the idea of God and he hates everyone he meets.

They are clones who are both in the same physical condition and both develop the same disease. A week later Christopher is healed of the disease through his faith. Unfortunately Dick has turned to solid stone. He's dead.

Question: Why did Christopher survive and Dick didn't?

Maybe my example is a little exaggerated, BUT... I really think this kind of thing is always happening. Or maybe it should.
You need more help than a message board can offer. I hope you find it.

Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM

19,532 posts, read 9,201,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I think it is the sign of an unhealthy mind to think others hate it when someone does not die from cancer.
It's despicable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or