U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM
 
Location: minnesota
5,487 posts, read 1,767,637 times
Reputation: 1911

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
"Christopher" is a lovely young man who loves everyone. He loves God and Jesus and spreads cheer everywhere he goes.

"Dick" is a typical angry atheist. He's always frowning. He hates the idea of God and he hates everyone he meets.

They are clones who are both in the same physical condition and both develop the same disease. A week later Christopher is healed of the disease through his faith. Unfortunately Dick has turned to solid stone. He's dead.

Question: Why did Christopher survive and Dick didn't?

Maybe my example is a little exaggerated, BUT... I really think this kind of thing is always happening. Or maybe it should.
An atheist would go by Richard which is long for Dick,* sir. You have committed a penibus phallicy therefore your argument is not only mute but also moot. This has earned you 15 minutes on the slippery slope.

*I love that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM
 
9,096 posts, read 12,073,864 times
Reputation: 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I think this statement says a great deal about you.
If it's not hate then what would you call it? What do you call the anger I see in the eyes of an atheist who is listening to Deepak Chopra in a debate while he is describing alternative methods of healing that the atheist seems to think are nonsense. It looks as if the atheist wants to jump across the table and choke him to death.

It's that's not hate then what is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:22 AM
 
3,652 posts, read 1,335,590 times
Reputation: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I saw this news piece today. Yet another case of a family praying for a loved one and a major tumor just completely vanishes into thin air.




https://fox2now.com/2018/12/17/docto...or-disappears/

Of course, atheists will try to scramble for some explanation or act like it is just perfectly normal for cancer to vanish, but the doctors, ya know the real experts can't explain this one and are baffled. The survival rate for DIPG is very low and this cancer can not be cured through modern medicine. Yet she was completely cured through the power of prayer. Believe that!



https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/2346822002/
No, I am not an Atheist but that seems a bad news for health insurance companies, pharma industry and healthcare providers.
Jesus’s healing could potentially put millions out of work in the healthcare industry where many work hard to make an honest living.

On the other hand, I do believe in Jesus by faith and I do believe in miracles and I do believe in prayers - however, it’s only logical that a believer must seek medical attention when he/she gets sick TOGETHER with prayers. It’s common sense.
God has put the power of healing in different herbs, plants and chemicals etc for a reason.

Something is going to kill you eventually - so it’s all about trying your best till you can.
Both, prayers and medicine, probably won’t wotk when your time is up.

Last edited by GoCardinals; Today at 12:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:51 AM
 
9,096 posts, read 12,073,864 times
Reputation: 3258
There is something REALLY messed up when atheists try to downplay or ridicule religious faith healing. That tells me all I will ever need to know about atheism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:19 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,988 posts, read 9,774,153 times
Reputation: 2430
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
There is something REALLY messed up when atheists try to downplay or ridicule religious faith healing. That tells me all I will ever need to know about atheism.
There is something REALLY messed up when theists claim that religious faith healing works. That tells me all I will ever need to know about theism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:50 AM
 
Location: Germany
2,957 posts, read 505,074 times
Reputation: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
We live in a sin cursed world with a sin cursed body so pain is just a reality. Your post only reflects the limitations of human thinking. We can only make sense of things that are absolute, always occuring, all encompassing. So you think it's only fair that if God heals one, He should heal everyone.

But if every ailment is wiped away for everyone every time then the physical body never dies. Then God becomes a liar when He declared that sin would result in death. The reality is that as each person is complete unique, our life journey is completely unique. Only God knows the outcome of healing or letting someone continue to endure pain. Who knows, this girl could grow up to touch many lives and lead them to Christ through her testimony of healing. Someone else that gets healed could grow up to commit a mass murder.
Another ad hoc excuse from Jeff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then you would blame God for healing that person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:16 AM
 
Location: Germany
2,957 posts, read 505,074 times
Reputation: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You just proved that you will never accept evidence with that kind of attitude.
What an idiotic thing to say. What I actually proved is I will never accept rubbish evidence. Non Sequiturs are bad, OK?

What you have proved is you will ignore evidence you do not like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Radiation treatment only shrinks tumors. You act like it is perfectly normal for a late stage tumor to just vanish overnight despite the fact that even the doctors can't explain it. Are you a doctor? If it was a result of the treatment, they would have said so. Furthermore, you can't even explain the HOw a tumor might just disappear. It's just a massive copout to say, hey it's happens.
It is a copout to point out the fact that sometimes tumors do disappear on their own? To you the truth is a cop out? Reality to you is a cop out?

To ignore this as a possibility is just deluded or dishonest.

But here is a prediction. These remissions are usually short lived. If the disease comes back and the girl dies, you will suddenly forget this 'miraculous evidence'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If the doctor cured her, they would have said it, not report that they were "baffled".
So they can not be baffled about the success AND have cured her at the same time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:22 AM
 
Location: Germany
2,957 posts, read 505,074 times
Reputation: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I get the feeling that some atheists actually might HATE when these things happen.
Only the straw man atheists.

Here is an idea. When you want to post something, use the preview button. Then spend 5 minutes asking your self if your post is stupid or not.

If it is not stupid, then post it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:31 AM
 
Location: Germany
2,957 posts, read 505,074 times
Reputation: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
"Christopher" is a lovely young man who loves everyone. He loves God and Jesus and spreads cheer everywhere he goes.

"Dick" is a typical angry atheist. He's always frowning. He hates the idea of God and he hates everyone he meets.

They are clones who are both in the same physical condition and both develop the same disease. A week later Christopher is healed of the disease through his faith. Unfortunately Dick has turned to solid stone. He's dead.

Question: Why did Christopher survive and Dick didn't?

Maybe my example is a little exaggerated, BUT... I really think this kind of thing is always happening. Or maybe it should.
Ten years later "God" says to "Christopher", go out and kill people. Police finally kill him after he has stabbed 17 people, 5 fatally.

Because fiction proves anything I want it to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:33 AM
 
Location: Germany
2,957 posts, read 505,074 times
Reputation: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If it's not hate then what would you call it? What do you call the anger I see in the eyes of an atheist who is listening to Deepak Chopra in a debate while he is describing alternative methods of healing that the atheist seems to think are nonsense. It looks as if the atheist wants to jump across the table and choke him to death.

It's that's not hate then what is it?
If true, it is possibly because Chopra's woo means people could die because they buy the woo instead of seeing a doctor.

If your argument is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top