U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:06 PM

19,734 posts, read 9,309,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
You're right about that person - and that is his tactic - but he's no Christian. Nothing he says or does bears any resemblance to Jesus and his life. It's 180 degrees opposite. I love an image I saw from Mexico, a painting on the outside of a restaurant. It had his image and the caption "El Diablo" (the devil). That sums up it up perfectly, and shows who he really resembles. I lovingly keep that assigned as the background and on screensavers of my computers.
Okay...but that was not my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:24 PM

9,254 posts, read 12,142,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There you go again, Ozzy. What are these "extreme atheists" you speak of? How are they different from "non-extreme atheists?"
Every time you say this I ask you the same exact question: What is the best label for someone who has a problem with everyday people's faith and religious practice, especially if that person is clearly doing good and is not evangelizing their faith?

Old Today, 06:40 PM

11,217 posts, read 4,359,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Every time you say this I ask you the same exact question: What is the best label for someone who has a problem with everyday people's faith and religious practice, especially if that person is clearly doing good and is not evangelizing their faith?
even simpler than that ozzy.

list personality types. list the personality traits of an extreme theist. one would suggest that their are not those personality types in atheism. or don't "evangelize" their atheism? Its nonsensical to deny it. But I get the "our religion" is better and has the real truth. I mean, because its true.

Old Today, 07:06 PM

10,549 posts, read 10,562,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I don't know. An atheist is a person that doesn't believe in God. Anything else about that person is extraneous to being an atheist. Why do you keep tacking extra labels on people and then avoid answering questions about it?

Old Today, 07:33 PM

24,135 posts, read 12,483,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't know. An atheist is a person that doesn't believe in God. Anything else about that person is extraneous to being an atheist. Why do you keep tacking extra labels on people and then avoid answering questions about it?
Atheists wear the black hats in Ozzy's oater. Christians and other religious types wear the white hats.

Or, if we need a more current (somewhat) media reference, let's go to South Park, Ozzyville: 'Atheists are bad...m'kay?"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality