Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2019, 07:37 AM

16,769 posts, read 4,977,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
all that chit chat and not a prediction.
?

Quote:
if not god, then what is the best notion you have that matches what we see?
Not a first cause creator god.

Quote:
we can compare claims to see what ones are more plausible.
See post above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
well, if we run that claim through the four housemen of offering an explanation, a mechanism, and repeatable predictions, it all but renders anti-theism to "less valid",
That is only three housemen.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:32 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You are right. The confusion was nef's in the OP. Faith is not (as he said) trusting that a ladder will hold. That is based on understanding of the properties of the ladder. And I check my old wooden one for soundness every time I clear the gutters, too.
It is not trusting in something without valid evidence or even in spite of it. That's what we call 'faith'.
We know that people who have faith have no doubts.

They are sure that what they interpret their feelings as is true. We just think that there are other interpretations of those feelings.
Feelings, schameelings.
And so many that say they have faith have plenty of doubt, TRANS....ask any
Christian what stops them from healing people.

I say test faith. (Christians, I mean.) See that it is a real power. (Take babysteps at first.)
I went out on a limb at first with faith...now I'm on solid ground with it...and boldly go
wherever I am asked and pray for people and they are healed, by golly...we all have so much power ..
whether one calls it Mind Power, Will Power, the Power to Create, the Power of Beliefs,
the Power of the Subconscious Mind (ha, some of these are book titles by Dr. Joseph Murphy)....whether Christian or Muslim...feelings have nothing to do with, say, healing someone or asking for
$$ to help you pay bills....you can be in a bad mood and do a healing.
Just clarifying a misconception, is all.

I check my ladders, too....took me 2 months to recover from a concussion in 2002....what a dope
to step on a rickety step ladder!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2019, 12:25 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
?

Not a first cause creator god.

See post above.
lmao at "no first cause creator god"

a light weight's answer.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:51 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Ignoring the assertion, think probability.
Probability does NOT mean what YOU think is most likely. Probability is data-based and you have no such data to assess the probability conclusions you make about the EXISTENCE of God.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Probability does NOT mean what YOU think is most likely. Probability is data-based and you have no such data to assess the probability conclusions you make about the EXISTENCE of God.
its not even that mystic. they cop out don't make any predictions on what we see going on. all they do is deny everything because they were indoctrinated into following the dogmatic looking base faith claim of "deny everything so people can't form beliefs that make atheism harder to sell." they don't offer any counter claims and test to see if their counter claims match observation.

atheist that are defined by a statement of belief about god. and they thinks its our problem ...lmao

Old 02-21-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
lmao at "no first cause creator god"

a light weight's answer.
Over 7 billion evolved brains prove you wrong. But if you do not understand how probability works, that is your problem, not mine.

But if you insist on ignoring the data, ...

Old 02-21-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Probability does NOT mean what YOU think is most likely.
Really? I never knew.

Quote:
Probability is data-based and you have no such data to assess the probability conclusions you make about the EXISTENCE of God.
We have the data for intelligent, complex entities. 7.2 billion pieces of data all saying intelligent, complex beings do not simply exist. As I have pointed out so many times before.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Really? I never knew.

We have the data for intelligent, complex entities. 7.2 billion pieces of data all saying intelligent, complex beings do not simply exist. As I have pointed out so many times before.
well whipdy dipty doo.

what is your best prediction as to why? am all that chit chat is fine but if you going to so certian you got what it takes to tells us what up then please do more than tell people they are wrong without offering a counter claim.

I say, complex entities exist because the biosphere is life.

what is your prediction?

then we can compare our two stances to see what one is more reasonable.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
its not even that mystic. they cop out don't make any predictions on what we see going on. all they do is deny everything because they were indoctrinated into following the dogmatic looking base faith claim of "deny everything so people can't form beliefs that make atheism harder to sell." they don't offer any counter claims and test to see if their counter claims match observation.

atheist that are defined by a statement of belief about god. and they thinks its our problem ...lmao
The prediction and observation you claim I am not making is that complex, intelligent beings just existing are extremely unlikely. Ludwig Boltzmann agrees.

Another prediction (based on observation) is that your next response will also (probably) be dishonest, and not address anything I am talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality