Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 02:27 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,488,549 times

Advertisements

I came home to two tickets to see the 2014 Gracias Christmas Cantata choir performance slipped into my mailbox, sent by "a neighbor." I was confused, wondering why one of my neighbors, whom I don't know, would give me tickets to a concert. So I did a little searching. It's hosted by International Youth Fellowship, and from my searches, this is considered a cult from South Korea. Yet, from more searches, the choir is considered incredible. Anyone familiar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,331 times
Woo this is late but. Over the past few years I've been to the Gracias Christmas Cantata many times in Atlanta and New York when I visited at the right times (mostly because the general tickets were free, haha) and it was always amazing and beautiful. I really like the final song when the soprano solo hits that last note! And the whole thing is very family friendly. During intermission they usually have a quick sermon by a pastor or, in 2018, they brought John Choi onto the stage, who testified about God saving him from a fatal scorpion sting. But there were no alarming cult-like activities. It's definitely worth a try; I heard in Korea the tickets sell out quickly, but in America it's all free for a performance of the same quality. If you do go, I recommend getting there early, there are a lot of people who purchase special priority tickets or arrive an hour early to get a good spot in line.
If you do go, please update us, I'm curious about how you felt about it after watching it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality