U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 05:26 AM
Status: "Trump 2020-make liberals cry again" (set 2 days ago)

16,343 posts, read 8,888,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Apparently my request was too difficult for you. Never mind.
Iím not going to carry on three different conversations. Keep up or donít participate. Weíre talking about redemption in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 05:34 AM

13,457 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Iím not going to carry on three different conversations. Keep up or donít participate. Weíre talking about redemption in the Bible.
Jimmie you tend to avoid the meaty parts. for example, a good story about redemption is a different issue than there being hell. if god has the traits you assign to it it would certifiably know this. so using the notion of "a redemption story is really nice" to support a hell claim doesn't work.

People finding comfort in a redemption story isn't proof of hell.

these do not work. It is also why some people are dumping the eternal hell story line.

Old 06-02-2019, 05:41 AM

4,226 posts, read 2,589,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Jimmie you tend to avoid the meaty parts. for example, a good story about redemption is a different issue than there being hell. if god has the traits you assign to it it would certifiably know this. so using the notion of "a redemption story is really nice" to support a hell claim doesn't work.

People finding comfort in a redemption story isn't proof of hell.

these do not work. It is also why some people are dumping the eternal hell story line.
It's not nice to accuse people of avoiding something that they may or may not have any clue of what you are referencing, or what you actually desire to discuss.

If someone believes 'earth's molten core' is Hell how are you going to disprove them? Are you going to somehow exceed the 12-mile drilling depth that mankind has yet to accomplish?

Old 06-02-2019, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
It's not nice to accuse people of avoiding something that they may or may not have any clue of what you are referencing, or what you actually desire to discuss.

If someone believes 'earth's molten core' is Hell how are you going to disprove them? Are you going to somehow exceed the 12-mile drilling depth that mankind has yet to accomplish?
nice/not nice have less weight for me than you.

you last sentence is the main problem I see us having. Focusing on what you can't prove wrong can lead to far less valid claims. Its more reasonable to lay out the observations we have and then form a story line off of that data.

A better question than "can you prove him wrong?" is "show me where his claim fits the data?"

do you see the diference?

Old 06-02-2019, 06:33 AM

4,226 posts, read 2,589,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
nice/not nice have less weight for me than you.

you last sentence is the main problem I see us having. Focusing on what you can't prove wrong can lead to far less valid claims. Its more reasonable to lay out the observations we have and then form a story line off of that data.

A better question than "can you prove him wrong?" is "show me where his claim fits the data?"

do you see the diference?
What's the data, Arach Angle? The earth's core is said to be molten, and it's said that man has not exceeded drilling past 12 miles.

Old 06-02-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
What's the data, Arach Angle? The earth's core is said to be molten, and it's said that man has not exceeded drilling past 12 miles.
great example grab ... there is seismic data and magnetic field ... right? its not no data.

where does this point to a hell?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:33 AM

22,438 posts, read 10,385,168 times
Quote:
This is what you typically do when you don't have a good answer. You're very transparent, Jimmy.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
This is what you typically do when you don't have a good answer. You're very transparent, Jimmy.
I was talking about the redemptive work of Christ. There...happy?

Old 06-02-2019, 09:44 AM

22,438 posts, read 10,385,168 times
Quote:
I was talking about the redemptive work of Christ. There...happy?
Now that wasn't so hard, was it.

Because there were different parts to christ's work.

Old 06-02-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Now that wasn't so hard, was it.

Because there were different parts to christ's work.
Yes, but the topic was redemption, which I pointed you to in post #424.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or