Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 07:09 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I know, Arach. You countenance the larger life system we are merely a part of but cannot countenance that we are cared about by that larger life (and reproduce it). Having experienced its nature, I have a different bias.
well, in all honesty, I don't see separate parts. I limit my claims out to 40AU's. I cn point to those thiings for people to go touch. Metaphorically.

maybe we are like hair to the thing. We care about our hair more than our hearts sometimes. Heck, some care about their hair than other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 07:11 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So you got nothing. The fact that it’s 2019 means absolutely nothing in regards to the Biblical story of redemption.
I hate it when we agree, but you're right...Arach has nothing except some made up thing about the universe loving us.

And I agree with you...to a degree...about the story (maybe stories) about redemption in the bible being worthwhile in terms of concepts and principles. Nevertheless, I still see the story (stories) as stories.

Old 06-03-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
So you got nothing. The fact that it’s 2019 means absolutely nothing in regards to the Biblical story of redemption.
no jimmie, actually I have more than you. I don't have to make my answer fit a religion. weather that religion is my-god only preaching or anti-religious/god teachings.

I don't have to choose an answer based on what color your t-shirt is.

Old 06-03-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I hate it when we agree, but you're right...Arach has nothing except some made up thing about the universe loving us.

And I agree with you...to a degree...about the story (maybe stories) about redemption in the bible being worthwhile in terms of concepts and principles. Nevertheless, I still see the story (stories) as stories.
Phet you changed my what i said. i said it had redemption story value. and i did not say the the universe loves you in the way you are making it sound.

at least have some dignity and get it right.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:05 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Outdated as of when? Did something change recently?
It has been outdated from the introduction of Hell and the appeasement by blood sacrifice rationale.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:10 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Phet you changed my what i said. i said it had redemption story value. and i did not say the the universe loves you in the way you are making it sound.

at least have some dignity and get it right.
Arach, to be perfectly frank, you'll have to excuse any errors I made in your position. I have trouble even following many of your sentences.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Arach, to be perfectly frank, you'll have to excuse any errors I made in your position. I have trouble even following many of your sentences.
lmao ... yeah, whatever.

just get it right. you sound like trans when you change what I said and then say what you said i said is wrong.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:15 PM

662 posts, read 313,195 times
Hell is simply an invented threat to get people to believe out of fear. Kind of like heaven is an invented reward for falling in line with the rest of the sheep.

The story is basically god was lonely and wanted to humans that he could have "fellowship" with. People would have "free choice" because god was all cool and didn't want people to be forced into fellowship or worship. But god was so infatuated with himself, he decided anyone who doesn't want to worship him for eternity must be set on fire to punish them for not thinking he's the most super awesome being ever.

And even though we aren't supposed to care about material things, if you fall in line with god's program, he will set you up with a mansion on streets of gold after you die, instead of burning you forever. Yeah, some free choice he came up with...

Old 06-06-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Hell is simply an invented threat to get people to believe out of fear. Kind of like heaven is an invented reward for falling in line with the rest of the sheep.

The story is basically god was lonely and wanted to humans that he could have "fellowship" with. People would have "free choice" because god was all cool and didn't want people to be forced into fellowship or worship. But god was so infatuated with himself, he decided anyone who doesn't want to worship him for eternity must be set on fire to punish them for not thinking he's the most super awesome being ever.

And even though we aren't supposed to care about material things, if you fall in line with god's program, he will set you up with a mansion on streets of gold after you die, instead of burning you forever. Yeah, some free choice he came up with...

i don't that is the case for everybody. I think its also a place for punishment for the regulars, like myself, that don't speed out of fear of a ticket, not that is the wrong thing to do.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:18 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Hell is simply an invented threat to get people to believe out of fear.
That is not why Hell was invented.

Granted, Hell was co-opted for that purpose, but that is not why it it was invented.

Quote:
How does the work of Christ make less sense in 2019 than 1919?
Why don't you read the bible for once in your life so you can understand?

Jesus didn't need to exist, nor did he need to die, since everyone's sins -- and, why, yes, that means Hebrews and Gentiles -- were already forgiven.

That was true for at least 950 years before Jesus was born.

If you had ever read the bible, you'd know that.

So, how sad is it that an Atheist knows more than a christian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The 'prophecies' of the death of Judas (Matthew and Acts) are cobbled together from mangled bits of OT. No way they can be real prophecy.
Not only are they not prophetic in any way, they conflict.

Matthew claims Judas hanged himself, but that is not what Acts says.

Acts conflicts, because Judas did not hang himself, rather he died by misadventure.

They both cannot be true.

Matthew is a known liar, so we cannot believe him, and Paul lies, too, so he has no credibility, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality