U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 11:47 AM

15,877 posts, read 7,327,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Truth never changes, so it is incontrovertible that Yahweh is a falsehood.
And people NEVER learn anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 12:16 PM

10,552 posts, read 10,865,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Truth never changes, so it is incontrovertible that Yahweh is a falsehood.
If even one falsehood can be detected in the Bible then it is incontrovertible that the Bible is a human product, no better or worse than any holy book used as the foundation for any of the world's major religions. We've uncovered hundreds of falsehoods in the Bible. It is without question man-made and has nothing to do with God. So the question remains "Is it satan who blinds the eyes of Christians to keep them following a false doctrine?"

Millions of former Christians have fallen away from the faith and continue to fall away each year. The question keeps running through my mind, "Why doesn't the Biblical god intervene to stop this huge hemorrhaging of Christians away from the faith Jesus, his son designates as the true faith and the only one capable of saving men's souls ("I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the father but through me"). Doesn't the Biblical god care that his inaction is sending hundreds of millions of souls to eternal torment in the flames of hell??????????

Or does the Biblical god give himself a free pass from acting responsibly by saying, "Hey, it's not my job. I gave men free will. If they choose to ignore my son, Jesus it's on them, not me."

Old 02-11-2019, 12:30 PM

11,753 posts, read 4,525,289 times
why doesn't god that doesn't exist come in and stop it?

maybe that god is helping people leave because people have been butchering what he actually is?

Old 02-11-2019, 12:48 PM

4,606 posts, read 1,793,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Doesn't the Biblical god care that his inaction is sending hundreds of millions of souls to ... hell?
It's not up to God to save people. God gives the option, and it's up to us to choose. People have freewill and choice. But you can't handle that, and are into the blame game. Based on your heated words, with heavy doses of boldface and exclamation marks, you probably live an angry and miserable life.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-11-2019 at 01:06 PM..

Old 02-11-2019, 02:44 PM

15,678 posts, read 7,868,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
It's not up to God to save people. God gives the option, and it's up to us to choose. People have freewill and choice. But you can't handle that, and are into the blame game. Based on your heated words, with heavy doses of boldface and exclamation marks, you probably live an angry and miserable life.
What are the options people are supposed to choose between, in your understanding?

Old 02-11-2019, 02:48 PM

10,552 posts, read 10,865,200 times
Quote:
"It's not up to God to save people. God gives the option, and it's up to us to choose?????"

Thoreau, you're guilty of some pretty shoddy, inept excuse-making for your god's incompetence but THIS is by far the shoddiest!

Wasn't it Jesus who said,

Quote:
"My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. John 10:29
So Jesus assures us that no one on earth is capable of causing a Christian to be snatched out of their god's hand. That's about as secure an offer as Jesus can make. Further, Jesus promises:

Quote:
A hired hand will run when he sees a wolf coming. He will abandon the sheep because they don't belong to him and he isn't their shepherd. I am the good shepherd and I will not abandon my sheep. John 10:12
So Jesus talks out of both sides of his mouth. In one breath he promises, "NO ONE will take you out of my father's hands. You are eternally safe." But then in another breath he says, "Hey, if you decide to leave it's not my problem! It's not up to my father to save you!!!!!"

This makes your god about the most useless uncaring god in the whole pantheon. Hear that loud banging, Thoreau? That's the sound of another million Christians walking out the church doors and away from Christianity after reading your heartless defense of an even more heartless, impotent god.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:13 PM

11,753 posts, read 4,525,289 times
This thread does show one usefulness of a god thing. People get to release some personal responsibility in blaming a thing that doesn't exist for the good, bad, and ugly in humans.

yes, the reality of the situation is that jesus can detach with love if the bad is bringing everything around it down. And teaching to the detached that "if you keep trying you can be saved" is sound teaching. That is sound teaching.

it seems the older people are when they "wake up" the more violent the reaction. I wonder if it isn't better turned inward sometimes? as apposed to lashing out at every single person around one?

Old 02-11-2019, 04:20 PM

3,937 posts, read 1,448,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Anybody notice how the Biblical god shares so many attributes with an abusive husband it's practically impossible to tell the difference? One of the many hallmarks of an abusive husband is wrath followed almost immediately by pity and remorse for what he's done. "Return to me, for I have redeemed thee".

In one moment an abusive husband tells his wife how much he loves her--how she means the world to him--and then when she innocently says something or does something that would be completely innocuous to a normal person, in the abusive husband it triggers an abnormal reaction that any normal, well-adjusted person would find completely inexplicable. The husband out of nowhere punches, kicks, slaps and throttles his spouse and then, as she lay bleeding, half-conscious on the floor in a heap, says sorrowfully to her, "Darling, I hate doing that to you, I really do. Why do you force me to beat you that way?"

How is the Biblical god any different? In one moment he tells us how much he loves us, how we mean the world to him and then for a senseless thought crime like not trusting in Jesus for forgiveness of our sins he throws us into hell with, "Depart from me ye cursed into everlasting flames prepared for the devil and his minions for I told you to believe in my son so that you would not perish in eternal fire and ye would not do it. But don't feel bad, I do this with tears in my eyes. Remember, I'll always love you!"

So one moment it's "I love you" and the next moment it's "Depart from me, ye cursed!" Does that sound like a schizophrenic psychopath or doesn't it?

The normal person would find torturing their spouse for years on end while telling them how much they love them to be about the most heinous thing a person could do but for the Christian god to torture his spouse/child for eternity it's business as usual: "Hey, I got no problem with that, as long as you say and do EXACTLY what I tell you!"

Here are eight indicators of a domestic bully. How many of you can honestly say, "That sounds like the god of the Bible."

*Bullies, threatens, or controls you Matthew 25:41
*Accuses you of having an affair 1 Kings 14:15
*Blames you for abuse 2 Kings 17:19-20
*Criticizes you Isaiah 64:6
*Tells you what to wear and how you should look Leviticus, Isaiah 3:16-23
*Threatens to kill you or someone close to you Numbers 14:36-38
*Throws things or punches walls when angry Numbers 21:4-9
*Yells at you and tells you you are his property 1Corinthians 6:20
*Extremely jealous when you glance at other men Exodus 20:5

This is but a small exposť of what the Biblical god is really like underneath all that "love".
So you rejected the biblical God after how it was presented to you, and how contrasting you found him with your own research - fair enough!

Does that mean God does not exist?
And is that the end of your quest of finding who your creator is?

Old 02-11-2019, 04:39 PM

3,132 posts, read 978,126 times

Old 02-11-2019, 05:43 PM

3,089 posts, read 5,642,287 times
Quote:
As a Christian, you couldn't go 3 sentences without committing vengeful judgement? Did you feel better afterward?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality