U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 01:10 PM

1,656 posts, read 1,324,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Not sure why you would expect a Jewish rabbi to use the KJV, or why you would argue with one about the Christian version of his religion.

OTOH, the question was directed to Christians...
Given that the OP's premise is based on the text of the original Bible, I would thing that rosends's comments would be seen as extremely relevant to Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 01:32 PM

53,403 posts, read 52,465,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
Given that the OP's premise is based on the text of the original Bible, I would thing that rosends's comments would be seen as extremely relevant to Christians.
I don't disagree, and I am always interested in what rosends has to say, but since the OP is an atheist, I found it amusing that he was arguing with a rabbi about what Christians believe using the KJV. Maybe I am just easily amused.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:35 PM

3,418 posts, read 665,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Not sure why you would expect a Jewish rabbi to use the KJV, or why you would argue with one about the Christian version of his religion.

OTOH, the question was directed to Christians...
Yes, it was. I'm sure it seems to be causing some confusion.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:21 PM

4,274 posts, read 1,082,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
If nothing is perfect is a proper excuse, then why ever point anything out to be fixed?
because in God, him fixing it is an option some people chose. If you do not know there is a fix would you chose to fix what you have been being convinced that you(everyone) can not change ..
Unless God first told some one ( and everyone) that they do have a choice and that He could help them change..

first of all the commandments are NOT " thou shall NOT!"
it is "MY people who are called by my name will not .........." it is a listed created as an identifier of "HIS people" so anyone who wishes to be "HIs people" can by asking , He promises to write those laws on our heart.
sometimes that takes awhile... but as it says
"Come let us reason together though your sins be as scarlet they shall be made white as snow"

it is written on our hearts by the son and the spirit.. as we allow the washing of the word and as WE and him argue it out IRL>>>>> until he wins and can write that laws and it precepts on our hearts. law by law .. precept by precept.. Salvation/ sanctification is a decision to walk out a process following him .. because Jesus is the author and the finisher of our faith. his Job is to bring us to the Father.
it is not just an instant soup decision.. but a slow bake process.

we allow other the grace and mercy to do it in their timing as he gave us that same grace and mercy..

Old 02-17-2019, 06:46 PM

7,479 posts, read 4,522,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
No one is perfect...Christians fail like the rest of us. I'm not saying they don't try
Everyone fails like the rest of us. So there is really no excuse.
No one is perfect... some people need fixing in different areas and at different times.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
because in God, him fixing it is an option some people chose. If you do not know there is a fix would you chose to fix what you have been being convinced that you(everyone) can not change ..
Unless God first told some one ( and everyone) that they do have a choice and that He could help them change..

first of all the commandments are NOT " thou shall NOT!"
it is "MY people who are called by my name will not .........." it is a listed created as an identifier of "HIS people" so anyone who wishes to be "HIs people" can by asking , He promises to write those laws on our heart.
sometimes that takes awhile... but as it says
"Come let us reason together though your sins be as scarlet they shall be made white as snow"

it is written on our hearts by the son and the spirit.. as we allow the washing of the word and as WE and him argue it out IRL>>>>> until he wins and can write that laws and it precepts on our hearts. law by law .. precept by precept.. Salvation/ sanctification is a decision to walk out a process following him .. because Jesus is the author and the finisher of our faith. his Job is to bring us to the Father.
it is not just an instant soup decision.. but a slow bake process.

we allow other the grace and mercy to do it in their timing as he gave us that same grace and mercy..
So no pagans ever changed for their own betterment? Monotheists have such a myopic view. Bibliolatry has ruined shrouded what would otherwise be a greater vision.

Or so would it be "in gods, them fixing it is an option some people chose [to believe in with self/group-assured faith]" as well?

Even animals change their habits at some points, and all animals are currently as atheist and psychotic as the rocks.

Special writing? How do you think the Egyptians wrote their commandments? It was probably with a similarly vague language, and so could also have been interpreted as "my people will not..."

Factionalism is a lame excuse for a true hero. If it is all the monotheist god's fault, then they are all his people. I think you meant his "chosen" people because Abraham made a baby animal slaughter and carcass arrangement fertility pact with him.

Though they were born as white as snow, they were turned into scarlet by their reasoning together.

3 stand against you, but only in imagination, rumor, and hearsay. And to these three your psyche has succumbed.

A slowly baked religion for slow baked people. Like lambs to the slaughter.

The wages of ignorance is a great pain.
The wages of knowledge is an even greater one.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:27 AM

4,274 posts, read 1,082,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
So no pagans ever changed for their own betterment? Monotheists have such a myopic view. Bibliolatry has ruined shrouded what would otherwise be a greater vision.

Or so would it be "in gods, them fixing it is an option some people chose [to believe in with self/group-assured faith]" as well?

Even animals change their habits at some points, and all animals are currently as atheist and psychotic as the rocks.

Special writing? How do you think the Egyptians wrote their commandments? It was probably with a similarly vague language, and so could also have been interpreted as "my people will not..."

Factionalism is a lame excuse for a true hero. If it is all the monotheist god's fault, then they are all his people. I think you meant his "chosen" people because Abraham made a baby animal slaughter and carcass arrangement fertility pact with him.

Though they were born as white as snow, they were turned into scarlet by their reasoning together.

3 stand against you, but only in imagination, rumor, and hearsay. And to these three your psyche has succumbed.

A slowly baked religion for slow baked people. Like lambs to the slaughter.

The wages of ignorance is a great pain.
The wages of knowledge is an even greater one.
HAVE YOU EVER READ ABOUT THE CONCEPT AROUND LEAKAGE..

IT IS LIKE THROWING UP.. IF YOU COVER YOUR MOUTH.. THEN IT IS LEAKING ANYWAY AND IT WILL COME OUT YOUR NOSE. PLUG YOUR NOSE AND MOUTH AND IT WILL MAKE IT OUT YOUR EARS..

YOU CANT FIX YOU.. YOU DONT' KNOW WHY YOU GOT THERE AND YOU CAN' T GET OUT BY YOURSELF AND NOT END UP SOMEPLACE EVEN WORSE. AND THAT WILL BE COMING OUT YOUR EARS TOO .
I DONT BELIEVE YOU I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE DO IT SUCCESSFULLY. AND NOT END UP IN A WORSE PLACE..

THE JESUS TOLD THE TRUTH ..I HAVE SEEN IT OVER AND OVER ...

Mat 12:43

“When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.

Mat 12:44

“Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.

Mat 12:45

“Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.”

IF MAN CLEAN S UP HIS OWN HOUSE THE DEMON WILL JUST COME BACK WITH 7 EVEN MORE WORSE THAN HIMSELF ...
I NEVER SEEN IT FAIL.. AND I HAVE SEEN PLENTY OF FOLKS FROM INSANE ASYLUMS .. SET FREE BY GOD AND PRAYER AND LOVE AND HIS TRUTH AND HIS WORD .ALSO DRUG USERS AND ABUSERS OF ALL SORTS..
MENKIND JUST KEEPS PUMPIN DRUGS AT THEM.. AND THEY END UP MANY TIMES WORSE.
OUR MAKER CAN FIX US AND ONLY HE CAN FIX US ..
FOR REAL.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:24 AM

5,539 posts, read 4,714,654 times
1 . Christ one .as in one in Jesus Christ
if one is under the Lordship Of Christ then he obeys Him .
What did Jesus say concerning the law ,
1 Love God . 2 Love you neighbor as your self . on these two hang all the law and the prophets . Jesus said this,
and as a Christian I base what I believe on the things Jesus said, not on how men CHOOSE to interpret the law.
Matthew 4; Satan attempted to tempt Jesus using scriptures to make excuses to compromise His fast .
The fact that Satan uses scriptures to distract, for this reason is why Jesus provide the Holy Spirit to communicate God's will to Jesus genuine believers , both to teach them from God's point of view and that Jesus Lordship is actually exercised. Matthew 7;21,22,23,
The wicked under Satan make excuses using scriptures to govern them selves and others, this is not God's intent . this has proven true through out Israel's existence . and through out the existence of all men abusing the Word for their own means. Jesus said ,"My sheep know My voice. "

Its not the voice of a preacher or a religion, but that of the Holy Spirit, born of desperation to be obedient to Jesus Christ . "Blessed are they that DO hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled " . Desperation
Not the idea of manipulation or for show , God hates lies . Jesus said. "Satan is a liar and the father of it ."
Contrasting characteristic between God of heaven and Allah .
If you have the propensity to lie ,you need to come to terms with it, if you want God to believe you. He knows your heart, even your secrets .
It is why some people do not see any response from God , even "Christians " because there are unrepentant issues. lies. or the lack of gratitude, or desperation.
Being a child of God I am under greater scrutiny not by men , they have no idea the things that transpire between God and I .
God is not some terrible task master ,
I see circumstances and forget God sees the same circumstances but from a different perspective, and acting out of the ordinary as told, takes courage on my part . but when I fallow direction things work out I had no idea they are connected.
I digress ,
Well meaning noble people do things, but they are not under God's direct instruction . Jesus Lordship is not involved . Be it keeping the law or some other scriptural value , it comes down to motivation and who is giving instruction. Jesus reprimanded his disciples saying " Why do you call me Lord but do not do the things I tell you ?"
The character to obey some one they could feel and hear audibly was less effective than the voice of God from with in. The day of Pentecost - Acts 1;2; . When you know the Power of God from with in , it is not religion it is relationship.
The accountability to the Father has more meaning , an the relevance to the written word has a better coach.
I have through the years endured the "Lord's return"prophets of the time saying it now ,
and their books have proven them false. If I need to Know God will tell me , "If" I need to know. But this I'm sure of , only those whom are marked of the Holy Spirit ,His angels will harvest. I have no need to run some where unless He instructs me to at the time.

Last edited by arleigh; 02-21-2019 at 01:35 AM..

Old 02-25-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
HAVE YOU EVER READ ABOUT THE CONCEPT AROUND LEAKAGE..

IT IS LIKE THROWING UP.. IF YOU COVER YOUR MOUTH.. THEN IT IS LEAKING ANYWAY AND IT WILL COME OUT YOUR NOSE. PLUG YOUR NOSE AND MOUTH AND IT WILL MAKE IT OUT YOUR EARS..

YOU CANT FIX YOU.. YOU DONT' KNOW WHY YOU GOT THERE AND YOU CAN' T GET OUT BY YOURSELF AND NOT END UP SOMEPLACE EVEN WORSE. AND THAT WILL BE COMING OUT YOUR EARS TOO .
I DONT BELIEVE YOU I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE DO IT SUCCESSFULLY. AND NOT END UP IN A WORSE PLACE..

THE JESUS TOLD THE TRUTH ..I HAVE SEEN IT OVER AND OVER ...

Mat 12:43

“When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.

Mat 12:44

“Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.

Mat 12:45

“Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.”

IF MAN CLEAN S UP HIS OWN HOUSE THE DEMON WILL JUST COME BACK WITH 7 EVEN MORE WORSE THAN HIMSELF ...
I NEVER SEEN IT FAIL.. AND I HAVE SEEN PLENTY OF FOLKS FROM INSANE ASYLUMS .. SET FREE BY GOD AND PRAYER AND LOVE AND HIS TRUTH AND HIS WORD .ALSO DRUG USERS AND ABUSERS OF ALL SORTS..
MENKIND JUST KEEPS PUMPIN DRUGS AT THEM.. AND THEY END UP MANY TIMES WORSE.
OUR MAKER CAN FIX US AND ONLY HE CAN FIX US ..
FOR REAL.
Fallen, fallen, your statues have crumbled.
You have scrambled to gather the pieces together.
And as such scream in agony as I rip the poisoned shards from off your hands and back.
My neighbor, I'm here to help you rip the veil from off your polygamist wedding dress so that you may clearly see.

How many years has religion had to keep failing? Too few for their ravenous hunger! Wolfs in sheep's clothing fleecing, petting, and consuming and they have forgotten that they are wolfs! and they have ignored the innocent blood that they have so gravely spilled! Guilty, and they turn their cheek away from their victims! Their lip-service is directed first at themselves for paying lip-service!
They have been and are who they've hated and despised.

The Capitalist and Communist Physicians rely on tested and best even if not yet optimal chemical, biological, and psychological processes. The Religious Physicians rely on the failure of all alluring and lazy vanity of vanities! Hypocrites for Comfort, Fame, and Money! Scorpions on a Frog's back!

Selling snake oil by the bushels to many happy and boastful customers but even more quiet and sad ones, they study nothing but lie to themselves and assume. They do not follow after or seek the evidence of their transgressions. They put faith and stock that their eyes and hopes do not deceive them, yet they look away.

I've witnessed experts relate that their insane asylums are overflowing with the religiously zealous and the faithfully delusional. Mythology is a fake placebo crutch for inconsiderate people. The elderly bodies tire of abusing recreational drugs and then is when they rationalize. But even skeptical comfortable atheists have claimed to me to have been sober for decades and some for the rest of their lives. Even faithful desperate monotheists have claimed and demonstrated to me to have had their slips.

Indeed, many are healed by secular means and never become 7 times worse as the religions claim is the fruits of their faithful labor. The exercise 1 evil spirit only to invite 7 others?
Planning for failure is no excuse for failure!

How many Jesus' are there that "told the truth?" there is a unique Jesus for each person imagining him and arguing with each other about their Lord's thoughts and qualities. Indeed, don't just look at the denominations, but look at the first person on the front pew compared with the next.

Influences abound, a person is a product of their nature and, I say and, their environment. To do it on their own would be to ignore the unavoidable outside connection.

The false religions will continue to leak their infected blood out of every crevice until they pass away. Hopefully, they won't continue to spread and infect others with their malevolent ignorance and largely undetailed self/group-assured pride.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:06 PM

36 posts, read 3,473 times
they cant follow the original 10, because theyre in the ark of the covenant.

so which copy are we going to settle on as the official one?

we could also cross reference the egyptian book of the dead, but thats too much fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or