U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 11:14 AM

5,482 posts, read 2,128,335 times

Advertisements

Little Mosque on the Prairies (CBC) had Muslims. I think for the most part churches and mentions of going to or coming from church in movies or on TV are very casual and generic and hence not really noted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM

13,848 posts, read 11,364,010 times
Cuz they wear more colorful interesting costumes on stage? The altar?
Celibate men are interesting?
Confession is fascinating and mysterious and can be used
in so many many ways with the mafia, murdering housewives whispering to the priest...
Highlander with the nuns screaming in fear...
so much can be interesting to the eye in Cathedrals.

Tarentino's 'Kill Bill' used a neat old Southwestern church as I recall...better scene there
rather than a Catholic church, in my opinion.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; Yesterday at 07:23 PM..

Old Today, 09:58 AM

36,196 posts, read 9,770,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Little Mosque on the Prairies (CBC) had Muslims. I think for the most part churches and mentions of going to or coming from church in movies or on TV are very casual and generic and hence not really noted.
Little mosque on the prairie? really? I'll look that up. I'll mention the UK 'Citizen Khan'. That comedy was written bu a Hindu I believe (maybe not) but is had a couple of religion -related episodes - one notably about fasting.

Yep. It's a real series. Comedy, I gather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or