Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2019, 10:37 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes, maybe the expectation changes. The point is, I think, that many many people experience an answer (and speedy quick) to a question that's floated in the air. The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind . . .

In my case, I call on the name of Jesus. In other people, they call on the universe.

Here's one, brief story, and I swear I'm not changing a detail.

A friend was having a very difficult time with her 10 year old son. He was brushed with autism, and had sensory integration disorder, and was in general, extremely defiant and angry. She was near tears at the park, we sat on a bench and she said she needs to find the exact kind of doctor he needs, she doesn't know what kind, she doesn't want to doctor shop, she needs help now. At that moment, a mom on the other side of the park approached us and they both recognized each other as former neighbors, the one had moved out of town. What brings you back for a visit, my friend asked. Turns out, her son has the very same problems, and comes back to town 4X a year to see this fabulous OT who has made a huge difference in his life. She would recommend him to anyone, this woman says, and oddly, he's still accepting patients.

That's what I'm talking about. My friend didn't call out the name of Jesus, as I do, but rather, cried out for help and BAM here it comes in the form of a woman crossing the park to deliver the exact information she was looking for.

And I can't ignore that, and I can't think that spirit force doesn't exist.

And I'm sorry for those who haven't seen it, over and over and over.

I'm not going to give details of other experiences, they're very profound and intimate, but I have literally cried out to Jesus because I needed specific items, and the door to the office I was in literally opened, and a person gave me those items. Out of the blue, and unexpectedly.
She was probably disturbed hearing someone screaming out to Jesus for Post-it Notes and wanted to make it stop.

(J/K)

Old 02-23-2019, 10:39 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
She was probably disturbed hearing someone screaming out to Jesus for Post-it Notes and wanted to make it stop.

(J/K)
haha, well that's a visual! ;D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 10:53 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
I wish you all well.

I'm about out of this thread.

Again, how stupid would I have to be, when calling on Jesus for help, and not realizing that I get answers every time?

And no, I don't think I'm better than starving children.

Best wishes to all.
I guess it is uncomfortable for you to acknowledge that if Jesus existed and was good, there wouldn't be any such thing as starving children.

I can't help but wonder what are these things which Jesus has helped you with. Your team won the game? You got a good parking spot? One of the other inconsequential things people pray about benefitting themselves?

Old 02-23-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I don't know how to fully reconcile that. I'm not your teacher, Petunia. You have to figure this out for yourself.

I think they're in a better place.

Truly.

I think we're on this earth temporarily, that our spirits inhabit a body, and then go on to a better place.

You can be ugly about that, and ridicule me, but that's what I think. And I think I'm headed for a better place, as I think almost all of us are, whether they are believers in Jesus or not, based on how others in near death experiences describe it. Most, in virtual death experiences, have a very very positive experience. A few seem to be in hell before they're pulled back by medical intervention.

*shrug* Believe it or don't.
You misunderstand. I asked how you reconcile that. Most Christians reconcile it by pretending not to notice.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Exactly. EXACTLY. Not always the answer I sought, but an answer that works.
I think you do not understand what you just emphatically agreed with.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:01 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I guess it is uncomfortable for you to acknowledge that if Jesus existed and was good, there wouldn't be any such thing as starving children.

I can't help but wonder what are these things which Jesus has helped you with. Your team won the game? You got a good parking spot? One of the other inconsequential things people pray about benefitting themselves?
My washing machine has this thing. If you put heavy clothes (jeans, towels) in with light clothes, (underwear and socks, small knit shirts) it doesn't drain well. I have no idea why, I just know that it does that.
*shrug* I don't really have the answer as to why that is, I just know not to combine heavy and light things. If a washer repair guy asked why I thought it did that, I don't know. Beats me. I don't have all the answers, dude, I just know how to sort my clothes.

And no, "Petunia", I don't pray the Jesus show yourself prayer for small things, or for myself. It's a big, big prayer and I use it very sparingly.

The whole thing about praying for your team is from your head, not mine. ;D

Old 02-23-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Yes, maybe the expectation changes. The point is, I think, that many many people experience an answer (and speedy quick) to a question that's floated in the air. The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind . . .

In my case, I call on the name of Jesus. In other people, they call on the universe.

Here's one, brief story, and I swear I'm not changing a detail.

A friend was having a very difficult time with her 10 year old son. He was brushed with autism, and had sensory integration disorder, and was in general, extremely defiant and angry. She was near tears at the park, we sat on a bench and she said she needs to find the exact kind of doctor he needs, she doesn't know what kind, she doesn't want to doctor shop, she needs help now. At that moment, a mom on the other side of the park approached us and they both recognized each other as former neighbors, the one had moved out of town. What brings you back for a visit, my friend asked. Turns out, her son has the very same problems, and comes back to town 4X a year to see this fabulous OT who has made a huge difference in his life. She would recommend him to anyone, this woman says, and oddly, he's still accepting patients.

That's what I'm talking about. My friend didn't call out the name of Jesus, as I do, but rather, cried out for help and BAM here it comes in the form of a woman crossing the park to deliver the exact information she was looking for.

And I can't ignore that, and I can't think that spirit force doesn't exist.

And I'm sorry for those who haven't seen it, over and over and over.

I'm not going to give details of other experiences, they're very profound and intimate, but I have literally cried out to Jesus because I needed specific items, and the door to the office I was in literally opened, and a person gave me those items. Out of the blue, and unexpectedly.
This sort of serendipity happens to everyone, even those of us who don't call on Jesus.

Old 02-23-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
My washing machine has this thing. If you put heavy clothes (jeans, towels) in with light clothes, (underwear and socks, small knit shirts) it doesn't drain well. I have no idea why, I just know that it does that.
*shrug* I don't really have the answer as to why that is, I just know not to combine heavy and light things. If a washer repair guy asked why I thought it did that, I don't know. Beats me. I don't have all the answers, dude, I just know how to sort my clothes.

And no, "Petunia", I don't pray the Jesus show yourself prayer for small things, or for myself. It's a big, big prayer and I use it very sparingly.

The whole thing about praying for your team is from your head, not mine. ;D
If praying for a team were in my head, it wouldn't happen daily all across the country.

It's great that you have the ear of Jesus and that you only pray for the big, big things. When are you going to get around to praying that no young child will ever again starve or be sold as a prostitute? Today, I hope.

Old 02-23-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
If praying for a team were in my head, it wouldn't happen daily all across the country.

It's great that you have the ear of Jesus and that you only pray for the big, big things. When are you going to get around to praying that no young child will ever again starve or be sold as a prostitute? Today, I hope.
Seems like you could take care of that?

The funny thing about internet forums is, you never know really who you're talking to.

Or how much of my time and resources are spent helping out disadvantaged and at-risk children.

What you don't know, you don't know.

Last edited by ClaraC; 02-23-2019 at 02:50 PM..

Old 02-23-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
This sort of serendipity happens to everyone, even those of us who don't call on Jesus.
I understand synchronicity. I know that when you hear a new word, chances are pretty good you'll coincidentally hear that same word again very soon.

I know that when I pick up my phone to check if a text I've been waiting for all day has come, it's highly likely the text will come in just as I pick up my phone.

That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about calling for help, and help immediately arrives.

And I'll say this - I do use it sparingly, and only when help is REALLY needed. Big things. And I've never had it fail.

What are the odds of that being coincidence, synchronicity, serendipity?

In my mind, about zero.

But I guess it's really not material for me if you believe what I'm saying. It's enough for me that I believe what I'm experiencing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality