Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2019, 03:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,604 posts, read 17,935,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
A van load isnt going to feed everyone who is starving. Why such a small prayer? Is Jesus not powerful, or does he just not answer your prayers?

We already know he doesnt answer the prayers of those who are suffering and dying. If your claim that he answers your prayers is true, it seems incredibly selfish to me that you won't pray for everyone who needs food. What is stopping you? Do it right now. When hunger ends today, I will have no choice but to recognize the truth of your claims.
I've got to say, I like nearly everybody who posts on City Data, and can usually find something they post that I agree with.

You've presented me with a challenge in that regard, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 03:24 PM

50,768 posts, read 24,270,853 times
So Clara, what happens when two people pray fervently for exactly the opposite thing?

Old 02-24-2019, 03:29 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,604 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So Clara, what happens when two people pray fervently for exactly the opposite thing?
I don't know.

Maybe neither prayer is answered? Maybe they are both given extra insights and one changes their mind?

I don't know why I'm suddenly considered a master theologian here, I am absolutely not one.

I'm just a woman whose seen her prayers for guidance and help answered speedy-quick.

I'm really not a guru that people should come to and sit at my feet begging for pearls of wisdom.

Besides the fact, that I've seen miracles.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:36 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,632,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If they were praying with their hands and feet, and working toward peace, then maybe?

As they say, God doesn't call the equipped. He equips the called.

So if you're doing the work of the Lord, expect miracles to accompany your efforts.

Sitting in a church and praying fervently for peace is probably not going to be successful. Praying for guidance and help with creating peace is very, very likely to be effective.

In my experience, when I'm trying to do the Lord's work, doors open. Supplies arrive.
What do you mean "probably not going to be successful". Millions of people have been praying for peace for thousands of years. Do we have peace? There's no "probably"; praying for peace has not been successful.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:41 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Although Not Clara, the ^ above ^ post reminds me of the world wars.
In the realm of Christendom false clergy prayed for the victory even though it meant so-called Christians killing each other.
So-called Christians of one country killing so-called Christians of another country, and justifying that by saying whoever is the victor is the one whose prayers were answered by God.
Even today false clergy use the pulpit as a recruiting station so parents will sacrifice their young on the Altar of War as it that is the same thing a the Altar of God.
On the other hand, Jesus and his 1st-century followers remained ' neutral ' in world affairs.
They did Not even become involved in the issues of the day between the Jews and Romans.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I think you forgot to read my posts.

BTW, your first paragraph is an excellent logic puzzle.

If I don't believe in God, would he answer my prayers anyway? Touche. Be a good one for a Logic 101 class to unpack.
It's not a puzzle at all. I am asking you direct questions. Apparently, you choose to not answer them. I understand why. Deep down, you do as well. Basically, you are admitting that you KNOW the things you claim to be true are a bunch of hogwash. You WISH that they were true, but that doesn't magically make them true. You'd rather pretend to believe them anyway.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:46 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What do you mean "probably not going to be successful". Millions of people have been praying for peace for thousands of years. Do we have peace? There's no "probably"; praying for peace has not been successful.
Peace is Not successful because man's long history proves man can't direct his step - Jeremiah 10:23
That is why God will have Jesus, as Prince of Peace, to step in - Rev. 19:14-16; Isaiah 11:3-4.
We want to keep awake! as Jesus said because as 1st Thess. 5:2-3 informs us the time is coming when the 'powers that be' will be saying, "Peace and Security...." but that will only prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 before Jesus who is the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
No, I haven't.
Yes, you have. You quoted someone else saying it and said "Exactly! Exactly!". I said I thought you had not understood what you were agreeing with, but you made no correction.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I've got to say, I like nearly everybody who posts on City Data, and can usually find something they post that I agree with.

You've presented me with a challenge in that regard, though.
Oh well.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I don't know.

Maybe neither prayer is answered? Maybe they are both given extra insights and one changes their mind?

I don't know why I'm suddenly considered a master theologian here, I am absolutely not one.

I'm just a woman whose seen her prayers for guidance and help answered speedy-quick.

I'm really not a guru that people should come to and sit at my feet begging for pearls of wisdom.

Besides the fact, that I've seen miracles.
Do you intend to use this awesome power to help others or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality