U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 07:50 PM

5,976 posts, read 1,921,495 times

Advertisements

How about the Apostolic Church picks up the tab. I dislike this woman but I really believe she was used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 09:59 PM

5,976 posts, read 1,921,495 times

Old 02-19-2019, 10:39 PM

10,622 posts, read 10,892,564 times
"Hey, when you're a quarter-million in debt, looking beautiful ain't exactly at the top of your "to do" list!"

Old 02-20-2019, 05:53 AM

10,734 posts, read 10,695,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
How about the Apostolic Church picks up the tab. I dislike this woman but I really believe she was used.
I suppose it is possible that she was used to make a case at first. If I remember correctly, there were three same sex couples that went to her office to get marriage licenses.

However, she was given an opportunity to simply allow other employees to comply with the law, but she decided on her own to defy an order from a federal court judge. That was definitely on her and her alone.

If she had simply obeyed the law, she would have had no legal bills.

Wait a minute. Wasn't she represented by Liberty Counsel? I thought they were a non-profit, donation supported charitable organization. Hmmm.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:25 AM

36,454 posts, read 9,847,905 times
She was used as a catspaw by Religious fundamentalism - which is awash with oil - dollars, donations and tithes - much of it tax -free; let them pay.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:37 AM

11,937 posts, read 4,559,028 times
we have people that think we should spend millions on "saving" people far worse than her. Millions on uni-bomber, rapist, and seriously sick types.

we can't have it both ways. "save our side" and "damn the other side". Do process is an important component in doing the best we can.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:46 AM

36,454 posts, read 9,847,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
we have people that think we should spend millions on "saving" people far worse than her. Millions on uni-bomber, rapist, and seriously sick types.

we can't have it both ways. "save our side" and "damn the other side". Do process is an important component in doing the best we can.
When bombers, rapists and the criminally mentally -sick (I suppose you meant) are found guilty, then they become liable, and I for one do not see that the public should stump -up for their wrongdoings.

Before then, everyone has a right to a fair trial. True, they often have to find the money. Christian fundamentalism found it. And I won't say a thing about what a small amount of the fundraising campaign actually went on the case.

Arach, you need to go back to the drawing -board on nearly all of your thinking. You mental processes are totally screwed by bias against anything 'liberal', which sems to include 'New' atheism.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:07 PM

11,937 posts, read 4,559,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
When bombers, rapists and the criminally mentally -sick (I suppose you meant) are found guilty, then they become liable, and I for one do not see that the public should stump -up for their wrongdoings.

Before then, everyone has a right to a fair trial. True, they often have to find the money. Christian fundamentalism found it. And I won't say a thing about what a small amount of the fundraising campaign actually went on the case.

Arach, you need to go back to the drawing -board on nearly all of your thinking. You mental processes are totally screwed by bias against anything 'liberal', which sems to include 'New' atheism.
this post is absolutely nonsense. I have no bias with liberal thinking, I am actually liberal in my thinking.

I just don't make "anti-religion" or a "statement of belief about god" the reason I make choices. all people get due process. we waste a ton of money on criminals and this one isn't the poster child to argue against it.

You anti-religion bias is so screwed up it clouds your judgement. You stuff is so riddled with anti-theism propaganda inconsistency that i 1/2 think your paid to spew the nonsense myself.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:22 PM

5,490 posts, read 2,139,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

The reason that taxpayers should pay for her legal fees is that taxpayers pay for the cost of imprisonment of convicted criminals? Or because public defenders are supplied to some so private lawyers should be paid for others? N9 idea what your point is supposed to be here.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:22 AM

14,442 posts, read 9,967,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Maybe we can send her on a mission trip to a far off island?
Agreed! That island where that other religious dumb-wit got a nice welcome from the natives... with an arrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or