U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 12:15 PM

12,051 posts, read 4,585,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I also get awe, but not the desperation, even though I know there IS a lot more out there I can't see. It just reminds me that I'm not much more than one of those tiny ants that keep invading my kitchen.

It also helps that where I live is so full of light pollution that I can only see the brightest stars, but when I go to other places where there is real darkness, the visibility of so many more stars takes my breath away. Then when I'm back home, I know that they're out there even though I can't see them.

Back in 2012, a major weather event called the Sandy Superstorm rolled through, and the area where I live was without power for days (six days for me). A side benefit (for those of us who didn't lose our homes, of course) was that the night sky was gloriously visible until the electrical grid was back up and running.
I am not an "awe" person myself. But what are the interactions we see going no around us? What is best descriptor of those interactions? "Life", life is by far the most valid claim. "homeostasis" fits great. And every discovery we make is pointing to that more and more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 03:33 PM

14,204 posts, read 11,474,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I don't want to interfere with these poetic descriptions,
but to inject some science. Light exists in the measurable EM spectrum
and our consciousness (Spirit) exists in the unmeasurable EM spectrum. Food for thought.
Didn't have to do much thinking on this one...

We have a small range of light measurable from red to violet only.
And Spirit unmeasurable, yet, the cause of the entire 3rd Dimension..laying beyond our
5 puny, limited senses so many hallow for bringing so much information to the brain
to be all scientific.
Yet, hidden inside, tucked away neatly in our brain is The Bridge to the Spirit....the bridge from the finite
to the infinite, the 6th sense...that so many have never experienced.
Why? Because they missed the clue...
Be still and know that I am God ...
go to the Secret Place....
where a table waits for you to sup with Me...
near the rushing waters.
The sound of harps await you
where I dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven...
the Home you left...and is waiting for you...

Right under your own pillow...
The last place you will look for Me.

(using poetic license)

Old 02-25-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
maybe its not measurable because that field isn't there?
Max Planck, the father of quantum theory, said in 1944 there is "matrix" , some call
it a 'field', that is the birth of stars, the DNA of life, and everything between originates.
Recent discoveries reveal dramatic evidence that Planck's matrix is real.
It's the missing link ...
To be acquainted with the matrix, you have to speak it's language.
*Paraphrase of Gregg Braden's in 'The Divine Matrix'.

Max Plank:
''All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force
the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.''

Ha..And as I always say...but Dr. Plank said it before I knew he did:
"There is no matter as such—mind is the matrix of all matter."

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 02-25-2019 at 03:57 PM..

Old 02-25-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Max Planck, the father of quantum theory, said in 1944 there is "matrix" , some call
it a 'field', that is the birth of stars, the DNA of life, and everything between originates.
Recent discoveries reveal dramatic evidence that Planck's matrix is real.
It's the missing link ...
To be acquainted with the matrix, you have to speak it's language.
*Paraphrase of Gregg Braden's in 'The Divine Matrix'.

Max Plank:
''All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force
the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.''

Ha..And as I always say...but Dr. Plank said it before I knew he did:
"There is no matter as such—mind is the matrix of all matter."
yeah, I call that matrix the fabric of space. In fact, that was the last nail for me in thinking homeostasis is the best word word we have for this region of the matrix.

What is Space (Fabric of the Cosmos) NOVA HD. with special note to the 23 min mark where it has been shown experimentally.

When I claim we are connected through the fabric of space, I say that based on the experiment that shows space is something. Trans is, in affect, telling me to ignore experimental physic to maintain his statement of belief about god. When trans tells me to deny it, in the name of atheism, he is telling me to lie. Just like fundy theist say "in the name of our god, deny that science.

Me? i don't care, i don't hate region, I love science. i "hate" that people misuse religion. But i have no emotional connection to something that is not real.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Then 96% of our Reality isn't there.
no. I say that we don't know what the 95 % is. I don't say 'oh, we don't know what it is so its consciousness'.

or flip that.

we don't know what conciseness is and we don't know what 95 % of the universe is ... that means the unknown is consciousness." do you see? the difference?

Old 02-25-2019, 05:16 PM

3,991 posts, read 1,467,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's true. 'Light' has always been associated with the good, the enlightening and the uplifting. Dark, the opposite. In fact it's become damn' embarrassing these days. I thin there's a evolutionary instinctive reason why -the dark conceals. It is hard to detect threats. Anything could be lurking in the dark.

Sun comes up, you can see everything clearly. You are not afraid of that dark shape that seemed to move. Bushes (as you can now clearly see) don't move.
So if light is associated with God as OP stated, you being an Atheists feel what when it comes to theological state of mind? In a state of darkness. I suppose?

Old 02-25-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
no. I say that we don't know what the 95 % is.
Thought I'd toss in...according to quantum physics we are 99.99999% empty space.
Hope that messes with people's minds tonight.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:02 PM

7,506 posts, read 4,537,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I'm not being rude...but you believe their descriptions?
These may be the same people that called a comet a chariot in the sky, see what I mean?

I am wondering if we should ask who has seen this Divine Light that is God?
Otherwise, it may be all coming from others' interpretations of what thy are seeing on earth...
the burning bush... is a good example....meditators and NDErs are the people to ask.
You're not being rude at all. I merely believe that had hjdc (being a fundamentalist or even an interpretational/liberal Bibliolatrist) known/remembered those OT descriptions, they wouldn't have said what they said about Yahweh not being at all linked with Fire while trying to so ardently attack the iconoclastic Zoroastrian faith which was a cousin, coddler, and saver of Judaism.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So if light is associated with God as OP stated, you being an Atheists feel what when it comes to theological state of mind? In a state of darkness. I suppose?
But doesn't the Sun shine on the saint and the criminal? It wouldn't really matter if someone didn't believe in a God...the Light is still the Light? Wouldn't it?
The Light also wouldn't need someone to believe in it to simple 'be".
My take...and I know everyone wants top hear what i have to say!

Hey, I'm thrilled here watching these fantastic, new singers on The Voice, wow!

Old 02-25-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Zoroastrian faith which was a cousin, coddler, and saver of Judaism.
Not hijacking the thread...but I did not know Z was a saver of Judaism!!
I know some basics about the Z beliefs...one God is one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or