Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 06:08 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,225,633 times

Advertisements

Ok...if one believes in prayer, healing, miracles, Law of Attraction, or the power of the mind or will...fine.
If they do not...fine.

But understanding prayer, healing, ('so called') miracles, etc., should be better understood, in my opinion, for all involved...
and before rigidly saying, "Baloney" to them all.

It is pretty involved to talk about the tipping point, the turning point, or the 100th monkey effect...
But, one person or one church all praying for, focusing on, if you will, the starving children in just one country...is not enough apparently.

Gregg Braden explains, with proof and examples of all of the above...from LOA, healing to effecting a city's crime rate for a chunk of hours.
I tried to find the shortest Gregg Braden youtube to start a new person off that has never understood the power we have to effect change in our inner and outer world or experience.
-It is not anti-Christian, anti-religion, nor pro....
-for a 'believer' of any religion it could help them understand their prayers more...
-for an atheist it would satisfy their logic...a win-win.
So here...and this is just 1 short intro of all Gregg's research, lectures and books over decades, 12 min:Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMv9heE6Egs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 06:14 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,989,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ok...if one believes in prayer, healing, miracles, Law of Attraction, or the power of the mind or will...fine.
If they do not...fine.

But understanding prayer, healing, ('so called') miracles, etc., should be better understood, in my opinion, for all involved...
and before rigidly saying, "Baloney" to them all.

It is pretty involved to talk about the tipping point, the turning point, or the 100th monkey effect...
But, one person or one church all praying for, focusing on, if you will, the starving children in just one country...is not enough apparently.

Gregg Braden explains, with proof and examples of all of the above...from LOA, healing to effecting a city's crime rate for a chunk of hours.
I tried to find the shortest Gregg Braden youtube to start a new person off that has never understood the power we have to effect change in our inner and outer world or experience.
-It is not anti-Christian, anti-religion, nor pro....
-for a 'believer' of any religion it could help them understand their prayers more...
-for an atheist it would satisfy their logic...a win-win.
So here...and this is just 1 short intro of all Gregg's research, lectures and books over decades, 12 min:Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMv9heE6Egs
If you believe it, shouldn't that be good enough?

Old 02-25-2019, 09:22 AM

18,193 posts, read 16,785,875 times
Interesting to me that in Matthew 25 parable of the sheep and goats Jesus didn't say:

"Come you blessed of my Father into the kingdom for you prayed to my Father in my name to feed the hungry and clothe the naked and visit those in prison.

Depart from me, ye curse into everlasting fire for you prayed not to my Father in my name to feed the hungry and clothe the naked and visit those in prison."

Even Jesus contradicts himself by telling us to do, not to pray and then out of the other side of his mouth say, "Ask anything in my name and my Father will do it."

Okay, Jesus, here's your chance: "In your name, Jesus I pray that you feed every hungry person, clothe every naked person and heal every disease that plagues mankind. Let them see the power of your salvation. In the name of Jesus I ask the Father to do this, Amen."

Let's watch what happens.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:15 AM

This has way more information...even if you just listened to the first 10 minutes. Explains so much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3z1SWP9uos

Old 02-25-2019, 10:31 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,320,701 times
Thanks for the videos, MissH. I agree that it's a win-win. Work at feeling better. If it's true that how we feel impacts our reality in the way this guy describes, then the more people who practice feeling better, the more we should see a change. If it's not true you've still got a bunch of people walking around feeling better than they did before, which will, if nothing else, change their behavior and impact reality in that way.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Even Jesus contradicts himself by telling us to do, not to pray and then out of the other side of his mouth say, "Ask anything in my name and my Father will do it."
Okay, Jesus, here's your chance: "In your name, Jesus I pray that you feed every hungry person, clothe every naked person and heal every disease that plagues mankind. Let them see the power of your salvation. In the name of Jesus I ask the Father to do this, Amen."
I was hoping people would listen to some of the youtube, enjoy it and listen to more of
Gregg Braden...he has already done the 'work', has more credentials and experience...so I didn't have to spend so much time myself.
This is one of stronger posts.

-First, the attitude of, Ok let's see what happens, smacks of failure immediately and you know it...nothing's going to happen.
I'm not going to say more on that ...it's obvious why. *buzzer*
-Second,
you have asked something you yourself do not even believe in , *buzzer*...it is like you went directly to the 200 lb weights without building your muscles with the 40 pounders first.
You have no faith that this will happen...why, you haven't even spent the time to imagine it.
Destined for failure, a self fulfilling attitude...."It'll never come about"...and you are correct.
-The next thing,
you must know what's meant by 'in my name'...most bozos think it means
just what you said above..and they say, 'Jesus...'
Oy.
-I bet you have never read anything about what a person's name meant in those days...
It held so much power, the power of the person...Moses begged to be told God's Name; it was who they were...what they stood for AND represented their very nature.

Saying or asking for something in Jesus' name, you have to 'be in that nature which is the Christ'....that Higher Frequency, place, state, vibration, the Christ Consciousness...not just say, 'Jesus'.
Why do you think I can go to a dying person's ICU bed, in a coma, being kept alive only by pumps...and they get healed completely head to toe, no brain damage by the morning...
it is NOT because I said, 'In Jesus's name I ask...."

Jesus' power was so great, his clarity and knowledge were so powerful he could heal the homeless out in the streets...convulsive, blind, begging and dirty....you are not him, yet.

This is why I spoke above about the 100th monkey, the tipping point...did you know what I was talking about? Did you google it?
Did you order a book on the subject? Maybe I'm wrong, but,
Thrill, I think you charged off on a soapbox of attitude that you're so familiar with.

You sound like a professional hard head, ha...unwilling to open and change? Like many here I have read.
Growth happens when we want to learn...and are ready. You've gotta drop your fists, tho.
All that, I got from your post above...other times I have'nt...so there's hope for you yet.

Get the movie Dr. Strange...watch how he transformed.

I 'feel' you are mad because you have tried all this religious stuff and it hasn't worked...well, some things just need some fine tuning and it will.

Belief is powerful...and yes Jesus said you just need a mustard seed of faith...but NOT if it is covered over with doubt and unconscious incorrect beliefs (I'm not deserving, He won't help ME, I'm so deserving of this skin disease, I'm being tested... and all that nonsense....) or if you are uppity
and prideful....you have to be sincerely like an innocent child in wonder and expectation of what you have asked for for a seed of faith to work.

ALL this in books, and online...pls listen just a bit to Gregg B., So I can go shopping.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:49 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,594,635 times
So how about if YOU pray for the starving children, Miss Hepburn? What will happen?

Old 02-25-2019, 01:36 PM

63,463 posts, read 39,732,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
So how about if YOU pray for the starving children, Miss Hepburn? What will happen?
What we are dealing with is the SCALE of influence possible. It is unreasonable to expect any single human consciousness to affect 7+ billion. So what scale would be necessary for any reasonable expectation to be realized? How homogenous must it be? We know anecdotally that something called the Home Field Advantage seems to exist but since it is dependent upon the actual composition and attitudes of the attendant crowd, it is hardly uniform in effect. What might be possible with a completely homogenous 7+ billion consciousnesses????? Just speculating.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:47 PM

8,492 posts, read 3,734,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What we are dealing with is the SCALE of influence possible. It is unreasonable to expect any single human consciousness to affect 7+ billion. So what scale would be necessary for any reasonable expectation to be realized? How homogenous must it be? We know anecdotally that something called the Home Field Advantage seems to exist but since it is dependent upon the actual composition and attitudes of the attendant crowd, it is hardly uniform in effect. What might be possible with a completely homogenous 7+ billion consciousnesses????? Just speculating.
If one hypothesizes 7+ billion people could be in unity about anything, it stands to reason the measurable effect would be enormous - but it has nothing to do with God or prayer; it has to do with our ability to make a difference (and, of course, the larger number, the better).

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 02-25-2019 at 01:58 PM..

Old 02-25-2019, 01:51 PM

63,463 posts, read 39,732,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
If one hypothesizes 7+ billion people could be in unity about anything, it stands to reason the measurable effect would be enormous - but it has nothing to with God or prayer; it has to do with our ability to make a difference (and, of course, the larger number, the better).
Agreed, and since we purportedly have Dominion on the earth, it truly IS up to us collectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality