Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Social Justice Warriors Compensating for Lack of Religion?
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 03:25 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,665,533 times

Advertisements

Straightforward question, Social Justice Warriors go around trying to find societal ills to cure even where none exist. Are they subconsciously trying to compensate for the void that exists after foregoing religion?

Old 02-28-2019, 03:38 PM

50,469 posts, read 24,054,533 times
The wording of your post certainly doesn't indicate much of an open mind on this.

But most of the Social Justice Warriors I know are religious.

If no ill exists, then there is nothing to cure.

And do you have something against social justice?

Old 02-28-2019, 04:37 PM

88,298 posts, read 84,311,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Straightforward question, Social Justice Warriors go around trying to find societal ills to cure even where none exist. Are they subconsciously trying to compensate for the void that exists after foregoing religion?
Can you explain what you mean by the bolded and give an example?

Old 02-28-2019, 04:39 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,997,745 times
Quote:
It's probably more akin to 'a means to an end'. If you can divorce a person away from their ideology, perhaps that person will be receptive to your soapbox/platform.

I really feel humanity is going backward, especially when people are wanting less diversity and more groupthink. It seems we are losing more faith in our fellow man than we are gaining.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:01 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,094,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
It's probably more akin to 'a means to an end'. If you can divorce a person away from their ideology, perhaps that person will be receptive to your soapbox/platform.

I really feel humanity is going backward, especially when people are wanting less diversity and more groupthink. It seems we are losing more faith in our fellow man than we are gaining.
Photography is one of my avocations. By changing my lenses, I change my perspective on what I see.

Perhaps it's your perspective that needs adjusting.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:07 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,997,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Photography is one of my avocations. By changing my lenses, I change my perspective on what I see.

Perhaps it's your perspective that needs adjusting.
You live to take swipes, no matter the topic.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:22 PM

17,704 posts, read 13,565,089 times
Quote:
There is no "void" after forgoing religion. I have forgone religion and I don't do jack to help any of you other people because we atheists are selfish (we don't have Jesus to encourage us to be do gooders).

Since SWJs are supposed to be selfish, apparently SWJs must be part of God's "plan". I mean without SWJs how are we ever gonna get the Antichrist.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:36 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,613,291 times
Wow.

1. Who are these "Social Justice Warriors"? Are they individuals or a homogeneous group with a hive mind?

2. What non-existent societal ills are they attempting to cure?

3. What "void"? Do you mean freedom?

Old 02-28-2019, 05:42 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,475,573 times
Quote:
No. It's not a 'straightforward question'. Instead, you serve up a snarl term which turns justice into a pejorative (which says something about you, and nothing about those interested in justice) and insinuate that those concerned with justice (who you don't like because you dislike the short of justice they pursue) need religion. And you pose this as a question to give yourself the craven "Hey, I was just asking a question!" out when called on your nonsense.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:48 PM

88,298 posts, read 84,311,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
No. It's not a 'straightforward question'. Instead, you serve up a snarl term which turns justice into a pejorative (which says something about you, and nothing about those interested in justice) and insinuate that those concerned with justice (who you don't like because you dislike the short of justice they pursue) need religion. And you pose this as a question to give yourself the craven "Hey, I was just asking a question!" out when called on your nonsense.
^ Glad it wasn't just me who read it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.