U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 12:21 PM

6,042 posts, read 1,942,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So back to this delicious pizza.

If I were at the table, and someone was saying oh my gosh, taste this delicious pizza!! It's just yummy. And when I eat it, I kind of feel euphoric - must be an herb? I don't know. And when I eat it for dinner, I have the most wonderful dreams! And a few at the table agreed it tasted out of worldly good, and they felt calm too. A few people said wait what? I can't even taste it??? You can't prove to me that you can taste it, that it makes you euphoric, and gives you good dreams!

Personally, I'd be very thankful to be in the crowd that could taste the pizza.

Taste and see the goodness of the Lord. Psalms 34:8a
I would just be skeptical it was the best pizza ever especially since everyone else selling pizza is claiming their pizza is the best. I would like to know what herb was causing you to have the euphoric feeling though. Now that I would be interested and not all these claims of #bestpizzaever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 12:22 PM

8,095 posts, read 4,815,634 times
Quote:

If I were at the table, and someone was saying oh my gosh, taste this delicious pizza!! It's just yummy. And when I eat it, I kind of feel euphoric - must be an herb? I don't know. And when I eat it for dinner, I have the most wonderful dreams! And a few at the table agreed it tasted out of worldly good, and they felt calm too. A few people said wait what? I can't even taste it??? You can't prove to me that you can taste it, that it makes you euphoric, and gives you good dreams!

If you like the pizza, eat the pizza. If you want to tell me I need the pizza, you will have to prove that is so, or I will continue to decline the pizza.

It's a very simple concept.

Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. Numbers 31: 17-18 (NIV)

Old 03-01-2019, 12:26 PM

8,774 posts, read 3,408,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I would just be skeptical it was the best pizza ever especially since everyone else selling pizza is claiming their pizza is the best. I would like to know what herb was causing you to have the euphoric feeling though. Now that I would be interested and not all these claims of #bestpizzaever.
Well, and there would be people (and I mean this very respectfully) who will say no, I won't taste the pizza. I was given piping hot pizza once, and it burned my mouth and throat. I still have burn scars.

Well this pizza isn't hot - it's room temperature, see touch it.

No, I won't, I can't sorry.

I kind of feel like that's where you might be. Again, respectfully.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:28 PM

15,795 posts, read 7,918,728 times
Quote:
Well, and there would be people (and I mean this very respectfully) who will say no, I won't taste the pizza. I was given piping hot pizza once, and it burned my mouth and throat. I still have burn scars.

If you don't say what is in the "pizza", precisely, that you want people to taste, but that person has tasted pizza from that vendor before and found it not only nasty, but detrimental to their health, they're going to rightly assume it's not a good idea for them to take another bite.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:29 PM

6,042 posts, read 1,942,757 times
Quote:

I wonder if that herb is being used on other foods besides pizza? What if someone is already getting that from Chicken Alfredo and they prefer to eat it that way? They could try the pizza and say "oh yeah, that's the same thing I use in my Alfredo sauce".

Old 03-01-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I wonder if that herb is being used on other foods besides pizza? What if someone is already getting that from Chicken Alfredo and they prefer to eat it that way? They could try the pizza and say "oh yeah, that's the same thing I use in my Alfredo sauce".
Yeah, because something in that pizza just ain't sitting right.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:32 PM

8,774 posts, read 3,408,476 times
Quote:
Yes, they could do that. And could be right.

But they would be wrong in saying no, that Pizza doesn't exist and it's not making you feel great.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:33 PM

20,816 posts, read 9,732,008 times
Quote:
Well, I don't know about you. If I witnessed a leper suddenly being completely healed in front of my eyes, that would get my attention.
Uh huh. So would I. And when was the last time you saw a leper suddenly being completely healed in front of your eyes? Having once visited a leper colonee (as spelled there) in Malaysia once, and seeing lepers occasionally when I was living in Thailand, I just never saw one of those miracles. Maybe someone "up there" ought to get off his butt and do some of those miracles.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:35 PM

20,816 posts, read 9,732,008 times
Quote:

Sounds like you're into magic mushrooms.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, they could do that. And could be right.

But they would be wrong in saying no, that Pizza doesn't exist and it's not making you feel great.
But it seems you're still trying to get people to taste your pizza like it's the best and only way to feel good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or