U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-25-2019, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,049 posts, read 10,266,157 times
Reputation: 20095

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If they are a "problem" then the only people they are hurting is themself. What they think is so important to them is only being broadcast to the walls of their echo chamber. Or to the imaginary person sitting across them at the bar or tavern, which they are still sitting at in the dark hours after the place has closed down for the night, and the person is just their jacket thrown across the chair. But they keep drinking and think that they are getting funnier the more they drink. But those "laughs" they think they hear are really just their own words reverberating back and forth across the mirrored walls. Sitting alone in the dark.
Those living in echo chambers shouldn't throw stones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-25-2019, 12:40 PM
 
38,701 posts, read 10,657,526 times
Reputation: 5063
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Arach, this is one of the most truthful things I've heard you say. Some of those atheists are confused right now because they were never Christians in what they consider their "ex-Christian" days. But they still believe that they were because they recognize other people who are like they once were, but who are still in the church. But the churches are full of confused people. The only thing that is now in the way of their knowing the true light of the glory of Christ is their arrogance and pride.

Some of the pantheists who post here might have lost a small amount of pride, and so they believe they have discovered the truth. But they still look down on believers, which means that they are still struggling with pride and arrogance. This is the FAIR way that God judges people. So it really is the person who is choosing not to believe.

If anyone looks down on other people, you can never really forgive them or love them and consider all people as better than yourself. That is what Paul commanded us to do in Christ.
Garbage. Arach is telling stuff about me that is so twisted from what i actually did argue that it is as near lies as dammit. So how can we trust him on the supposed behaviour of a deconvert? He has lied about atheists and their behavior since he arrived on the boards. You don't care about whether what he is true or not. His bashing of atheists happens to suit you so you call it 'Truthful'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2019, 12:56 PM
 
38,701 posts, read 10,657,526 times
Reputation: 5063
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Deepak Chopra is a perfect example of the irreligious/pantheist type who is still lost. I used to think he was great in my irreligious theist days. But then I saw how lost he was after his obsession with Richard Dawkins. He had been in some kind of various debates with Richard Dawkins. Dawkins obviously said something that touched a nerve. So now he is on some kind of crusade to even the score. Or at least he was. The last I saw a few years ago he was making videos addressing things they had debated about. Richard Dawkins was living rent-free inside his head.
You understand nothing about Chophra, Dawkins, atheists or even Christianity. You have everything to learn and not the slightest inclination to do so. Instead, you use noted asshats like Arach to use as Your echo -chamber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If they are a "problem" then the only people they are hurting is themself. What they think is so important to them is only being broadcast to the walls of their echo chamber. Or to the imaginary person sitting across them at the bar or tavern, which they are still sitting at in the dark hours after the place has closed down for the night, and the person is just their jacket thrown across the chair. But they keep drinking and think that they are getting funnier the more they drink. But those "laughs" they think they hear are really just their own words reverberating back and forth across the mirrored walls. Sitting alone in the dark.
You just keep telling yourself that. Your posts at least make atheism look better, because we talk sense and honesty, you talk no sense and monumental bias. You talk Christian Faith, and that will get you a lot of credit with the believers. But it isn't unlimited.

I'm wondering whether to reference the Omega- Eusebius ploy. Probably not. But it's the Christian apologists thinking that he is winning points for his Faith in a post that makes faith - claims, slams atheists and denies everything. But in fact these just make himself and the religion He is supposed to be defending look bad.

You just keep telling on yourself that we are sitting in a bar performing to each other. We will carry on stoking up the Nones, and the Browsers will wonder just whom you think you are fooling.

In fact I have to ask why I'm even responding. It's simply that there's the nagging feeling that silence gives assent. One HAS to register dissent, and while doing it, one has to make a good job of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2019, 06:43 PM
 
10,406 posts, read 12,667,603 times
Reputation: 3794
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Garbage. Arach is telling stuff about me that is so twisted from what i actually did argue that it is as near lies as dammit. So how can we trust him on the supposed behaviour of a deconvert? He has lied about atheists and their behavior since he arrived on the boards. You don't care about whether what he is true or not. His bashing of atheists happens to suit you so you call it 'Truthful'.
I guarantee you that no one except yourself even cares what he says about you.

He said something in general about some of the atheists here. Whether it is true about anyone here or not, I don't know. But I do know that it is true about a lot of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2019, 06:46 PM
 
10,406 posts, read 12,667,603 times
Reputation: 3794
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You understand nothing about Chophra, Dawkins, atheists or even Christianity. You have everything to learn and not the slightest inclination to do so. Instead, you use noted asshats like Arach to use as Your echo -chamber.



You just keep telling yourself that. Your posts at least make atheism look better, because we talk sense and honesty, you talk no sense and monumental bias. You talk Christian Faith, and that will get you a lot of credit with the believers. But it isn't unlimited.

I'm wondering whether to reference the Omega- Eusebius ploy. Probably not. But it's the Christian apologists thinking that he is winning points for his Faith in a post that makes faith - claims, slams atheists and denies everything. But in fact these just make himself and the religion He is supposed to be defending look bad.

You just keep telling on yourself that we are sitting in a bar performing to each other. We will carry on stoking up the Nones, and the Browsers will wonder just whom you think you are fooling.

In fact I have to ask why I'm even responding. It's simply that there's the nagging feeling that silence gives assent. One HAS to register dissent, and while doing it, one has to make a good job of it.
Didn't you actually criticize common sense? Now you think that you talk sense? That is very subjective.

No, I am not trying to win points in my faith. In fact I hesitated to even post anything here since I am more concerned about losing points in that area by posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2019, 07:27 PM
 
13,043 posts, read 4,893,343 times
Reputation: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You understand nothing about Chophra, Dawkins, atheists or even Christianity. You have everything to learn and not the slightest inclination to do so. Instead, you use noted asshats like Arach to use as Your echo -chamber.



You just keep telling yourself that. Your posts at least make atheism look better, because we talk sense and honesty, you talk no sense and monumental bias. You talk Christian Faith, and that will get you a lot of credit with the believers. But it isn't unlimited.

I'm wondering whether to reference the Omega- Eusebius ploy. Probably not. But it's the Christian apologists thinking that he is winning points for his Faith in a post that makes faith - claims, slams atheists and denies everything. But in fact these just make himself and the religion He is supposed to be defending look bad.

You just keep telling on yourself that we are sitting in a bar performing to each other. We will carry on stoking up the Nones, and the Browsers will wonder just whom you think you are fooling.

In fact I have to ask why I'm even responding. It's simply that there's the nagging feeling that silence gives assent. One HAS to register dissent, and while doing it, one has to make a good job of it.
this ass hat debunks your sect of atheism pretty easily.

whats that make you?

I speak to the most valid claims we can make and build a belief off of those observations.

You build the whole of your world view off of "anti-religious/god" dogma first. including, trying to make how the universe works fit your sect statement of belief about god. just like fundy theist do.

You trying to spit absolute nonsense about how thinking we are surrounded by life needs to be obscured so theist can't use it to make atheism harder to sell is proof. the fact that you ran away from me because your friends told you how fast you lost makes my stance more valid than yours.

you're an adolescent level brain all po-ed that you didn't get what you want. and you will show them all right, and you don't care how many people you hurt or kill on your crusade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2019, 07:36 PM
 
13,043 posts, read 4,893,343 times
Reputation: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Garbage. Arach is telling stuff about me that is so twisted from what i actually did argue that it is as near lies as dammit. So how can we trust him on the supposed behaviour of a deconvert? He has lied about atheists and their behavior since he arrived on the boards. You don't care about whether what he is true or not. His bashing of atheists happens to suit you so you call it 'Truthful'.
obsolete crapola trans. and this post of yours is yet another demonstration that you have no limits on what you will do to save us with your brand of atheism.

another European crusade to push your statement of belief about religious/god on the savages of an, what you have deemed, unholy land.

I bash one particular sect of atheism. that being your sect of atheism. I am strictly talking about Fundy-think-type atheist. list the personality traits we associate with fundy theist. Those personality traits that are expressing atheism is who/what I am against.

those that think its ok that we "obscure" science, in your own words "... so that theist can't use it and make atheism harder to sell".

so get it right. because you bluntly telling me that I doing something I am not is a big fat omega type truth. transponder=omega. you two are particle/anti-particle pairs. unfortunately when you annihilate each other you don't care who you two hurt to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2019, 07:44 PM
 
13,043 posts, read 4,893,343 times
Reputation: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I guarantee you that no one except yourself even cares what he says about you.

He said something in general about some of the atheists here. Whether it is true about anyone here or not, I don't know. But I do know that it is true about a lot of people.
he only cares because he knows when I speak to how the universe works, I have no trouble placing anybody's claims side by side to the standard model to see what one seems more reasonable.

he knows, thats why he runs away from me, that when we stack his "deny everything so religion can't use it because he feels religion is so dangerous" his base claim is made to look stupid.

it has happened every time we went head to head. and when I call him out for reacting just like fundy theist do ... he shunned me.

we are surrounded by a system of life and we are connected to it at the very fundamental leveled of space time.

every god claim starts there. trans starts at "Religion did a bad thing to me and I hate religion so I get to decide what god claims are real or not."

Just like every other hard core anti- religious/god I have ever met.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2019, 07:52 PM
 
13,043 posts, read 4,893,343 times
Reputation: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If they are a "problem" then the only people they are hurting is themself. What they think is so important to them is only being broadcast to the walls of their echo chamber. Or to the imaginary person sitting across them at the bar or tavern, which they are still sitting at in the dark hours after the place has closed down for the night, and the person is just their jacket thrown across the chair. But they keep drinking and think that they are getting funnier the more they drink. But those "laughs" they think they hear are really just their own words reverberating back and forth across the mirrored walls. Sitting alone in the dark.
the problem is they are on a crusade. to save us, because they know whats good for us ... their statement of belief about god/religion.

also, they are trying to force a brand of atheism that is not actually atheism. I am an atheist that makes no chooses based on a statement of belief about god.

Trans' sect of atheism base every claim they make on their statement of belief about religion/god. The first they they ask is "how can religion use this and make atheism harder to sell?"

thats religion-ist type thinking.

atheist like me, we don't make choices about how things work based on religion or god. we don't believe in god or religion so we evaluate what people say based dsoley on what we know.

Not how how we feel about religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2019, 08:42 PM
 
38,701 posts, read 10,657,526 times
Reputation: 5063
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Didn't you actually criticize common sense? Now you think that you talk sense? That is very subjective.

No, I am not trying to win points in my faith. In fact I hesitated to even post anything here since I am more concerned about losing points in that area by posting.
Then I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. I'd Like to reach some kind of understanding, but that means listening. I can listen and the others can listen too. Gosh 4 diatribes from Arach. The bars on his cage must be getting bent well out of shape.

Common sense. It's a useful tool that helps us get through the day, but it isn't reasoned logic and falls far short of empirically verified scientific data. It is not something to be cited as Reliable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top