U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 04:15 AM

3,195 posts, read 1,612,910 times

Advertisements

Phetaroi, those are funny stories to look back on but must have been so annoying at the time.

I think the one thing a Christian has failed to do, and I am referring to the "Jesus loves you kind", is to come to an agreement with me about the definition of love. It is almost like placing this requirement on the Christian is equal to placing the requirement on Jesus himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 05:41 AM

39,884 posts, read 11,154,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Can I have that teacher's contact information so I can slap her upside the head? Both for the assumption that you were going for sex tourism, and for her blatant disregard of geography. Thanks.
I had the same when i first started visiting SeAsia in the 80's. fact is that - like most of the people who were visiting, the money covered travel, food and accommodation. maybe a beer if you walked or took a bus rather than a taxi. There was no cash for 'lexuries'. But - yes-everyone assumed you were going there for that.

Old 08-09-2019, 05:44 AM

23,268 posts, read 10,654,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I had the same when i first started visiting SeAsia in the 80's. fact is that - like most of the people who were visiting, the money covered travel, food and accommodation. maybe a beer if you walked or took a bus rather than a taxi. There was no cash for 'lexuries'. But - yes-everyone assumed you were going there for that.
Well, as Dino said, "Man does not live by bread alone!"

Old 08-09-2019, 06:33 AM

39,884 posts, read 11,154,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
"Every now and again you need a little peanut -butter on it".

Old 08-11-2019, 11:27 PM

1,007 posts, read 643,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualVisitor View Post
(Transponder, be patient and tolerant with me!!! Chuckle!)

Ok, I really don't wanna be a Postaholic...so, hopefully, this will be my last "Original" post. I simply don't have time for one thing. Secondly, I ain't that smart and I don't claim to be...

That being said, I do share this...
People ask me why I have the drive, the urge, the compelling need to share the good news of Jesus with other's that, quite often, simply don't believe it nor want to hear it...

I get that. So, I'll offer this, what I acknowledge to be, weak analogy.

Let's say all the people in these forums were good friends of mine. I care about this, and--yeah--I even love them--for real.

Now, somehow, someway, I found the most amazing pizza the world has ever known. I'm talking "Nectar of the God's" level and quality. There simply is nothing like it---in my experience anyway.

Now, I have 2 basic options. Keep this to myself and revel in it, or...spread the news to those that I care about. To tell them that this...is worth checking out.

I choose option 2. But, this is the bottomline...
I can only tell about this amazing food product. I can only tell what I've experienced myself. I can just share, from my heart, something I hope they too can experience.

After that? Well, after that, it's out of my hands. I can't convince anybody of anything. I can't shove "My Pizza" down their throats. I can't make anybody do anything. And, I even respect their choice to turn their backs, tell me to shut the heck up about my pizza, and refuse to even nibble. Or, they taste but say "It ain't for me..."

I tell, I share, I urge...then it's up to the Grand Chef of said pizza to convince other's.

That's why I share Christ with other's. Man, I was living in a pig pen of life. I was desperately gobbling up all the slop the world could throw my way---desperately trying to convince myself I was happy and fulfilled. (though I always felt a "empty spot" in my gut) I was wallowing in "junk"...

I was rescued from that. I was pulled from a slimy pit and redeemed. And, I owe everything to God above.

I know some will ridicule this. And, I get that...as I've said elsewhere---at a time in my life I'd probably been right in the middle of that...I understand the mindset of "You're an empty minded, clueless Christian".

Anyway, again, I'm rambling...this is way too long.
But, that is my story..pzs best I can relay in print.
Best pizza? Zachary's Pizza in Berkeley
North Beach Pizza in SF
Yum

Old Today, 05:11 PM

5,273 posts, read 2,575,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
True.
Okay, but, what does that mean, in your understanding, and why is it good news?
ETA: I think I should ask, why is it you believe "the world" needs a savior? What do they need to be saved from?
I find we need to be saved ( delivered / rescued ) through the coming ' great tribulation ' of Revelation 7:14,9.
Jesus is ' Savior ' because he is Commander in chief (Hail to the Chief!) of angelic armies - Rev. 19:14-16.
Jesus, as King of God's kingdom for a thousand years, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
-1st Corinthians 15:24-26

Last edited by Matthew 4:4; Today at 06:35 PM..

Old Today, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Since those who died before Jesus (John 3:13) can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection,
then when Moses is resurrected back to live life on Earth he will have never heard of Pizza.
Pizza will be a new word in the language to those resurrected ones.
Do you suppose a menu definition will be needed ______________

Old Today, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find we need to be saved ( delivered / rescued ) through the coming ' great tribulation ' of Revelation 7:14,9.
Jesus is ' Savior ' because he is Commander in chief (Hail to the Chief!) of angelic armies - Rev. 19:14-16.
Jesus, as King of God's kingdom for a thousand years, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
No, you need to be saved. Don't speak for everyone else.

Old Today, 06:33 PM

Quote:
No, you need to be saved. Don't speak for everyone else.
We all need to be saved ( delivered / rescued ) according to Jesus at Matthew 24:13.
John 3:13 is Not necessarily speaking for all or everyone who died before Jesus died - Matthew 11:11; Acts 2:34.
But those who died before Jesus died can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on Earth.
Unless, a person was already classed at being wicked who are destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7
The way to Heaven for some was Not opened up to mankind until 'after' Jesus died a faithful death.
So, a person can be ' saved ' resurrected to Heaven (Rev. 20:6) or ' saved ' to be part of the meek who will inherit the Earth.

Old Today, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
We all need to be saved ( delivered / rescued ) according to Jesus at Matthew 24:13.
John 3:13 is Not necessarily speaking for all or everyone who died before Jesus died - Matthew 11:11; Acts 2:34.
But those who died before Jesus died can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on Earth.
Unless, a person was already classed at being wicked who are destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7
The way to Heaven for some was Not opened up to mankind until 'after' Jesus died a faithful death.
So, a person can be ' saved ' resurrected to Heaven (Rev. 20:6) or ' saved ' to be part of the meek who will inherit the Earth.
This is a very good example of a christian forcing his religion on others. So you're not meek at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or