U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 07:57 PM

7,496 posts, read 4,533,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Homosexuality wasn't a word in the 5th century.
They had a word for it back in 500BCE. Greek Poets/Intellectuals would often Homosexuality from the Oppressors who did not like their male cannon fodder to show femininity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 09:07 AM

8,604 posts, read 2,140,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and I bet you still haven't given away your money and possessions have you?
No, but I do realize I will probably have to answer for this one day too...I guess all I can say is, "it would have been too inconvenient given the modern world we live in".

Old 03-06-2019, 09:46 AM

14,554 posts, read 9,986,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
No, but I do realize I will probably have to answer for this one day too...I guess all I can say is, "it would have been too inconvenient given the modern world we live in".
Well at least you are honest enough to say that you intend to keep your dosh because it's too inconvenient to give it away.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:25 AM

10,629 posts, read 10,902,368 times
It's interesting that none of these "prophets" ever mentioned global warming/climate change--not even Jesus. That's what going to kill us.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:40 PM

7,496 posts, read 4,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
It's interesting that none of these "prophets" ever mentioned global warming/climate change--not even Jesus. That's what going to kill us.
Doubtful. It will hurt some economies and agriculture. It will flood some areas of some cities unless they spend money to prevent it. It will make droughts worse and cause more cyclones.

"It will kill us" is as much of an overstatement as "tax cuts to the rich will trickle down to the poor."

Old Today, 10:25 AM

10,629 posts, read 10,902,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Doubtful. It will hurt some economies and agriculture. It will flood some areas of some cities unless they spend money to prevent it. It will make droughts worse and cause more cyclones.

"It will kill us" is as much of an overstatement as "tax cuts to the rich will trickle down to the poor."

Well, I don't mean it's going to literally kill every single human on earth. But all this prophetic gibberish about antichrist and the 7 year tribulation and the false prophet and a pre-trib rapture and wounded with a sword and coming back to life and setting up a talking image on a wing in the rebuilt temple and God pouring his 7 seals, trumpets, 7 vials and Jesus riding back to earth on a white nag with an army of rapture saints--all this had to be precipitated by something and it certainly won't be earthquakes because we've always had earthquakes and the nutcases who wrote all this nonsense could only dream up what they were familiar with. The idea of God wiping out 4-5 billion people with global climate change never even crossed their radar, proving once again that none of this garbage came from anywhere except the fertile imaginations of ancient goat-herding wanna-be science fiction writers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or