Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 02:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

(Sorry, that was 'Spirit') Come on, Infinite Being in a test tube? Ha! Here we are so limited...we don't even know
where the 5000 intricate crop circles came from !!! Below is our message sent in '74 with white background....the
Crop circle response in 2001 with brown background THEY sent back !!!
..they sent the same style back...note our image of man...note their image....wild stuff.
Google for article: In 1974 Scientists Sent This Message Into Space, In 2001 We Received A Response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 03:09 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Is that real????

Old 03-06-2019, 03:12 PM

The "Arecibo answer" is a crop circle , 2001, (well, crop rectangle) that is purported to be a response to the "Arecibo message",
a piece of coded information about Earth and humanity which was first beamed into space in 1974. It appeared in 2001 near the Chilbolton radio telescope in Hampshire, UK.

For further info you could look some of this stuff up.
But the main point: we can explain so little ...how are we going to explain or prove "God"?

A Mod if you could fix my typo in the heading I would be nice to you. (Spiritt) Maybe give you less trouble.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is that real????
Also notice the face in the field. And yes it is.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:20 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Also notice the face in the field. And yes it is.
Notice the faces. One has more head than body.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Notice the faces. One has more head than body.
You mean on the binary message back, in the Crop Circle...yes they calculate they are 3' 4'' or was that 4'3",I can't rem....ours was meant to be 5'9".

As fascinating as all this is...the POINT is most of us have no idea how to even read binary format...
But atheists almost demand God be seen and proven somehow, maybe
under the proverbial microscope?
Won't happen.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:51 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Default When will people realize ya can't put an Infinite Spirit under a microscope to prove It exists?

Quote:
Come on, Infinite Being in a test tube? Ha! Here we are so limited...
Probably when they start to realize that people can't stuff one into a book, ark, temple, or library.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Probably when they start to realize that people
can't stuff one into a book, ark, temple, or library.
Hahahahaha, lol

And Indiana Jones really turned a whole generation into that one Ark thingie!!

Old 03-11-2019, 06:59 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
You mean on the binary message back, in the Crop Circle...yes they calculate they are 3' 4'' or was that 4'3",I can't rem....ours was meant to be 5'9".

As fascinating as all this is...the POINT is most of us have no idea how to even read binary format...
But atheists almost demand God be seen and proven somehow, maybe
under the proverbial microscope?
Won't happen.
I believe this is in reference the common 'gray' alien, the small, 3-4ft tall, large head, almond shaped eyes type...but this is only one type of alien being, they come in all shapes and sizes.

Ive said this in some other similar threads, we have to be careful about 'defining' these beings, I highly doubt they come from some far off distant planet or place, I think their origin is a little closer to home than many people assume.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:05 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Default Crop Circles

I was in the UFO thing when Crop Circles first appeared. I saw them evolve and I saw the 'scientific' attempts to explain them as natural Phenomenon (not terribly convincing) while - on the Believer side - we had the Theisthink dismissal of any other explanation than Aliens in Flying saucers.

Well, the 'circles' became more elaborate and weren't even Circles any more. We ended up with pictures and even advertisements. And somehow nobody ever 'saw it being done' even when it was done by people who were doing it. I may say that the first A4 picture -copy 'Crop Circle', Plus a 'circle' pattern where the circles were regular but a curved line (hard to do with string from a centre point) was wobbly when you looked from a low angle, made it pretty clear we had a man -made phenomenon on our hands and that 'nobody saw them' is irrelevant.

Crop circles were a hoax by Doug 'n Dave and it was picked up in many other places and has become an enthusiast's art form. It is nothing mystical let alone UFOlogical. And it is a neat example of how Believers can not only deny Any Other Explanation other than the one they want to believer, but can end up in utter denial of what is right in front of their faces - that they are man -made and always were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality