U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM

4,816 posts, read 3,872,355 times

Advertisements

So today is the first Sunday of Lent and here at the Cat's house(not the Cathouse) the no sugar no carb challenge is moving along better than expected. I have had no cravings, no hunger,with the exception of bread. I have found a recipe for sugar free low carb unleavened bread. I plan to make that.
I believe that a period of unleavened bread may be a key part of the Lentin fast. As expected, so far, I have had no sugar cravings. Just the opposite, oddly enough. I have had a desire to avoid it.

The most important aspect though is water. Besides used for purification, for washing away that which is unclean, both literally and symbolically, water is the basis for our very health The scripture tells us
in the Morning, upon awakening, drink not beverages of tea or coffee until thou hast drunken water. Drink water as if thou very life dependeth on it, for it does. For out of water did life come (vita Bona, chapter 2 verse 13-14)

Water purges the impurities from our bodies. It also keeps us well hydrated during periods of fasting. If we fail to drink enough water, our bodies will think that we are going into starvation/dehydration mode and store more fat This is counter productive to the plan I had of losing weight and dropping some unhealthy eating habits when I started this, which happened to coincide with Ash Wednesday and will run until Easter, when I will then enjoy a small piece of white cake and some sourdough bread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

12,050 posts, read 4,582,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
So today is the first Sunday of Lent and here at the Cat's house(not the Cathouse) the no sugar no carb challenge is moving along better than expected. I have had no cravings, no hunger,with the exception of bread. I have found a recipe for sugar free low carb unleavened bread. I plan to make that.
I believe that a period of unleavened bread may be a key part of the Lentin fast. As expected, so far, I have had no sugar cravings. Just the opposite, oddly enough. I have had a desire to avoid it.

The most important aspect though is water. Besides used for purification, for washing away that which is unclean, both literally and symbolically, water is the basis for our very health The scripture tells us
in the Morning, upon awakening, drink not beverages of tea or coffee until thou hast drunken water. Drink water as if thou very life dependeth on it, for it does. For out of water did life come (vita Bona, chapter 2 verse 13-14)

Water purges the impurities from our bodies. It also keeps us well hydrated during periods of fasting. If we fail to drink enough water, our bodies will think that we are going into starvation/dehydration mode and store more fat This is counter productive to the plan I had of losing weight and dropping some unhealthy eating habits when I started this, which happened to coincide with Ash Wednesday and will run until Easter, when I will then enjoy a small piece of white cake and some sourdough bread.
well, its good to fast sometimes I think. clean out some of the mess and use up those artifacts from earlier reactions.

maybe a study will come out with the benefits of short term fasting for healthy adults.

Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,329,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I have found a recipe for sugar free low carb unleavened bread. I plan to make that..
You can probably find matzah at some stores already.

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM

4,816 posts, read 3,872,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
You can probably find matzah at some stores already.
They had some but not low carb. I tried making a Low Carb loaf bread with Baking Powder today and it was AWFUL! I mean I am a decent chef and this was Horrible ! SO I thought that unleavened bread might help satisfy the cravings, and keep with the No Carb Challenge.
Then again, after eating that excuse of a bread today, I may never want anymore ! It tasted like a bad egg bagel that someone forgot to add the flavor ...imagine eating scrambled egg that looks like bread. That is the only way I can describe it. Sorry

I did look for a Matzah but found nothing low carb, except for some tortillas which are Low Carb and are OK.

With Almond Butter and fresh strawberries, they stop the cravings for a PB&J sandwich without the sugar and carbs.

Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM

6,033 posts, read 1,935,066 times
I find it easier to just let certain things go instead of trying to find a sub. When I do that I'm still focusing on the thing I'm trying to avoid. If you need something for dipping here is a good recipe that is fun to experiment with.

https://divaliciousrecipes.com/flaxseed-crackers/

Old Today, 03:49 PM

10,253 posts, read 14,806,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
well, its good to fast sometimes I think. clean out some of the mess and use up those artifacts from earlier reactions.

maybe a study will come out with the benefits of short term fasting for healthy adults.

Nope. Not good at all. You are simply shocking it ever so often.

What is good is to eat whatever you wish, in moderation, when you are hungry. Not eat when you are not. While staying very physically active in-between.
That's it. No need to fast or, otherwise, overtax body with attempts it is not designed for.

It is designed for normal daily function. Eat what you need, burn what you ate.
That's the simplest recipe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality