U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM

36,858 posts, read 9,932,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
What a great phrase "Offbeat Mantra"
that is hilarious. would make a great name for a garage band.
Thanks Phet!
I actually had a look! Annoyingly often when I look something up I find it's what some rock bands has used as a name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM

6,170 posts, read 5,854,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Whereas if the employee that I had faith in ended up blowing off the errand and going to the beach instead of returning from Houston, I'd be hurt and angry.

Because I had faith in him, and he betrayed that faith.
Maybe your employee is just "testing" your faith..........?

or maybe your employee just works in "mysterious ways" and by him going to the beach it will provide a better outcome in the long run?

Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,094,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
If Jesus was the smartest man, which he would have to be if he also was a god, then the natural question follows, why didn't he write any parts of the bible? Why did he talk in riddles, rather than clarity for future generations to understand? Why didn't he write in Hebrew, or Aramaic?

If he did, then the argument could be made that at least the NT was the "word of god". But no one is making that claim. Instead, we have this game of telephone, and things were written forty to 100 years after the supposed incidents.

Jesus as god really didn't think this one out, did he?
oh I think he did just fine as fur.....well he was smart enough to create angels to do the grunt work more like robots... so he needs NO robots.
and has asked men to be his partners thus leaving them room for their own contributions........ instead of being a micromanager , control freak like people you might call smart enough to be a "God" or "god like" isn't his idea about humanity .. obviously.. I mean he saved Paul as his translator....

isn't that kind of a robot maker your concept of a God and the son of God ? say like a professor or president of a college and thus a judging and grading ... micromanager?
yep I bet you think they are smarter than Jesus .. why because they told you they were?
Actually I believe Jesus was Tesla bring men electricity , because they couldn't do that themselves.. and He proved to be the smartest man on earth for any age.. neither was Tesla a micromanager of anyone else ... He even let greedy men steal his work and did not fret that either.

as he stated..

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”

― Nikola Tesla

and only God himself would be worried about this..

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”

― Nikola Tesla
https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tesla/quotes

so you saying that Jesus as Tesla was stupid? NO .. his predictions are still coming true..and yes he could write too..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; Yesterday at 08:15 PM..

Old Today, 07:23 AM

4,326 posts, read 1,094,599 times
and to think he was a man Of a real kind of science...
not the religion of it..
"scientism" !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality