U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 07:29 AM
 
3,459 posts, read 678,931 times
Reputation: 1997

Advertisements

If Jesus was the smartest man, which he would have to be if he also was a god, then the natural question follows, why didn't he write any parts of the bible? Why did he talk in riddles, rather than clarity for future generations to understand? Why didn't he write in Hebrew, or Aramaic?

If he did, then the argument could be made that at least the NT was the "word of god". But no one is making that claim. Instead, we have this game of telephone, and things were written forty to 100 years after the supposed incidents.

Jesus as god really didn't think this one out, did he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 07:50 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
14,208 posts, read 11,474,972 times
Reputation: 15744
You are right...why did he leave his message with such idiots*? Misquoting, forgetting the entire story, leaving things out, waiting so long? Copying from Mark...!

*Come on, over 3 years with Jesus, privy to esoteric conversations ,(my God, witnessing the Transfiguration!)...and still at the last supper he says, There are so many things I want to tell you,
but you can not bear (grasp) them. ( But 3 of them could grasp seeing him turn into pure light talking to the gang on the Other Side.)
And, How long must I suffer you guys...paraphrases off the top....immediately after turning into pure light.

So, I see your point.
Now this is not loving Jesus any less... just: Whassup with all that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:59 AM
 
3,993 posts, read 1,467,796 times
Reputation: 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
If Jesus was the smartest man, which he would have to be if he also was a god, then the natural question follows, why didn't he write any parts of the bible? Why did he talk in riddles, rather than clarity for future generations to understand? Why didn't he write in Hebrew, or Aramaic?

If he did, then the argument could be made that at least the NT was the "word of god". But no one is making that claim. Instead, we have this game of telephone, and things were written forty to 100 years after the supposed incidents.

Jesus as god really didn't think this one out, did he?
Did Moses write the Torah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
14,208 posts, read 11,474,972 times
Reputation: 15744
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Did Moses write the Torah?
Good question, but what does it have to do with this topic? Thanks, what am I missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:15 AM
 
3,459 posts, read 678,931 times
Reputation: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Did Moses write the Torah?
Has nothing to do with the topic. Try and focus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:53 AM
 
9,589 posts, read 16,443,925 times
Reputation: 17883
https://www.npr.org/2014/04/07/30024...-he-become-one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:58 AM
 
3,993 posts, read 1,467,796 times
Reputation: 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Good question, but what does it have to do with this topic? Thanks, what am I missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Has nothing to do with the topic. Try and focus.
Based on the logic presented in the OP, the Old Testament or Torah is also miscegenated if Moses did not write it himself. It took the same route of a “Chinese Gossip” as the Bible did.

Looks like Moses wasn’t the smartest man either even though he spoke directly to God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:00 AM
Status: "M.A.G.A." (set 5 hours ago)
 
Location: Spaceship Earth
15,837 posts, read 8,588,266 times
Reputation: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
If Jesus was the smartest man, which he would have to be if he also was a god, then the natural question follows, why didn't he write any parts of the bible? Why did he talk in riddles, rather than clarity for future generations to understand? Why didn't he write in Hebrew, or Aramaic?

If he did, then the argument could be made that at least the NT was the "word of god". But no one is making that claim. Instead, we have this game of telephone, and things were written forty to 100 years after the supposed incidents.

Jesus as god really didn't think this one out, did he?
Aren’t His words part of the Bible? And yes, Christianity regards the NT as the Word of God. Not understanding your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:04 AM
 
36,789 posts, read 9,905,972 times
Reputation: 4939
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Sorry. All I got was a 'sign here and let us inundate you with cookies and adverts' screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Did Moses write the Torah?
No. According the Bible scholarship. The doubts about whether either OT or New are reliable are therefore similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Based on the logic presented in the OP, the Old Testament or Torah is also miscegenated if Moses did not write it himself. It took the same route of a “Chinese Gossip” as the Bible did.

Looks like Moses wasn’t the smartest man either even though he spoke directly to God?
If Moses didn't write what is attributed to him, the claim that he spoke to God is equally dubious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Aren’t His words part of the Bible? And yes, Christianity regards the NT as the Word of God. Not understanding your point.
So is the Freer Logion, and yet we can tell that was cobbled together and added to Mark - in two separate versions - later on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:11 AM
 
Location: USA
170 posts, read 61,123 times
Reputation: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
If Jesus was the smartest man, which he would have to be if he also was a god, then the natural question follows, why didn't he write any parts of the bible? Why did he talk in riddles, rather than clarity for future generations to understand? Why didn't he write in Hebrew, or Aramaic?
If he did, then the argument could be made that at least the NT was the "word of god". But no one is making that claim. Instead, we have this game of telephone, and things were written forty to 100 years after the supposed incidents.
Jesus as god really didn't think this one out, did he?

He didn't need to write 'a book';
HE is the author of LIFE - of everything that exists, big & small.
Look around you - He's given us everything we need.

HE wrote the plan to salvation; with his life, and with his body/blood,death, and resurrection.

His Gospel was already being preached in his church hundreds of years before 'the book' was written/canonized.
Seems His message is STILL getting through loud an clear 2000+ years later! Look around you!

Most just won't listen! The path is indeed narrow ....

Last edited by CCCyou; Today at 09:23 AM.. Reason: upd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top