U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM

20,949 posts, read 9,794,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Bold claims but all I hear are crickets. Let me remind you that only 7% of the world's population are atheist. And most of that is in religious oppressive countries like China.
And you see, right there is a good example of a christian misrepresentation, because you imply that 93% of the world's population is christian. You include "soft" christians -- you know, the not "real christians", you include Hindus, you include Muslims (who I doubt you respect), you include Chinese, many of whom (perhaps most...since I've spent quite a bit of time in Asia) do not believe in gods in the sense that you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM

10,703 posts, read 10,949,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
https://www.christianitytoday.com/ne...an-stores.html

What's the proper response? Guess thoughts and prayers didn't work. Wonder why?

And you thought they would??? Just kidding, norm. I know you're one of the good guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Amazon is blamed, but they forget people are leaving religion in droves. They will keep an online presence, but who thinks that is going to last long?

For those that don't know, Lifeway is run and owned by the Southern Baptist Conference.
Yahweh is powerful but he is no match for the Amazon juggernaut. Pretty soon we'll all be worshiping at Amazon's altar. This needs a mention over on the "Nothing Fails Like Prayer" thread.

Quote:
"How is Jesus going to save you? He couldn't even save his own chain of bookstores."

Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM

10,703 posts, read 10,949,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, we had Borders, a chain. I loved that place. Took my laptop to the coffee shop it had inside and wrote sometimes. Bought books and magazines and music there. They bit the dust 7 or 8 years ago.

There's always Barnes & Noble, MQ. I go over there occasionally and sip a cuppa while I read through my favorite guilty pleasure--Archie Comics Digests. I was always partial to Betty. So sweet, and much better for Archie than that hussy, Veronica! But Arch has fallen on hard times, and I don't think prayer is going to work even for him!

'Life With Archie: The Married Life' Comic Imagines a Dark Future For Riverdale | TIME.com

Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM

8,180 posts, read 3,662,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Testifying in and of itself means nothing. People lie in testimony every day. And then there are the christians that testify while they are handling poisonous snakes. And the Westboro testifiers.
Well then, we might as well never have trials since testimony is completely worthless! Please do tell me exactly what would be required, and be specific to prove to you that God exists. Undeniable parameters established where you can not cast a shadow of a doubt on the evidence. Video of an angel? Nope, that can be faked, right?

Just because there is no physical repeatable way to prove ANYTHING in this world really exists beyond a shadow of a doubt doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Small evidences combined all tip the scales heavily in favor of Christianity.

Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Well then, we might as well never have trials since testimony is completely worthless! Please do tell me exactly what would be required, and be specific to prove to you that God exists. Undeniable parameters established where you can not cast a shadow of a doubt on the evidence. Video of an angel? Nope, that can be faked, right?

Just because there is no physical repeatable way to prove ANYTHING in this world really exists beyond a shadow of a doubt doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Small evidences combined all tip the scales heavily in favor of Christianity.
No. Try to reign in your absurd comments. We have trials where juries (or in some cases judges) listen to testimony and make a decision as to its worth.

Small evidences have also proven a great deal of the bible to be inaccurate.

Proof for me. Well, let's see. He's supposed to be an "all powerful" god. So why not just appear to EVERYONE on earth tomorrow at 2 p.m., EST. Instead of showing Moses -- one man -- a burning bush...why not show everyone himself. Is he too busy? Low on battery strength? Just playing games? His get up and go got up and went?

Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM

8,180 posts, read 3,662,060 times
Quote:
No. Try to reign in your absurd comments. We have trials where juries (or in some cases judges) listen to testimony and make a decision as to its worth.

Proof for me. Well, let's see. He's supposed to be an "all powerful" god. So why not just appear to EVERYONE on earth tomorrow at 2 p.m., EST. Instead of showing Moses -- one man -- a burning bush...why not show everyone himself. Is he too busy? Low on battery strength? Just playing games? His get up and go got up and went?

You would just say it was a mass hallucination or something. Jesus performed supernatural feats in his day. That didn't stop the people from crucifying him. You can't get someone who doesn't want to believe to accept evidence.

Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM

Quote:
You would just say it was a mass hallucination or something. Jesus performed supernatural feats in his day. That didn't stop the people from crucifying him. You can't get someone who doesn't want to believe to accept evidence.
Then I guess you're up sheet creek.

You asked me what would satisfy me, and you didn't like it, so you made excuses for your all powerful god.

Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM

1,366 posts, read 1,440,005 times
Quote:
Merely your opinion. Thousands of people worldwide can testify that you are flat out wrong. OTOH, you have zero evidence to show that our beliefs are nonsense.
Delusions are strong with this one. Oh by the way, do you have that peer reviewed scientific paper written by you that shows all the problems with evolutionary theory? I asked for that several months ago. Maybe you have been working on that all along.

Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM

Quote:

The main problem with Jeff is that he doesn't have a clue about what good evidence is. He keeps spouting that atheists have been presented with evidence for god, yet they refuse to accept it. The problem with Jeff is that his standard for "evidence" is so laughable, unsubstantiated and non scientific, that it just can't be taken seriously. I think of the word gullible every time he references some so called evidence story. The christian brainwashing is strong with him.

Last edited by Texan2008; Yesterday at 04:32 PM..

Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Then I guess you're up sheet creek.

You asked me what would satisfy me, and you didn't like it, so you made excuses for your all powerful god.
He is good at making excuses for his imaginary friend. It's one of the things fundie Christians are good at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality