Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 07:51 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I personally love seeing Christian oriented companies go out of business. Less superstitious nonsense sources to go around.
Merely your opinion. Thousands of people worldwide can testify that you are flat out wrong. OTOH, you have zero evidence to show that our beliefs are nonsense.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:11 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Merely your opinion. Thousands of people worldwide can testify that you are flat out wrong. OTOH, you have zero evidence to show that our beliefs are nonsense.
Um...cough-cough...the bible. Hundreds of pages of evidence your beliefs are nonsense.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:21 AM

16,771 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Thousands of people worldwide can testify that you are flat out wrong.
Thousands of people worldwide can testify that YOU are flat out wrong.

Quote:
OTOH, you have zero evidence to show that our beliefs are nonsense.
We have plenty of evidence your beliefs are nonsense.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:56 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Thousands of people worldwide can testify that YOU are flat out wrong.

We have plenty of evidence your beliefs are nonsense.
Bold claims but all I hear are crickets. Let me remind you that only 7% of the world's population are atheist. And most of that is in religious oppressive countries like China.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:00 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Bold claims but all I hear are crickets. Let me remind you that only 7% of the world's population are atheist. And most of that is in religious oppressive countries like China.
That doesn't add up. China has 20% of the world's population, and only a tiny percentage of them are theists.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:24 AM

16,771 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Bold claims but all I hear are crickets.
History, science, mathematics. I have posted the evidence before. But then you do not accept probability as evidence, only fallacies and the Bible, so the crickets are your problem, not mine.

Quote:
Let me remind you that only 7% of the world's population are atheist. And most of that is in religious oppressive countries like China.
Please do not remind me Christians have bad arguments. First, China has freedom of religion, and second, possibly up to 70% of the Chinese are religious. And many of the non-religious are not atheists, as they still follow folk religions and ancestor worship.

Interestingly you will find there are more atheists in countries with a higher education standard (the US being a strange exception). Perhaps playing the numbers game is not a good Christian tactic.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:25 AM

1,402 posts, read 477,192 times
Quote:
Within the U.S., The results of the General Social Survey (GSS) just released last week indicate that the "Nones" (no religious affiliation) are now tied with evangelicals and Catholics, each with 23% of the population. This confirms earlier data showing a steady trend away from religion, which is even more prevalent in the Millenials (35-40% nones). Not all nones may be "atheist," but all signs suggest we are moving toward a more secular country.

https://religionnews.com/2019/03/21/...ics-in-the-us/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ion-is-rising/

Old 03-26-2019, 10:09 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
Within the U.S., The results of the General Social Survey (GSS) just released last week indicate that the "Nones" (no religious affiliation) are now tied with evangelicals and Catholics, each with 23% of the population. This confirms earlier data showing a steady trend away from religion, which is even more prevalent in the Millenials (35-40% nones). Not all nones may be "atheist," but all signs suggest we are moving toward a more secular country.

https://religionnews.com/2019/03/21/...ics-in-the-us/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ion-is-rising/
Many of the most religious want to deny this, even though it is the reality. The more education a population has, the more it moves away from religion.

Which explains why so many of the religious are so vehemently opposed to teaching real science, math or opening up a student's mind to other cultures. It explains why a Bob Jones or a Oral Roberts "university" actually exists. "Degrees" from those institution are virtually worthless outside of the bible belt. They are not even ranked in the world's universities top 1000.

On the other hand, the Catholic Notra Dame or the Mormon BYU are both in the included, with Notra Dame ranking high.

https://www.topuniversities.com/univ...-rankings/2019

Why are so many fundamentalists against higher education?

Old 03-26-2019, 10:11 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
7% is what it takes to get your panties in a bunch jeffbase?

or are the meek showing the bullies who will inherit the earth?

Old 03-26-2019, 10:27 AM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Testifying in and of itself means nothing. People lie in testimony every day. And then there are the christians that testify while they are handling poisonous snakes. And the Westboro testifiers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality