U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:32 PM

22 posts, read 8,027 times

Advertisements

So this post is about the persecution of Falun Gong, and includes a link with an online petition. The persecution of Falun gong has lasted for almost 20 years. That is so long. Falun Gong is a Chinese spiritual practice in the Buddha School, and it believes in Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance. It is one of the main principles. It also has five meditative exercises. But is persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). A lot of people who practice it in China are tortured and sent to labour camps for their belief. It was very popular in the 90s because of the health benefits. There were 100 million practitioners because of its size it scared the CCP and they saw it a threat to power. The Falun gong have been a victim of a communist dictatorship. The CCP has killed 70 million Chinese people in history, in the Great Leap and Cultural revolution. Cultural Revolution is when the people that were pro capitalist and traditional were persecuted, imprisoned and tortured because Mao feared it was taking root in the government. They saw them as revisionist. They wanted to preserve true communism. The Chinese communist party has always persecuted people with other beliefs, includes state control, censorship, mass surveillance. The CCP believes in materialism, atheism, and violent struggle, which was the core of Marxism-Leninism. To maintain its rule, it destroyed traditional culture including human relations, morality, spirits, and Buddha existence through media and education since 1949.

Falun gong was founded by Li Hongzhi in 1992. At the beginning Falun gong was part of a group called the China Qigong Science Research Society (CQRS) which is state-run. The government wanted the founder of Falun gong to charge people who practice to make more money. The founder refused, said it should be free for people. So Falun gong left the Qigong association for that reason. From there it went down hill. The government ban publication of Falun gong books in 1996, and started a smear campaign, and dispersed practice groups. Leading to small scale protests by Falun gong practitioners which got some arrested. They protested again for the release of practitioners. It angered the Communist Party and pushed forth the crackdown and persecution on July 1999.

I might also post some articles or stuff about Falun gong for more to see.
The petitions of the UN. www.faluninfo.net/act-now/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_cURws4UaY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 06:20 PM

7,749 posts, read 4,613,194 times
The Chinese People's Republic Constitution guarantees freedom of traditional religion, freedom of atheism, and freedom of personal faith. "founded in 1992" does not sound like it currently meets that criteria.

It bans neo-fundamentalist and new sect practices that they assume disrupt the stability of Chinese society.

As such, no new religions or unaccepted foreign religions are allowed the tax-benefits or legal alotment that accepted religions get.

Anyone that protests illegally is arrested when they deem that the peace cannot be maintained otherwise (same as the US), and I doubt that the citizens are allowed to protest specifically for illegal maneuvers (tax-breaks and legal-acceptance of new religions and non-traditional sects).

In the US, not only traditional religions are protected, but ANY religion at the point that it is accepted by the State (judicial branch) as a "true religion."

Old 03-23-2019, 06:10 AM

27,376 posts, read 14,702,859 times
FALUN GONG | Facts and Details

Old 03-23-2019, 08:35 AM

12,299 posts, read 4,693,287 times
lets face it.

liberty and justice for all do not support china's way of thinking. But then again, I am forced by my nature to cross check myself, Nor does it support unbridled capitalism.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lets face it.

liberty and justice for all do not support china's way of thinking. But then again, I am forced by my nature to cross check myself, Nor does it support unbridled capitalism.
"UNDER GOD... with liberty and justice for all" It was added in the 1950s by Roman Catholic lobbyists.

Are deists, atheists, and polytheists happy to be labeled as "under God"? Your liberty has already begun to be removed, at least in psychologically-affecting motto and metaphor.

And did you asked China what its way of thinking was? I'm sure their 1-party politicians have as much leeway to purport false niceties and pretensions as the U.S. 2-party politicians.

Both U.S. and China have "freedom of [State-accepted] political parties."
Don't fool yourself.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:17 AM

12,299 posts, read 4,693,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
"UNDER GOD... with liberty and justice for all" It was added in the 1950s by Roman Catholic lobbyists.

Are deists, atheists, and polytheists happy to be labeled as "under God"? Your liberty has already begun to be removed, at least in psychologically-affecting motto and metaphor.

And did you asked China what its way of thinking was? I'm sure their 1-party politicians have as much leeway to purport false niceties and pretensions as the U.S. 2-party politicians.

Both U.S. and China have "freedom of [State-accepted] political parties."
Don't fool yourself.
yeah, I get that. in fact, I said as much.

but the claim is "liberty and justice for all" ... first and fore most.

is that wrong?

Old 03-23-2019, 11:41 AM

54,324 posts, read 53,210,811 times
I've seen the Falun Gong protests in NYC. Don't really understand it exactly. They are usually in a group doing some odd yoga-type things with slow arm movements as part of the religion.

Old 03-23-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, I get that. in fact, I said as much.

but the claim is "liberty and justice for all" ... first and fore most.

is that wrong?
Yes, yes, I'm sure I just missed the convenient fact that you were agreeing with me all along.

China doesn't feel that it had/has the "liberty" and "justice" that money can afford for the United States of America's rich.

If you remember from world history class, China was a once-proud land under European, Usonian, and Japanese Colonization.

Like in some "third world" countries were the presence of foreign rich people causes a lot of instability, lies about "order" were one of their primary concerns over simple-minded lies about liberty and justice while being the country with the greatest percentage of incarcerated (no liberty) and slavery-history/jim-crow/minority oppression (no justice) in the world (that's the United States of America).

Old 03-23-2019, 04:34 PM

6,102 posts, read 1,995,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well that was fast. The second link down was "is it a cult'? That's a sure sign it is.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:45 PM

22 posts, read 8,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Well that was fast. The second link down was "is it a cult'? That's a sure sign it is.

I read the paragraph on there and it did not say it was a cult. The term cult people use sometimes have broad representation including religions. It can carry a negative connotation too. According to the majority of scholars, Falun gong doesn't satisfy common definitions of a cult: its members marry outside the group, they have outside friends, they hold normal jobs, they do not live isolated from society. And you can read all their text online, there is no secrecy. You can even look into their 'bible' Zhuan Falun (ZHUAN FALUN-INDEX), there isn't anything extreme. Members are also allowed to come and go as they like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality