U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 07:40 PM

21,008 posts, read 9,824,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Takes a special kind of hatred to post this crap every single day.
But you're like the Energizer Bunny...you keep on going!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 07:45 PM

10,732 posts, read 10,964,904 times
Quote:

Typical throwaway from BaptistFundie. Doesn't address a single issue, just hurling meaningless insults. Baptist has no use for modern science that proves prayer doesn't work. But he has all the use in the world for a 3000-year-old pile of scribbles on sheepskins written by ignorant, backwater goat herders. And sociologists say we've come a long way since the Dark Ages???????

I don't think soooo.......

Old 03-25-2019, 07:46 PM

24,963 posts, read 12,919,111 times
Quote:
Oh, hi BF.

I'm really sorry that you're still so ticked about the whole SSM thing. All that bile constantly churning...can't be good for you.

Nope. Not at all.

I suggest you pray to your god-thing for the wisdom to accept when society knows better than you.

And let the healing begin.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:47 PM

272 posts, read 48,940 times
Quote:
Oh c'mon... don't be so hard on people who had 1 prayer out of 10,000 answered, yet convinced themselves that prayer really works. I wouldn't call that crap... it may not make any sense to a rational, analytical type like you, but it's a very human reaction.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:57 PM

8,205 posts, read 3,671,241 times
Quote:
It's like their own form of worship. They feel the need to run down Christians and ONLY Christians daily to feel better about their belief in non-belief. Nothing fails like atheism.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:03 PM

272 posts, read 48,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Oh, hi BF.

I'm really sorry that you're still so ticked about the whole SSM thing.

"Serial SadoMasochism?"
"Sartorial Sand Moccasins?"
"Spectacular Spiderman?"
"Society of Saint Margaret?"
"Sleep State Misperception?"

Old 03-25-2019, 08:05 PM

54,064 posts, read 52,961,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post

"Serial SadoMasochism?"
"Sartorial Sand Moccasins?"
"Spectacular Spiderman?"
"Society of Saint Margaret?"
"Sleep State Misperception?"
Ssssshhhh...don't wake the thread.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It's like their own form of worship. They feel the need to run down Christians and ONLY Christians daily to feel better about their belief in non-belief. Nothing fails like atheism.
You know, the thread was started by a guy who was a Christian most of his life and ended up deeply disappointed, disillusioned, and unable to believe that there was a God who heard his prayers.

Your choice to take on the mantle of some kind of personal offense at that rather than to feel sadness, kindness, or sorrow for someone who experienced that loss of faith doesn't say a heck of a lot for your Christianity.

There are many who have cried out in prayer in desperation only to be met with a booming silence. You know why? Because the people who are supposed to be doing Christ's work spend more energy marching around proclaiming themselves to be the big persecuted Christians and continue to show the same lack of compassion for other people that you do.

Gongs, cymbals, you know the verse.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:27 PM
Status: "Trump 2020-Make liberals cry again." (set 14 hours ago)

15,947 posts, read 8,637,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You know, the thread was started by a guy who was a Christian most of his life and ended up deeply disappointed, disillusioned, and unable to believe that there was a God who heard his prayers.

Your choice to take on the mantle of some kind of personal offense at that rather than to feel sadness, kindness, or sorrow for someone who experienced that loss of faith doesn't say a heck of a lot for your Christianity.

There are many who have cried out in prayer in desperation only to be met with a booming silence. You know why? Because the people who are supposed to be doing Christ's work spend more energy marching around proclaiming themselves to be the big persecuted Christians and continue to show the same lack of compassion for other people that you do.

Gongs, cymbals, you know the verse.
There is way more to Thrill’s presence here that that. He daily trys to tear Christianity down.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
There is way more to Thrillís presence here that that. He daily trys to tear Christianity down.
Yes, but isn't that to be expected by someone with that experience?

I get where he's coming from, even though at some point I went back and sought a different approach to Christianity in an effort to try to find out why the hell this God who supposedly loved me didn't even seem to like me. I tried to be an atheist and I couldn't. I have envied those who were always atheist. It's a painful thing to believe in something, pray to something, and receive nothing but pain and darkness and silence for your efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or