U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-16-2019, 12:23 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,956 posts, read 4,686,472 times
Reputation: 1326

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'd heard that as well, and certainly the catholic scandal turned Ireland from a Hag -ridden Catholic dependency to a secularist and enlightened nation - state almost overnight.

And yet the figures only show a small drop -off in recent years. Maybe (as Wellington said) "I don't mind if they run away - so long as they come back". Or Immigration is bolstering their numbers. Who knows? I only know what the stats tell us, which is that Catholicism is not collapsing.
Their over-breeding culture/programs are extremely important to them, Same as with the Muslims, especially now that they somewhat understand evolution/genetics.

Telling people to "not have sex" often only makes them dumber about sex and more likely to get (or get someone) pregnant and then give up and become pregnant often or impregnate often. Education and knowledge is far more important unless the idea is only numbers of adherents rather than their quality of life.

 
Old 04-16-2019, 12:29 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,956 posts, read 4,686,472 times
Reputation: 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Chill out, boss. I talk about everyone.

Again, I don't see how saying true things is an attack? Can someone explain that one to me? I mean, if you say that I am blunt and rude, which I certainly am sometimes (I am only human, you know) is that an attack?

Either way, blocked or unblocked, I will respond to whatever I damn well please. Don't like it? Unblock me and respond. You are the one that made yourself "unavailable to defend yourself".
They see it as an attack because they don't like it.
If in your mind you were supposed to hate bluntness and rudeness, then you would ignore when you act blunt and rude and would feel insulted that others are calling you on it when you "try so hard otherwise."
But words are never "attacks" especially not in a forum.
 
Old 04-16-2019, 12:34 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,956 posts, read 4,686,472 times
Reputation: 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Kinda like asking the Atheists, "I wonder why it is that you keep saying there is no God, over, and over, and over again?"
I don't know. I'd be weirded out if I found out that they were copying and pasting their previous posts just to what? Fluff up new posts with standard information?
 
Old 04-16-2019, 02:09 PM
 
387 posts, read 69,690 times
Reputation: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Knowledge, and so-called "facts", are just our best info at the moment based on a probability curve.
OK, I can work with that. Spaced along that probability curve, based on our best info at the moment... the "fact" that you are typing on a computer keyboard is something approaching 100% (let's say 99.999% to allow for your brain in a vat)... the "fact" that Pluto exists is 95% (allowing for some massive conspiracy by the same people that hoaxed the moon landing)... the "fact" that some creature lives at the bottom of Loch Ness is something less than 5% (giving credit for blurry pictures and drunken sightings)... and the "fact" that a god (supernatural or otherwise) exists is less than any of those examples, given the lack of evidence.

Which brings me back to... All claims are not created equal.
 
Old 04-16-2019, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Florida
19,518 posts, read 19,642,992 times
Reputation: 22747
Ah, Hella, all Gldn is doing is bringing a "Matrix" style argument into it.
Entertain it if you want
 
Old 04-16-2019, 02:41 PM
 
387 posts, read 69,690 times
Reputation: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Ah, Hella, all Gldn is doing is bringing a "Matrix" style argument into it.
Entertain it if you want
Thanks for the warning. I only saw the first movie, and then went scuttling back to reality, so I usually fail to recognize when I've been sucked into an alternate dimension.
 
Old 04-16-2019, 03:01 PM
 
38,388 posts, read 10,502,517 times
Reputation: 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Many...a few...or one ---- "God Belief" (Theism) has been "The Standard" for all that time.
As compared to Atheism...which has not been standard, but a rare exception to the belief in the existence of God(s).
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to switch-up.
Our respiration is fine, Goldie. It's rather the God -believers who are catching their breath at the figures.

Not you, of course, either you are deep in denial (like the majority of 'This can't be happening' - mongers) or you don't care and you just argue -or snipe and needle, rather, for the sake od it, and you make sniping at atheists a priority because we are the Sanctissima Trinidade - the Big prize, if you can bring us down. You feel so very pleased with your self if you can come up with something to floor the atheists.

I could be wrong, of course. maybe.

I'm not asking you for clarification, Btw -. I wouldn't trust anything you told me.
 
Old 04-16-2019, 03:14 PM
 
12,683 posts, read 4,812,555 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Our respiration is fine, Goldie. It's rather the God -believers who are catching their breath at the figures.

Not you, of course, either you are deep in denial (like the majority of 'This can't be happening' - mongers) or you don't care and you just argue -or snipe and needle, rather, for the sake od it, and you make sniping at atheists a priority because we are the Sanctissima Trinidade - the Big prize, if you can bring us down. You feel so very pleased with your self if you can come up with something to floor the atheists.

I could be wrong, of course. maybe.

I'm not asking you for clarification, Btw -. I wouldn't trust anything you told me.
its not that. we have to protect the Innocent from fundy think type atheism. there is no need for us to step aside and let fundy-think types run the show.

one look at atheist and theist run countries is all we need to see. your sect of atheism of dangerous to us all.
 
Old 04-16-2019, 03:33 PM
 
12,683 posts, read 4,812,555 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
You have to take into account what a person like Jeffbase would consider unfriendly. Based on his posts, if he asks an atheist if they believe Jesus is the son of God and they say no, he would consider that a personal attack worthy of his ignore list. Ask Jeffbase if comparing homosexuals to pedophiles and people that have sex with animals is unfriendly and he would say no. His ability to make a rational determination on any subject that deals with religion is lacking. I discount his opinion of a person's demeanor entirely.
its one thing that both camps do. When seriously questioned its considered an an attack. when we don't bite on the all or nothing, with us or against us, ploy they turn violent.
 
Old 04-16-2019, 03:57 PM
Status: "Yes, we are indeed living in Idiocracy." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Gulf Coast
1,770 posts, read 537,726 times
Reputation: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
its one thing that both camps do. When seriously questioned its considered an an attack. when we don't bite on the all or nothing, with us or against us, ploy they turn violent.
No, it isn't... The point of rems post, was the Jeff saying someone is unfriendly means very little, because he thinks anyone that doesn't 100% agree with him is unfriendly/rude/attacking. You can, quite literally, say "I disagree", and Jeff turns it into you attacking him and his faith. I have never seen an atheist say such nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top