Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2019, 04:11 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You referred to the Bible as "babble". You showed exactly what you are about right there and have no respect or obligation to respond when someone makes derogatory snarky comments like that. It's not a discussion forum. it's a Christian bashing den. I understand the difference. Can't handle a fair debate in PM? I didn't think so.
Making fun of religious books, iconography, beliefs or rituals isn't attacking you. It's deriding that religion. You have all the right as a person, but your beliefs have no rights. Neither do mine. I suspect that every atheist here feels as negative about Islam, Judaism, Hinduism and some branches of Buddhism as they do about Christianity, Zoroastrianism, Norse Paganism, Hellenic religion and of the other almost 4,000 religions that man has invented.

If there were adherents to any of those other religions that tried to impose THEIR beliefs on the greater society, you can bet anything you have that they too would be the targets of ridicule and derision. The fact remains, in the society we live in, it is Christianity that is trying to impose its beliefs on the greater public.

That is not acceptable.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:12 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
The clock isn't ticking for me. Eternal life doesn't have an expiration date. The best you can hope for is that God will permanently destroy you body and soul in the final judgement.
Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Mormons, all have foundational beliefs in eternal life. Hindus, however, do not believe in a chance of Annihilation. But for you, if Christianity is true, there is a chance for hell and annihilation if you are the wrong type of Christian and were mistaken about Jesus.

The final judgment must be fair to be fair. So there really is no worry of such veiled threats.

The clock isn't ticking for me, when I have faith that I'm 10,000 immortal beings it is 10,000 times better than just 1. Beyond better.

Will the Heavens permanently destroy their immortal memory of me as well? That would be rather mental self-harm and self-debilitating. It would make sense if the Heavens were filled with false demons and their retarded delusions that have polluted the human minds.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:14 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
A few very anti gay Christian missionaries go to Uganda and preach and convince the Christians in that country that gays are a dangerous threat to their country. The Christians, along with fellow anti gay Muslims pass a law that at first placed the death penalty for any homosexual activity which is later changed to a long prison sentence. The American anti gay missionary publicly states that he regrets that Uganda backed down from imposing the death penalty. And you claim that it is crazy to blame a fundamentalist, in the sense I used, for this because most religious people do not support this.

That is my whole point. I have zero problems with the vast majority of religions or religious people. It is the fundamentalist mindset of "my religion is not only right but the only one right and every person must abide by whatever is written in my book (the strictest way I intrepete it) or they shall be severely punished".

I personally have 0roblems with gangs of zealots going around attacking anyone who does not stricktly follow this strict adherence to that religion. That you think I should not call out those who wish to kill gays, throw acid in the face if school girls or even spit and insult elementary school girls all because those perpetrators believe they are defending their religion speaks more about you than it does me. Those attackers are extremists and you won't find extremists whobelieve that their religion is a private matter and should be intrepeted to aid in living not in controlling.

So yes I do blame fundamentalists or extremists or whatever word you feel personally comfortable with. Maybe you think that the girls who had acid thrown in their faces deserved it, maybe you think 8t was about football I don't really care. I never blamed religion, I blamed extremists of the different religions for the actions they actually did.

And no where here or elsewhere have I ever supported the banning of religion nor have I ever stated that religion is all bad. I have stated that I oppose when religion is used as a weapon rather than as a tool. Perhaps you can start thinking what that means and how you can apply it to your own posts and life. There are many very religious posters on this thread that you can learn from.
I've had similar issues with Christians like that also. But I've come to realized we can never blame religion. People project their own inner values onto God. That is a fact which will never change.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:38 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I've had similar issues with Christians like that also. But I've come to realized we can never blame religion. People project their own inner values onto God. That is a fact which will never change.
Ok got it, a person so extremists and fundamentalist in their belief in their religion cannot be called a religious extremist because that is attacking every religious person. And yet you can blame all atheists for something that s9me random 9erson has done.

I stated right out front in response to your false accusation that all atheists wanted to ban all religion is the only think I would like to disappear are the extremists are fundamentalists factions of religion. Oinatead of noting that you were incorrect about your accusations against folks like me, you denied that religious people ever did something wrong in the name of religion so I responded by providing examples. Your next step was calling be out for blaming religion on those extremists. Apparently at the beginning of our discussion you decided I was wrong and then looked for something for me to be wrong about.

In your world the religious fanatics can do anything they want in the name of their religion and religion can never be blamed, however if a ruthless leader who happens to be an atheist commits terrible deeds, N9 atheist can ever be trusted again and we are all responsible for these deeds even if it had nothing to d9 with atheism.

I am sorry you have such dislike and prejudice towards those who do not believe in a G9d. Or perhaps you just like to argue to get attention but I think 8t is the former. A decent person would have corrected themselves after such a baseless accusation. I doubt you will ever change either, projecting your hatred about atheists assuming that we must hate theists.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:11 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,045,846 times
Quote:

You know what, I am reinstating an old challenge. I welcome anyone even those I blocked to debate me, one on one in private message. No restrictions, no unfair playing ground, just fair and equal for once. Of course, I fully expect no one will contact me. Because it's all about wanting an audience to make Christians look bad. Well private message takes away all that fun. But if an atheist truly wanted answers to the tough questions, they would have no problem doing the private message. That is the real truth when you strip these threads to the bone.
PM sent.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:30 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Ok got it, a person so extremists and fundamentalist in their belief in their religion cannot be called a religious extremist because that is attacking every religious person. And yet you can blame all atheists for something that s9me random 9erson has done.

I stated right out front in response to your false accusation that all atheists wanted to ban all religion is the only think I would like to disappear are the extremists are fundamentalists factions of religion. Oinatead of noting that you were incorrect about your accusations against folks like me, you denied that religious people ever did something wrong in the name of religion so I responded by providing examples. Your next step was calling be out for blaming religion on those extremists. Apparently at the beginning of our discussion you decided I was wrong and then looked for something for me to be wrong about.

In your world the religious fanatics can do anything they want in the name of their religion and religion can never be blamed, however if a ruthless leader who happens to be an atheist commits terrible deeds, N9 atheist can ever be trusted again and we are all responsible for these deeds even if it had nothing to d9 with atheism.

I am sorry you have such dislike and prejudice towards those who do not believe in a G9d. Or perhaps you just like to argue to get attention but I think 8t is the former. A decent person would have corrected themselves after such a baseless accusation. I doubt you will ever change either, projecting your hatred about atheists assuming that we must hate theists.
he has stated that both believers and non believers have these types of people. His accusation that atheist have the same personality types in it as religious people do is spot on. The traits we would assassinate with Fundy theist are in atheism. again, spot on.

to sum it up more simply, not that it matters to you and/or other anti-religious sect's atheists, is that jerks act like jerks no matter what they believe. adult children of abuse are land mines for the rest of us, again, no matter what they believe.

Those claims are spot on. they are so valid that raf, trans, harry, and other fundy think atheist types run away like beaten little children. Or they do what you did, change what he meant.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:53 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I agree. But there also been times when the nonbelievers have taken over control. We all know the horrors that have resulted.
There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages......Richard Lederer (Anguished English)

Old 04-12-2019, 08:10 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
he has stated that both believers and non believers have these types of people. His accusation that atheist have the same personality types in it as religious people do is spot on. The traits we would assassinate with Fundy theist are in atheism. again, spot on.

to sum it up more simply, not that it matters to you and/or other anti-religious sect's atheists, is that jerks act like jerks no matter what they believe. adult children of abuse are land mines for the rest of us, again, no matter what they believe.

Those claims are spot on. they are so valid that raf, trans, harry, and other fundy think atheist types run away like beaten little children. Or they do what you did, change what he meant.
Spoken like a true messenger.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:27 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

Any religious person who uses his religion as a tool for making his life better and is tolerant of those who are either of a different religion or of no religion I will support. Folks who wish to use their religion to make the lives of those of different or no religion worse I will oppose. Apparently you think the latter group are maybe being jerk but no big deal.

I was accused of being anti religion because I do not like those who use religion to make others have worse lives. I will accept being called being anti theist if that means I don't support those who kill for blasphemy laws or use their religion to deny rights to others. I'd rather be called incorrect labels than support fanatics and fundamentalist in the manner I used that word. Especially when the labels come from someone like yourself who is normally wrong in what you think about others.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:02 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Any religious person who uses his religion as a tool for making his life better and is tolerant of those who are either of a different religion or of no religion I will support. Folks who wish to use their religion to make the lives of those of different or no religion worse I will oppose. Apparently you think the latter group are maybe being jerk but no big deal.

I was accused of being anti religion because I do not like those who use religion to make others have worse lives. I will accept being called being anti theist if that means I don't support those who kill for blasphemy laws or use their religion to deny rights to others. I'd rather be called incorrect labels than support fanatics and fundamentalist in the manner I used that word. Especially when the labels come from someone like yourself who is normally wrong in what you think about others.
yeah bad, we all say this. so what.

Lets look at just how we mislabel you.

How would you classify yourself, in terms of personality traits?
What type of person are you?
what personal experiences in your life have formed your belief about the evils of religion?
based on the times you post. Where are you from?

Then, how would that type of person express their statement of belief about religion/god when debated with an alternative view?

secondly. How does understanding "mob mentally" fit what we seen in groups of people? then line up mob mentality to how some "religious people" behave?

This approach sheds a more detailed light on things. Far more than focusing on "anti-religious/god"

Trans himself has told me that he doesn't care what is going on, how the universe works, or how people work so long as we are attacking religion. Are you aligned with that type of thinking? are you proud to be associated with that type of thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality