Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 01:08 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And the point remains: the principle is valid, learning how to live it takes some doing.
Quite so. But whether the principle is a god - given one or a human-ethics -concluded one is another matter.
The point here is that what Paul proposed would happen clearly didn't, and really brought his entire thesis down. But he just ignored that and carried on papering over the cracks in the rubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 08:44 AM

23,154 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
No faith equals applying a principle instead of fallible and nebulous “laws.” Try to actually think rather than react from your jaundiced position.
Lol, '' Actually try to think?''

Says somebody who teaches a pagan lawless Messiah to Jews, somebody who proves the God of the bible is evil, and who proves Jesus couldn't be the Messiah, a person who doesn't accept the bible wants to teach about faith found in the bible?

What Richard loves, practices and believes in is the God of the bible, and very few people practice what they really believe but he is standing on a sure foundation whereas you have invented your own religion from little snippets of the few scriptures you accept, you certainly aren't in any position to make a judgment on God's religion, much less, actual followers of the religion God ordained. There is no middle grey area, you can't do away with 90 percent of the bible and then expect people to believe what comes out of your mouth. Just saying, Atheist wave at you from far away and they pay homage to your good works lol.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-07-2019 at 09:03 AM..

Old 04-07-2019, 08:55 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Lol, '' Actually try to think?''

Says somebody who teaches a pagan lawless Messiah to Jews, somebody who proves the God of the bible is evil, and who proves Jesus couldn't be the Messiah, a person who doesn't accept the bible wants to teach about faith found in the bible?

What Richard loves, practices and believes in is the God of the bible, and very few people practice what they really believe but he is standing on a sure foundation whereas you have invented your own religion from little snippets of the few scriptures you accept, you certainly aren't in any position to make a judgment on God's religion, much less, actual followers of the religion God ordained. There is no middle grey area, you can't do away with 90 percent of the bible and then expect people to believe what comes out of your mouth.
I hate to demonstrate your complete failure to actually think, Hanni, but even Richard realizes the insanity of denying people cheeseburgers because of their "Law."

Old 04-07-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
When “law” denies cheeseburgers to the population it is time to take another look at the concept
You don't boil a kid in his own mother's milk, why would this be a law Nate?

If all the law comes down to two laws that Jesus claimed, the whole message and meaning of the law is to simply love God and love your neighbor, what does it say of the law?

The law teaches mercy from cover to cover, and where people like David see pure beauty and magic, you find what you want to find in contradiction to what Jesus said, that it all comes down to love, and thus, teaches pure love, pure mercy, but it is impossible for an outsider to find love and mercy because they begin with an extreme bias against the law, and this is the legacy of Christianity, to bring God down, to outlaw the ways and commandments of God from the hate they have against the chosen.

Christianity outlawed God, they outlawed the ways and religion of Jesus, they threw off everything that would have taught them of Christ, and even today they open the New Testament quoting promises written to Gentile converts to Judaism, and they assume all those promises were written of them.

But I am so sure that law hating , eating swine in their gardens have become experts in laws of a religion they don't know anything about.

Anyone who does not love Judaism enough to follow Judaism, those people have no idea how much they dont know about the law and God's religion.

I say this from studying the bible every day for 35 years as a Pentecostal when I accidently found the 7 feasts of Messiah, and how in the world did I claim to be a Christian and not even know the names of the 7 feasts?

How had I been studying modern Christianity all those years assuming it was the religion of Christ when it wasn't?

When I began to study the actual religion Jesus practiced, I becamd overwhelmed and shocked because I didn't think I had time to catch up, and I have been catching up for 20 years, EVERY DAY, and all I can say is that there is STILL a mountain of information I haven't had time to get to.

A Gentile speaks around Jews who were raised in Judaism, who love the law and the ways of God, and that Christian just doesn't know how impossible it is for him to understand the law, you are not going to have a chance to undersgand the law unless you love the law and God's religion, if you don't love God's religion, the same religion Jesus loved and practiced, you don't even have a clue just how ignorant you are of what the law teaches, and I say this as a person who studies like a mad man and all I have learned is how much I still don't know.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I hate to demonstrate your complete failure to actually think, Hanni, but even Richard realizes the insanity of denying people cheeseburgers because of their "Law."
Aint no such thing as a biblical Cheeseburger, and some Jews have two ice boxes, one for dairy and one for meat, so?

What you demonstrate is your desperate need to put the law in a bad light by any means.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:54 AM

''Those who keep the laws of Moses to then teach others to keep the laws will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and those who do not keep the laws of Moses and who teach others not to keep the laws of Moses will be the least in the kingdom of heaven.''

Not my words, words of truth.

Jesus tells us exactly where the lawless and the disrespectful go, they say,'' But Jesus, we taught your name in the streets, we did miracles in your name.''

But Jesus looks at the lawless and says,'' I never knew you, you workers of iniquity, depart from me into outer darkness.''

''OUTER DARKNESS,'' This is the name given to the outer court of Gentiles that is not a part of the temple proper.

It is called outer darkness in relation and comparison with the extreme light of God coming from the Holy place and the. The court has the sun as it's light, and when the sun is compared with the light of God, it is called the cout of darkness. At night during the feast of Tabernacles, the light from the Temple is so extreme that it lit up every court in Jerusalem and so it is said AT EVE, '' BEHOLD, IT IS LIGHT.''

That outer court of darkness is a prepared place for every Gentile who refuses God's ways, they remain Gentiles, and they are in the court because of their disrespect for the law, still saved, albeit in the outer court.

For what?

For not keeping the laws of Moses and teaching others not to keep the laws,'' According to Jesus.''

Old 04-07-2019, 11:00 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
I think that it may be along the same lines as the JWs with the verse that says not to consume blood, I’m sure it meant animal blood, and they take it to also mean that you can’t have blood transfusions, they call it “eating blood”...Which is kind of rediculous..

Old 04-07-2019, 11:04 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
''Those who keep the laws of Moses to then teach others to keep the laws will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and those who do not keep the laws of Moses and who teach others not to keep the laws of Moses will be the least in the kingdom of heaven.''

Not my words, words of truth.

Jesus tells us exactly where the lawless and the disrespectful go, they say,'' But Jesus, we taught your name in the streets, we did miracles in your name.''

But Jesus looks at the lawless and says,'' I never knew you, you workers of iniquity, depart from me into outer darkness.''

''OUTER DARKNESS,'' This is the name given to the outer court of Gentiles that is not a part of the temple proper.

It is called outer darkness in relation and comparison with the extreme light of God coming from the Holy place and the. The court has the sun as it's light, and when the sun is compared with the light of God, it is called the cout of darkness. At night during the feast of Tabernacles, the light from the Temple is so extreme that it lit up every court in Jerusalem and so it is said AT EVE, '' BEHOLD, IT IS LIGHT.''

That outer court of darkness is a prepared place for every Gentile who refuses God's ways, they remain Gentiles, and they are in the court because of their disrespect for the law, still saved, albeit in the outer court.

For what?

For not keeping the laws of Moses and teaching others not to keep the laws,'' According to Jesus.''
The man does have a point...

Old 04-07-2019, 12:30 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I think that it may be along the same lines as the JWs with the verse that says not to consume blood, I’m sure it meant animal blood, and they take it to also mean that you can’t have blood transfusions, they call it “eating blood”...Which is kind of rediculous..
My late father told me that the meaning of the "eating blood" verse was a stricture against participating in the practice of the people who lived in the area of the Israelites wherein they would eat the blood of a sacrificed animal in order to attain its characteristics; e.g., strength, speed, etc.

I don't know what was the source of his information.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:23 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yechezkel - Ezekiel - Chapter 44

9 So said the Lord God: No alien of uncircumcised heart or of uncircumcised flesh may enter My Sanctuary, of any alien who is in the midst of the Children of Israel.

Gal 5:
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Interesting...G-d says if you are not circumcised of the flesh you may not enter His sanctuary, however, Paul says the opposite, that if you become circumcised then Jesus becomes of no value to you...Who’s telling the truth here?...

Paul did not say if you become circumcised then Jesus becomes of no value. You're twisting things.

"You are separated from Christ, you who are trying to be declared righteous by means of law."-Galatians 5:4

"For in union with Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any value, but faith operating through love is."- Galatians 5:6

The early Christian congregations were composed of Jews as well as Gentiles. Some in those congregations wanted to compel Gentiles to observe portions of the Law for outward appearances than anything else.

Observe what he also writes to the Galatians:

All those who want to make a good impression in the flesh are the ones who try to compel you to get circumcised, doing so only to avoid being persecuted for the torture stake of the Christ. -Galatians 6:12
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality