U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 02:13 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,455,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The man does have a point...
If "the Laws" actually taught what Hanni claims he would have a point, but they don't. It is only by reasoning out the intention of any "law" that you can grasp what "fulfilling" it really means. In your "misunderstanding," the point is missed that it was about participating in local black magic religious practices and focusing so intensely on the physical act that efforts to avoid any possible, especially accidental occurrence that it has become actually insane.

Time to ask whether it is the law or the purpose OF the law that is what is important. I don't teach disobedience to the law as Hanni claims, I teach fulfillment of the PURPOSE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 02:16 PM

894 posts, read 608,133 times
Quote:
I think that it may be along the same lines as the JWs with the verse that says not to consume blood, Iím sure it meant animal blood, and they take it to also mean that you canít have blood transfusions, they call it ďeating bloodĒ...Which is kind of rediculous..

Blood wasn't simply thought of as a dietary restriction (like avoiding carnitas) as your reference about "eating blood" would imply.

The prohibition about blood and the sacredness attached to it was given to:

Noah

Moses as part of the Law

and repeated by the Apostles who ranked it up there with serious sins such as idol worship, etc

Acts 15:19-21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My late father told me that the meaning of the "eating blood" verse was a stricture against participating in the practice of the people who lived in the area of the Israelites wherein they would eat the blood of a sacrificed animal in order to attain its characteristics; e.g., strength, speed, etc.

I don't know what was the source of his information.
I share this source as its secular and anyone who is interested in learning that there is good medical science behind avoidance of blood transfusion can view the short video:

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionand...rgeries/19167/

Old 04-07-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Blood wasn't simply thought of as a dietary restriction (like avoiding carnitas) as your reference about "eating blood" would imply.

Noah

Moses as part of the Law

and repeated by the Apostles who ranked it up there with serious sins such as idol worship, etc

I share this source as its secular and anyone who is interested in learning that there is good medical science behind avoidance of blood transfusion can view the short video:

And once again the attempt here is to validate a position reached irrationally: avoiding any possibility of a prohibited physical action without regard for the spiritual intent.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:29 PM

27,376 posts, read 14,702,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My late father told me that the meaning of the "eating blood" verse was a stricture against participating in the practice of the people who lived in the area of the Israelites wherein they would eat the blood of a sacrificed animal in order to attain its characteristics; e.g., strength, speed, etc.

I don't know what was the source of his information.
It sounds Native American...

Old 04-07-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Paul did not say if you become circumcised then Jesus becomes of no value. You're twisting things.

"You are separated from Christ, you who are trying to be declared righteous by means of law."-Galatians 5:4

"For in union with Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any value, but faith operating through love is."- Galatians 5:6

The early Christian congregations were composed of Jews as well as Gentiles. Some in those congregations wanted to compel Gentiles to observe portions of the Law for outward appearances than anything else.

Observe what he also writes to the Galatians:

All those who want to make a good impression in the flesh are the ones who try to compel you to get circumcised, doing so only to avoid being persecuted for the torture stake of the Christ. -Galatians 6:12
You have it wrong...Of no profit is the same as saying of no value...And circumcision is the sign of the covenant between G-d and the Israelites...And G-d said no one uncircumcised shall enter His sanctuary, itís pretty cut and dried...

Old 04-07-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If "the Laws" actually taught what Hanni claims he would have a point, but they don't. It is only by reasoning out the intention of any "law" that you can grasp what "fulfilling" it really means. In your "misunderstanding," the point is missed that it was about participating in local black magic religious practices and focusing so intensely on the physical act that efforts to avoid any possible, especially accidental occurrence that it has become actually insane.

Time to ask whether it is the law or the purpose OF the law that is what is important. I don't teach disobedience to the law as Hanni claims, I teach fulfillment of the PURPOSE.
The purpose of the Torah is to make one a better person by fulfilling the Mitzvot...

Old 04-07-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:

Noah

Moses as part of the Law

Yea, ok...

Old 04-07-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
The purpose of the Torah is to make one a better person by fulfilling the Mitzvot...
So, no cheeseburgers.

Physical practice translates to spiritual value whether that value is what is in mind or not? Not where I come from.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So, no cheeseburgers.

Physical practice translates to spiritual value whether that value is what is in mind or not? Not where I come from.
Indeed...

Old 04-07-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
You have it wrong...Of no profit is the same as saying of no value...And circumcision is the sign of the covenant between G-d and the Israelites...And G-d said no one uncircumcised shall enter His sanctuary, itís pretty cut and dried...
Of what value is a "sign" if the commitment is not real? Is that "sign" needed if the commitment is true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or