U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 03:37 PM

14,343 posts, read 4,760,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Seems that Christian wants to touch this...
I wished they would have left it alone because the responses are so sad.

Unbelievable.

2000 years of Christian persecution that ended up in holocaust, 2000 years of Christians trying to force a lawless pagan Messiah on Jews, and they can't understand why Jews wont believe in Jesus?

And now if a Jewish Rabbi stands up to speak about Christian history, '' HOW DARE HIM.''

Just goes to show their mentality, it is very telling.

It would be best if Jews just forgot about 2000 years of Christian persecution by a people trying to push a lawless pagan Messiah on them, it's not fair if you state historical fact, just not fair.

What does the world want?

That Jews should stop complaining and crying over anti Semitism and 2000 years of persecution and if we do kill some Jews, they have no right to complain? How dare Jews point out how they can't accept Jesus after 2000 years of Christians proving Jesus couldn't have been the Messiah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 03:54 PM

I am 30 min into this vid, an so far he has made very compelling arguments, very reasonable, informative and nothing there that should offend a Christian, it is a rabbi speaking his own heart using logic and rational thought.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:56 PM

4,156 posts, read 1,528,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus Holy Spirit believes that the Jews don`t want to believe in Jesus because of the customs ..... Still Jesus spirit has profoundly visited many Jews and Muslims and other people , were this personal visit has lead them to conversion ....... Jesus does make it clear that unless people reject their brothers and sister and mothers and friends and be converted , as the brothers and sisters and mothers and others would be not interested in conversion to Christ
Hmmm, Did Jesus manage to convert his own mother or ANY of the 12 disciples? Doesn’t look like it.

See how it falls apart?

Old 04-04-2019, 08:25 PM

2,800 posts, read 997,678 times
Most interesting. Other than that I don't know what else to say right now since I initially clicked on to the video just out of curiosity. And, rather than switching off after a couple of minutes as intended, I became so absorbed in the Rabbi's message that I finished up watching the entire video. As someone else asked ...is he wrong?

Old 04-04-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Most interesting. Other than that I don't know what else to say right now since I initially clicked on to the video just out of curiosity. And, rather than switching off after a couple of minutes as intended, I became so absorbed in the Rabbi's message that I finished up watching the entire video. As someone else asked ...is he wrong?
He isn't wrong about anything he said, he is only wrong because Christianity presents itself as something other than Judaism, he is assumming what Christianity hands to him, and what Christianity is today, is the same as the first Christianity when it was not.

For instance, Jesus didn't come offering a Jew a betrothal to a Jew to become a Jew.

The mission of Jesus was that Gentiles accept a husband to marry into Judah to become one with Jews.

Christianity teaches the opposite, Christians assume that Jesus came to save the chosen people when IN FACT, his mission was to add Gentiles to the already saved, CHOSEN PEOPLE.

Jews had NO NEED to marry a Jew to get redeemed into Israel, a Jew does not marry a Jew to become one with Jews.

The Rabbi is completely justified in all that he said, but what he said concerns modern Christianity, NOT THE FIRST CHRISTIANITY WHERE GENTILES CONVERTED TO JUDAISM.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-04-2019 at 10:48 PM..

Old 04-04-2019, 11:40 PM

27,381 posts, read 14,707,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
He isn't wrong about anything he said, he is only wrong because Christianity presents itself as something other than Judaism, he is assumming what Christianity hands to him, and what Christianity is today, is the same as the first Christianity when it was not.

For instance, Jesus didn't come offering a Jew a betrothal to a Jew to become a Jew.

The mission of Jesus was that Gentiles accept a husband to marry into Judah to become one with Jews.

Christianity teaches the opposite, Christians assume that Jesus came to save the chosen people when IN FACT, his mission was to add Gentiles to the already saved, CHOSEN PEOPLE.

Jews had NO NEED to marry a Jew to get redeemed into Israel, a Jew does not marry a Jew to become one with Jews.

The Rabbi is completely justified in all that he said, but what he said concerns modern Christianity, NOT THE FIRST CHRISTIANITY WHERE GENTILES CONVERTED TO JUDAISM.
As a city data member had said to me a few years back, initial Christianity probably looked more like the modern Reform Judaism, than what it does today....In other words, just a more relaxed sect of Judaism...

Old 04-05-2019, 01:22 AM

15,971 posts, read 7,458,028 times
Quote:
As a city data member had said to me a few years back, initial Christianity probably looked more like the modern Reform Judaism, than what it does today....In other words, just a more relaxed sect of Judaism...
Yes, until they realized that Jesus was not about ANY religion, then it was “the Way”until professionals wormed their way into control.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:30 AM

27,381 posts, read 14,707,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Yes, until they realized that Jesus was not about ANY religion, then it was “the Way”until professionals wormed their way into control.
I see you’ve still not refuted the video...

Old 04-05-2019, 06:41 AM

4,156 posts, read 1,528,554 times
I have been following Rabbi Tovia for a few years now.
He lives very peacefully among the densly Muslim population in Indonesia.

The general theme in his message is of peace supported by logic, common sense and some well studied historical and theological knowledge.

This video is one such example.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
It was Judaism and it was relaxed, and Jesus told us to do whatever the priests said to do because they sat in authority in the seat of Moses, but what would a Jewish priest expect of Gentile converts who were not raised in their culture and heritage?

Rabbi really got me going, I really appreciate his zeal and what he said concerning people who convert to Judaism, and although I may not be recognised as a lawful member of Judaism, I really liked what he said, and I really liked what he said about ten men from every nation grasping on to the garment of every Jew, and how he used this to show how it isn't the Jews in the wrong religion, but that all the prophets show Gentiles wrong, not Jews, and how the prophets prove that all the Gentiles come running to Judaism to a universal prophesy of peace, I have been saying the same thing for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or