U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-06-2019, 09:40 AM
 
Location: US
27,392 posts, read 14,723,814 times
Reputation: 1685

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It was Judaism and it was relaxed, and Jesus told us to do whatever the priests said to do because they sat in authority in the seat of Moses, but what would a Jewish priest expect of Gentile converts who were not raised in their culture and heritage?

Rabbi really got me going, I really appreciate his zeal and what he said concerning people who convert to Judaism, and although I may not be recognised as a lawful member of Judaism, I really liked what he said, and I really liked what he said about ten men from every nation grasping on to the garment of every Jew, and how he used this to show how it isn't the Jews in the wrong religion, but that all the prophets show Gentiles wrong, not Jews, and how the prophets prove that all the Gentiles come running to Judaism to a universal prophesy of peace, I have been saying the same thing for years.
Yup...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-06-2019, 09:41 AM
 
Location: US
27,392 posts, read 14,723,814 times
Reputation: 1685
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I have been following Rabbi Tovia for a few years now.
He lives very peacefully among the densly Muslim population in Indonesia.

The general theme in his message is of peace supported by logic, common sense and some well studied historical and theological knowledge.

This video is one such example.
Glad you enjoy his messages...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2019, 09:43 AM
 
Location: US
27,392 posts, read 14,723,814 times
Reputation: 1685
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I have been following Rabbi Tovia for a few years now.
He lives very peacefully among the densly Muslim population in Indonesia.

The general theme in his message is of peace supported by logic, common sense and some well studied historical and theological knowledge.

This video is one such example.
I chuckled at what his fifth grade Rebbe said, ďTovi, if you knew your Chumash as well as you know the New Testament!Ē...lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2019, 07:59 AM
 
37,825 posts, read 10,266,082 times
Reputation: 4998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I chuckled at what his fifth grade Rebbe said, ďTovi, if you knew your Chumash as well as you know the New Testament!Ē...lol...
I can relate to that. I read a lot more NT and Christian apologetics than I do books on atheism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 06:07 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,770 posts, read 4,622,259 times
Reputation: 1311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
....
Rabbi really got me going, I really appreciate his zeal and what he said concerning people who convert to Judaism, and although I may not be recognised as a lawful member of Judaism, I really liked what he said, and I really liked what he said about ten men from every nation grasping on to the garment of every Jew, and how he used this to show how it isn't the Jews in the wrong religion, but that all the prophets show Gentiles wrong, not Jews, and how the prophets prove that all the Gentiles come running to Judaism to a universal prophesy of peace, I have been saying the same thing for years.
Take a breath. This works just as well with Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, or Hinduism (and Hindus are not particularly zealous or missionary).

Nothing proved. The same things would occur to any Colonialist, Separatist, Peace-seeking-when-convenient religion that followed and found itself among the same conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
...
The mission of Jesus was that Gentiles accept a husband to marry into Judah to become one with Jews.

Christianity teaches the opposite, Christians assume that Jesus came to save the chosen people when IN FACT, his mission was to add Gentiles to the already saved, CHOSEN PEOPLE.
...

Is it half-racio-sexist to keep a rule that dictates that a Gentile man who marries a Jewish woman cannot become Jewish as was mentioned the other way around? Does not make much sense to me to only mention the word "husband".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2019, 02:58 AM
 
Location: US
27,392 posts, read 14,723,814 times
Reputation: 1685
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Take a breath. This works just as well with Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, or Hinduism (and Hindus are not particularly zealous or missionary).

Nothing proved. The same things would occur to any Colonialist, Separatist, Peace-seeking-when-convenient religion that followed and found itself among the same conditions.



Is it half-racio-sexist to keep a rule that dictates that a Gentile man who marries a Jewish woman cannot become Jewish as was mentioned the other way around? Does not make much sense to me to only mention the word "husband".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2019, 11:31 AM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,770 posts, read 4,622,259 times
Reputation: 1311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You don't even know what you are confused about then? Perhaps because I was responding to Hannibal Flavias, yet his comments were correctly quoted for you to read. Did you miss them?

Ignorance is occasionally a weapon for the desperate.

One false religion is just like the other. People in foreign nations hang on to the coattails of the Hindus like Gandhi, etc. The same is true with Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism.

Hannibal Flavias said that he thought Jesus came to make non-Jews into Jews by finding Jewish husbands. But in reality, a Jew is a Jew by his mother, so if Jesus wanted the Gentiles' descendants to become Jewish, it would only be the descendants of the male Gentiles with Jewish women. Or both, I'm not particularly as sexist about such things as most fundamentalist Abrahamists are. However, Hannibal Flavias specifically said it was that Gentile women had to find Jewish husbands. It could just be a desire on his part, but I assumed it might be a historical trend with fundamentalist Jewish reinterpretation of Jesus as a Historically Jewish figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2019, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,981 posts, read 7,467,310 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
You don't even know what you are confused about then? Perhaps because I was responding to Hannibal Flavias, yet his comments were correctly quoted for you to read. Did you miss them?

Ignorance is occasionally a weapon for the desperate.

One false religion is just like the other. People in foreign nations hang on to the coattails of the Hindus like Gandhi, etc. The same is true with Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism.

Hannibal Flavias said that he thought Jesus came to make non-Jews into Jews by finding Jewish husbands. But in reality, a Jew is a Jew by his mother, so if Jesus wanted the Gentiles' descendants to become Jewish, it would only be the descendants of the male Gentiles with Jewish women. Or both, I'm not particularly as sexist about such things as most fundamentalist Abrahamists are. However, Hannibal Flavias specifically said it was that Gentile women had to find Jewish husbands. It could just be a desire on his part, but I assumed it might be a historical trend with fundamentalist Jewish reinterpretation of Jesus as a Historically Jewish figure.
There are two things wrong with your analysis of Hanni: missing the obvious irony of Jewish (or Hebrew) prophets claiming that the whole world would come to them for enlightenment (is there anything in Hindu prophesy about everyone coming to the Chinese for enlightenment?) AND by Hanni, everyone would be (spiritually) taking Jesus as husband, but your point holds as that would not make them Jewish by Law, not that it would make a difference in his fantasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2019, 01:37 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,770 posts, read 4,622,259 times
Reputation: 1311
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
There are two things wrong with your analysis of Hanni: missing the obvious irony of Jewish (or Hebrew) prophets claiming that the whole world would come to them for enlightenment (is there anything in Hindu prophesy about everyone coming to the Chinese for enlightenment?) AND by Hanni, everyone would be (spiritually) taking Jesus as husband, but your point holds as that would not make them Jewish by Law, not that it would make a difference in his fantasy.
Yes, it is Ironic, given that Jewish "prophets" could not come from the priest blood/tribe castes and were influenced most severely by the iconoclasm and monolatry of the Hyksos and Zoroastrian Empires that easily overpowered their previous also false religions.

It is also Ironic that the Chinese DID come to the Hindus' Buddhism for Enlightenment. Must be sign that Hinduism is true and justified. And what happened in the 1960s US and Europe before the "anti-Hindu capitalist pro-chemistry" powers corrupted it with drugs?

It is also ironic that you both defend and "insult" Abrahamism by calling his religious ideas fantasies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2019, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
14,387 posts, read 4,771,373 times
Reputation: 1432
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Take a breath. This works just as well with Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, or Hinduism (and Hindus are not particularly zealous or missionary).

Nothing proved. The same things would occur to any Colonialist, Separatist, Peace-seeking-when-convenient religion that followed and found itself among the same conditions.



Is it half-racio-sexist to keep a rule that dictates that a Gentile man who marries a Jewish woman cannot become Jewish as was mentioned the other way around? Does not make much sense to me to only mention the word "husband".
It is all written of you, it doesn't concern anyone but you, YOU ARE THE MOTHER.

A Gentile IS A VIRGIN FOUND PREGNANT BY SOME MIRACLE BIRTH, NEVER HAVING KNOWN HER HUSBAND, BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN IS WITH CHILD.

YOU.

YOU ARE A FREAKING ANIMAL BUT BY SOME GREAT MIRACLE YOU HAVE BECOME PREGNANT BY AN ALIEN.

YOU NEED TO BE BORN AGAIN AS A GENTILE, YOU WERE BORN A GENTILE AND THIS SIMPLY WILL NOT DO.

I WAS BORN A GENTILE AND THIS WILL SIMPLY NOT DO.


I know, I will crawl back in my mother's womb and then pray that she changes into a Jew by some miracle, and thus, I will be born again as a Jew.


THE ENTIRE PROBLEM WITH GENTILES IS THE FACT THAT WE WERE BORN GENTILES.

We need to be born again, and let me say flat out, if ever there was a king greater than myself, I have never heard of him, and Solomon bragging about his riches, and his thousand or even TEN THOUSAND WOMEN, HE IS FREAKING NOTHING, HE LOOKS LIKE A BABY TO ME, .......I AM THE KING, AND NONE STAND BESIDE ME..


This is fact, it is not just fact of myself being a king, but the fact of millions and billions of kings like myself.

YOU HAVE TO MAKE A WILLING CHOICE TO BE A GENTLE, HUMBLE, QUIET, INNOCENT, SELF SACRIFICING, SUBMISSIVE, LOWLY, EVER FORGIVING, SEEKING MERCY, ALWAYS SEEING OTHERS SINS AS TRIVIAL TO WHAT YOU HAVE DONE YOURSELF.

YOU WANT TO BE A BRIDE OF CHRIST.

That is to become a sacrifice, YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO DIE AS THE KING YOU ARE(get this), AND LET NOT ONE PERSON DENY THAT HE LIVES AS THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING!


YOU HAVE TO DIE, DYING IS THE FIRST PART OF THE PLAN AS YOU ARE A FREAKING PROUD KING, NOT A SUBMISSIVE VIRGIN.(I speak to myself)

Are you willing to go all the way to death?

Really?

Revelation is you going all the way to death, and you begin with the spirit of Elijah that ONLY comes to GENTILES.

Now see, the Earth, she loves me, ya know why? It is because I speak of her first born sons and then I search out other sons that she longs for. There was was son born of her, but many are to follow, this earth will produce many sons, that's it's job, and it is the job over billions of other Earths, to create brethren born of the same mother, and because there are a trillion Earths, there needs to be a trillion brethren with each earth designed just for him.

The great promise is not to go to some heaven, the great promise is death by torture.

We all should be so lucky, there are billions of Earths and each one designed for a son of God to go down and be an example.

We sign up for tortue and death, why then does such horrid things bring a smile to my face and anticipation as if I am ready right now?

My my only prayer is that I die in service to God's will, and this means oppresson, and I greet it with glee saying,'' sir, can I have another?

It is genetics, a built in desire to die for something good, for love, decency.

You wanna take the narrow way? You become a brethren of Christ, you go down to an Earth and do exactly what he did here, like Revelation states, YOU INHERIT ALL THE PROMISES THE FATHER SPOKE OF THE SON.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-13-2019 at 09:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top