U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 04:57 AM

12,580 posts, read 4,759,419 times

Advertisements

How about one that focuses on matching the traits we discover about the universe to the thing?

also, can we make it clear we are addressing it as a personification of something that is not human and don't fully understand but that there is no magic involved in its interactions with us? something akin to us eating right and exercising for over all health but we do not tend to each cell in our bodies individually?

In fact, we gladly sacrifice some cells to maintain our health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 05:04 AM

12,580 posts, read 4,759,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
…an adversary of God.

Well, whatever it is, it was with Eve talking.

Subtle Serpent – likely to elude perception, or understanding, requiring mental acuteness, penetration, or discernment.
well,i don't do devil, but if I would use the term meteorically I would say it it would use whatever we see as good/bad as a weapon.

If I were to assault a population how would I weaponize love? how would I weaponize uncertainty? How would I weaponize hate? How would I weaponize every single human emotion? we see some of it here. fundy theist and milli-mental anti-religious/god. Take any reasonable notion and weaponize it against the other side and itself/ourselves.

The question is, are we any different than eve? personally, I don't see it. Eve never had to choose the apple while she (Us all) grappled with the insecurity of feeling "lesser" to the universe.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:43 AM

457 posts, read 153,359 times
-
AA, I don't want to do evil, do thee evil, do D evil...but often I do that which I try not to do, I can be a devil.

Lets not forget that what we are dealing with here is words, and sentences, the meaning of, and forming conceptions, thoughts, and always running short on memory, remembering everything. So thank God for a really good dependable dictionary.

Okay, I look up serpent...what does the word really represent according to my torn to tatters dictionary that cannot be replaced...1973 out of print:

ser-pent - #1. a snake. #2. a wily, treacherous, or malicious person. #3. Satan.

and the tongue speaks from the fullness of a man's heart, from which Jesus said comes all the wicked things that defies a man.

again...

Satan - the chief evil spirit...was with Eve in the beginning.

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep thine heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee. Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not unto the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil. My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding: That thou may regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge." Proverbs 4:20-5:2

And where does that evil spirit exist or come from?

"O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh...for by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Matt. 12:34-37

-

'Now the serpent [that Lying Tongue]was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. That's where it all began to be not very good anymore...into a land of confusion and endless wars that man made.

-

Last edited by auralmack; 04-16-2019 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: iniquities

Old Today, 10:29 AM

457 posts, read 153,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

The question is, are we any different than eve? personally, I don't see it. Eve never had to choose the apple while she (Us all) grappled with the insecurity of feeling "lesser" to the universe.
I would say we are a much more weaponized version of Eve; But no, that same talking snake with Eve, is still with us today...like slow poison, more painful, and much more deadly...unless you grab hold of that poisonous viper, but watch out; that ssserpent has teeth and can bite you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or