U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 12:07 PM

7,749 posts, read 4,610,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Thanks!
But

The Commonwealth federal article does not prohibit the particular States of Australia from implementing such religious laws, meaning legislation at the state level could provide for restriction or enforcement of religion.

They have "freedom of traditional religion, personal faith, and atheism" in China. New and foreign religions, I think, have to go through hoops and loopholes to prove they would not "destabilize" Chinese society.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 04-11-2019 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 01:15 PM

6,343 posts, read 5,940,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
He may have been raised LDS; a lot of Tongans are. He is now active in the Assemblies of God church.

No wonder he's so Crabby anymore................

Old 04-11-2019, 01:25 PM

27,361 posts, read 14,698,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
So freedom of religion trumps everything? In that case, 9/11 was morally justified.

And freedom of religion means you can practice any religion you want, or none. That does not give you the right to attack other people.

And other religions use idols. So you are arguing against other religions, which is not freedom of religion.

And "anything quoted in a biblical sense could be seen as not PC friendly"? Except he was not just quoting anything, was he?

Apparently? Did you not read what he said, that hell awaits drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters. The others vilify themselves, but those in orange?

So the rights of others means nothing to you? The laws of the land mean nothing to you? So much for the alleged moral high ground Christians often claim to have.
You never hear Jews saying stuff like that...Just Christians...

Old 04-11-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Once again, for those of you who seem to not understand who things work in the real world....

Freedom of religion does NOT mean freedom of any and all consequences. Say it with me Derek, "Freedom of religion does NOT mean freedom of any and all consequences."

Say something like that, your employer can fire you. Stupid people win stupid prizes...
All Freedom of Religion means is that one has the right to practice their religion of choice without fear of persecution...Plus, the NT says nothing about atheists...

Old 04-11-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
it's feasible for atheists to just smile and shrug. Just as it would be feasible for women to laugh off someone who says they should not be allowed to boss men or hold positions of authority, and their place is in the home making babies.

But by god, I haven't much sympathy for anyone who finds themselves up before the Beak on a charge of gender discrimination.

Some atheists do get more annoyed than I do at those Godsuckers who tell them they are going to hell, but I believe I did once post something along the lines of "One day, it will be a punishable offence to say something like that to atheists."

It seems that day has arrivven, and while I am not ruffled featherwise by Hellthreat, I am not going to leap to the defence or even defense of this fellow. Because it is all part of rolling back religious privilege.

PC gone mad? That is actually in the Theist = English dictionary. "social and legal prevention of me saying and doing whatever I like".
You forgot about cooking and cleaning and bare foot...

Old 04-11-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I hope that dude knows he is going to be the only Rugby player in heaven.............that's of course only if Mormons actually go to heaven.
I think that they become gods and get their own planet to propagate life on...

Old 04-11-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
He may have been raised LDS; a lot of Tongans are. He is now active in the Assemblies of God church.
Pentecostal...That says a lot...

Old 04-11-2019, 02:21 PM

7,749 posts, read 4,610,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You never hear Jews saying stuff like that...Just Christians...

I've heard Jews and other religions and ethnicities say all kinds of other things. All kinds.

Including that "Goyim" (non-jews?) are not to be befriended and are not trustworthy or valuable companions.

imaginations of hells are not the only things that hurt.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:51 PM

8,032 posts, read 6,944,639 times
Actually Christians are called by God to love the neighbor as themselves ........... This means that it is not their Job to play God , as it is God spirit who is called to convict believers of sin so they can stand in Christ , so to get into activation and condemn people before they even get to God would just scare people away from God through legalism condemnation ................. So then this person has doctrines of legalism which can be a substitution of faith in God which is idolatry , so go to show people that the condemner need to examine themselves instead of pointing the finger at others

Old 04-11-2019, 03:06 PM

1,550 posts, read 1,918,659 times
Churches should denounce Rugby anyway, it just leads to Hooliganism...

Arsenal Vs. Tottenham Hooligans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or