Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 09:05 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

Aussies...well we Brits always think of them as level -headed practical people. So it's always a shock to us when he hear some Creationist bullcrap being spouted in an Auzzie accent. It just doesn't seem right, somehow.

I have to mention that there is a lot of awful Catholicism..I mean an awful lot...in Ozz. I have to relate overhearing an Ozzie group coming out of a restaurant and they seemed at a loss as to what to do.

"Do you want to go back to the pub? No? Do you want to go to confession?"

Ok, if you are in a hotel as a tourist, eat out or drink - there's not much else, unless you booked tickets. But Confession?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 09:24 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Katz...?
He may have been raised LDS; a lot of Tongans are. He is now active in the Assemblies of God church.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:58 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
So freedom of religion trumps everything? In that case, 9/11 was morally justified.

And freedom of religion means you can practice any religion you want, or none. That does not give you the right to attack other people.

And other religions use idols. So you are arguing against other religions, which is not freedom of religion.

And "anything quoted in a biblical sense could be seen as not PC friendly"? Except he was not just quoting anything, was he?

Apparently? Did you not read what he said, that hell awaits “drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters”. The others vilify themselves, but those in orange?

So the rights of others means nothing to you? The laws of the land mean nothing to you? So much for the alleged moral high ground Christians often claim to have.
Do they have the right to "freedom of religion" in Australia?

Old 04-11-2019, 10:03 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Typical fundy! Hiding behind Bible verses to insult people. You see it here on CD a lot - verses about being an 'abomination' or 'fool.' But somehow religious privilege is still in effect on here - 'I'm just the messenger' - they say as they sling and exercise some cathartic prose from their "Holy Book".

Old 04-11-2019, 10:06 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Do they have the right to "freedom of religion" in Australia?
Yes, it is based on the US First Amendment.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:09 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Yes, it is based on the US First Amendment.
Thanks!

Old 04-11-2019, 10:33 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
He may have been raised LDS; a lot of Tongans are. He is now active in the Assemblies of God church.
I figured as much, as his behavior, IMO, would be "unbecoming" of someone actively LDS.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:11 AM

283 posts, read 370,030 times
That list sounds kind of like most of the rugby fans I know.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:49 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I always found it odd that people referred to Australia as Oz. Couldn't figure out why.

It just dawned on me that some of you pronounce Australia as Ozstralia, right? Just as some of you pronounce "dawned" as "donned"?

Glad I figured that out. My day was worth living.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:54 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Israel Folau, high profile Australian rugby player.
This in particular on social media:

RA’s integrity unit was investigating Folau after he took to Instagram to proclaim hell awaits “drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters”.

This is directly quoting the Biblical stance on these matters, but is too offensive for a secular society.
Very strange world we live in, where freedom of religion is supposedly allowed, but anything quoted in a biblical sense could be seen as not PC friendly.
Quoting the Bible vilifies people apparently.

Israel Folau is a devout Mormon Christian, and does not even drink alcohol due to his beliefs. (that's one thing I would never have in common with him).
This is Secularism gone mad.
How "evil" of those "secularists" to not "socially" allow the other anti-Mormon players to tattoo on their faces that Mormons will burn in a Lake of Fire for eternity for being Heretics and followers of a false prophet.

Secularism is soooo mad, might as well replace it with theocracy and such "better" things

And yes, some quotes in some particular Bibliolatries do vilify some people, yes. It is not just "apparent" in a bitter and sarcastic way, it is obvious and definitive.

Obviously, his Rugby bosses are as devoutly secular (probably rich Christians) as he is "devoutly" from a 1850s foreign religion from the United States and not from Australia.

Do Mormons not realize that when they sign contracts, they sign contracts?
This reprehensibly fallible man was not representing Ruby plutocrats or Mormons very well.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 04-11-2019 at 12:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality