U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 01:49 AM

329 posts, read 275,897 times

Advertisements

Well, if you have found yourself fighting in a war and bringing harm to others only to have damaged your own mind, soul and body in the process, you may also find yourself looking for a spiritual insurance policy after the fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 03:15 AM

8,032 posts, read 6,946,192 times
The living God through Jesus Christ does not reject people based on their mental abilities or physical deformities , as He gives hope of life to many people here , as the world offers no hope to many people .... Probably a blessing that some people brains got damaged others wise they would never be one with God

Old 04-14-2019, 06:28 AM

307 posts, read 54,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Probably a blessing that some people brains got damaged others wise they would never be one with God
I'm not sure that's the message you really intended??

Last edited by HeelaMonster; 04-14-2019 at 07:00 AM..

Old 04-14-2019, 06:38 AM

3,708 posts, read 732,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The living God through Jesus Christ does not reject people based on their mental abilities or physical deformities , as He gives hope of life to many people here , as the world offers no hope to many people .... Probably a blessing that some people brains got damaged others wise they would never be one with God
That is just sick. Wishing brain damage just to further your view of magical thinking? Disgusting.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:08 AM

37,649 posts, read 10,220,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Just because people had defined such Omni powers into the God they want to believe in is no reason to suspect that God necessarily has any such powers.
What? You are talking of a god that has no power to create everything? Or did that one Act of Creation wear the batteries out?

Old 04-14-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
I'm not sure that's the message you really intended??
It never is. The message is hope for those who got or had a raw deal. The apologetic is that 'there is no Evil in the world that God is running because it all has a Good Reason', and the effect is to intentionally look like God inflicts pain and suffering because it suits him to. The apologists don't intend to look like deathcamp Guards for God, but they never think the apologetics through. They are truly amazed and think they are being unfairly attacked when they get shown in that light.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-14-2019 at 09:25 AM..

Old 04-14-2019, 09:22 AM

9,298 posts, read 2,333,689 times
I read about a scientist recently who created some kind of helmet, that when worn, it can impact or change a persons religious beliefs, It had something to do with stimulating the part of the brain where spirituality/religious beliefs originate. it was very interesting, I forget the name for this helmet, I think they called it the 'God helmet', but I could be wrong. anyone else heard about this?

Old 04-14-2019, 09:24 AM

7,758 posts, read 4,613,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
That is just sick. Wishing brain damage just to further your view of magical thinking? Disgusting.
That is ultimately where Christianity would lead, YOU ARE SAVING THEIR ETERNAL SOUL and ADDING ARMY TO JESUS. So then if lying to them or giving brain damage to them brings them to Jesus then "greater glory" to the Shepard that Fleeces and Eats. This is why Christians also used believed in corporal punishment and substantiated threats. Our Secular Superiority beat them down for the moment though. Their false pride in their false religion has been laid low where it belongs.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:28 AM

7,758 posts, read 4,613,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I read about a scientist recently who created some kind of helmet, that when worn, it can impact or change a persons religious beliefs, It had something to do with stimulating the part of the brain where spirituality/religious beliefs originate. it was very interesting, I forget the name for this helmet, I think they called it the 'God helmet', but I could be wrong. anyone else heard about this?
I thought it just stimulated "spiritual feelings" to significant levels, not actually "change" people's beliefs.
I suppose such stimulated feelings could "impact" a person's beliefs though.

I'll try to read up on it from the primary source and get back to you.

[Edit - could not find much in terms of the primary source. But background info, the apparatus was developed by Stanley Koren and Michael Persinger (RIP 2018), the helmet is less powerful than a fridge magnet and their "studies"(?) have been criticized for not having enough control and have contradicted by many studies and only collaborated by a few. For example, the report that the God-helmet has elicited spiritual, religious and paranormal experiences in the laboratory has been replicated by double-blind placebos and mere sensory depravation. Furthermore, according to scientists, the magnetic signals aren't strong enough to penetrate the cranium, so in the "God-helmet" website it says that the helmet merely "dampens an unknown binding [veiling] factor" to psychic perception. Yet Psychology has already shown that people are highly suggestible and manipulatable.]

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 04-14-2019 at 09:42 AM..

Old 04-14-2019, 09:35 AM

Yes. This is the whole problem of "doing evil that good may come of it" that is such a frightening thing about religion. Decent people doing bad things because they have been told that it's all part of God's ulltimately Good plan, or God's Plan even if it it isn't actually Good. You just want to be on the winning side.

This is why you have to change social thought about religion. If you try to legislate from the top, you may find a couple of billion armed prayer warriors on your doorstep. We already saw what just a few thousand religious fanatics can do, when their Faith tells them them that there is no such thing as a 'soft target' and God will know his own, so kill them all.

Only when organised religion has no support to stand against the will of the people and the people they elected to act for them, will it really be possible to roll back the abuses, and I can retire my soap -box .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or