Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 09:59 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
Hello everybody.

First I know the title is strange but it's not a troll thread.

I have been raised in an non practicant christian family. I have never been much involve in religious thing and i'am a non beleiver.
I used to describe myself as an atheist.

With the years passing. I'am starting to beleive it might be good for me to have something pushing me to be someone better. And some phylosophical stuff can be a good add.

The point is i don't find any religion who correspond me.

My values and the point i want to find in the religion:
* I beleive in freedom, people should have the right do to what they want as long as they d'ont hurt someone else. It includes homosexuality and drinking alcool.
* respect of nature
* work and creating is a positiv stuff
* I DONT beleive in universalism and the "we are all the same" motto. the religion must not contradict patriotism or nationalism or impose immigration.
* I don't beleive in anthropomorphic deity.

Do you see something who can suit me?

here's something to think about, one does not need religion to do what you know is right. It's just that simple, believe it or not, there's no mystery to it it's how you treat yourself and others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 10:33 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,398,473 times
What religion do you recommend for an embittered (though still and always extremely traditional) cynic?

Old 04-21-2019, 02:21 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Thank you. If our Gallic pal is still around he (or she) will take careful note of one religious denomination to be put high on the list of potential religions to be avoided like an infestation of bedbugs.

And baby -eating, of course.

Is that what happened to make you reason so falsely?

Old 04-21-2019, 02:44 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
What religion do you recommend for an embittered (though still and always extremely traditional) cynic?
marriage?

Old 04-22-2019, 12:49 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,064,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Is that what happened to make you reason so falsely?
reason so falsely what?

More than certainly, the Transponding one was swallowed as a child by some heaven-formed monster or another, and then fought his way out of the belly of the beast to emerge triumphant and highly verbose these days.

What a blessing, what a gift. No blame can be laid on the Transponding one, only envy and jealousy. There are some Deluded Gods whose very names are Jealousy, and whose unbalanced faces are hidden in dark clouds. Spoiler alert: it's Yahweh.

False religions that prey on emotion need to be taught about.

Old 04-24-2019, 04:39 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
reason so falsely what?

More than certainly, the Transponding one was swallowed as a child by some heaven-formed monster or another, and then fought his way out of the belly of the beast to emerge triumphant and highly verbose these days.

What a blessing, what a gift. No blame can be laid on the Transponding one, only envy and jealousy. There are some Deluded Gods whose very names are Jealousy, and whose unbalanced faces are hidden in dark clouds. Spoiler alert: it's Yahweh.

False religions that prey on emotion need to be taught about.

Jesus teaches the opposite. He points all to his Father--Hallowed be thy name= YHVH(Jehovah)

Old 04-24-2019, 06:55 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Why do you feel you need a 'religion'. Can you just be atheist?
If a person would like a resurrection back to live life again, then the Christian religion as Jesus taught it would be the one.
- John 4:23-24

Old 04-24-2019, 11:36 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,256,496 times
Quote:
My values and the point i want to find in the religion:
Why do you feel you need a religion?
Quote:
* I beleive in freedom, people should have the right do to what they want as long as they d'ont hurt someone else. It includes homosexuality and drinking alcool.
Religion does not allow freedom of thoughts, expression or individualism.
Quote:
* respect of nature
Nature is great but sadly humans have put a huge dent in cutting down and destroying it. Most humans don't interact with nature and thus don't respect it. Human population continues to grow and with that comes the continued destruction of Nature.
Quote:
* work and creating is a positiv stuff
What type of work? What creations?
Quote:
* I DONT beleive in universalism and the "we are all the same" motto. the religion must not contradict patriotism or nationalism or impose immigration.
I agree. Humans are not created equal in mind body and spirit.
Quote:
* I don't beleive in anthropomorphic deity.
Which again I ask why do you feel you need a religion with a deity to worship?
Quote:
Do you see something who can suit me?
Quite your mind and "go within". Tame the monkey mind and you will find your answers.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:25 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Whatever religion you feel comfortable with, there is nothing that says you have to subscribe to any particular religion or belief should you wish to, the choice is yours and nobody else's. You are the one that has to be comfortable within yourself about whatever belief you choose to participate in.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:42 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
religion, like man, is like every other thing that lived on this planet. it grows until something stops it it or it uses up the resources until it goes extinct.

you can pick a atheist religion or theist religion. But be careful of both. Don't let a statement of belief about religious/god determine what you are. let how you treat others define you.

Pick one that has good parking and the food eats good.
let the rest sort itself out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality