U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 02:00 AM
 
38,977 posts, read 26,230,745 times
Reputation: 5967

Advertisements

God EXISTING is why everything exists. God LIVING is why everything is created and reproducing. God's existence and living requirements determine everything that happens. But as component parts, we are not privy to the whys, but we can investigate the hows. No need for the Creator/Creation nonsense to distract the discussions and no need for any concern over what powers God does or doesn't have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 04:45 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
14,892 posts, read 10,114,972 times
Reputation: 2532
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God EXISTING is why everything exists. God LIVING is why everything is created and reproducing. God's existence and living requirements determine everything that happens.
That is your opinion. There is no reason for anyone else to accept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:52 AM
 
12,280 posts, read 4,688,923 times
Reputation: 1297
I would say that everything existing is why the universe exists.

then, what is the best notion, or idea, that would be the best descriptor of the universe we have?

non life? life? what?

The universe is just way to big, so lets chop it down to size.

The immediate system we are in in? whats the best descriptor we have?

life? nonlife? virus?

pick one and see if it matches peoples behavior we see.

1) non life

does what we see people doing match the claim of non-life?

lmao ... sure does.

lests change the word non-life to "natural"?

well, any knuckle head sees that everything is natural so thats out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:54 AM
 
12,280 posts, read 4,688,923 times
Reputation: 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
That is your opinion. There is no reason for anyone else to accept it.
no more reason to accept his view than accepting basing everything we say your (anti-religious) central dogma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:54 AM
 
Location: Florida
19,291 posts, read 19,454,406 times
Reputation: 22494
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God EXISTING is why everything exists. God LIVING is why everything is created and reproducing. God's existence and living requirements determine everything that happens. But as component parts, we are not privy to the whys, but we can investigate the hows. No need for the Creator/Creation nonsense to distract the discussions and no need for any concern over what powers God does or doesn't have.
If memory serves, you mentioned that this is your belief "one or two" times before
Is there some reason for doing so yet again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:56 AM
 
12,280 posts, read 4,688,923 times
Reputation: 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If memory serves, you mentioned that this is your belief one or two times before
Is there some reason for doing so yet again?
this can be said for us all.

in fact, its all the same at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:00 AM
 
3,867 posts, read 2,485,764 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If memory serves, you mentioned that this is your belief "one or two" times before
Is there some reason for doing so yet again?
That's the sort of thing you can expect on a religion and spirituality forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
12,951 posts, read 5,276,973 times
Reputation: 5035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God EXISTING is why everything exists. God LIVING is why everything is created and reproducing. God's existence and living requirements determine everything that happens. But as component parts, we are not privy to the whys, but we can investigate the hows. No need for the Creator/Creation nonsense to distract the discussions and no need for any concern over what powers God does or doesn't have.
Itís true because you say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:14 AM
 
5,588 posts, read 2,183,773 times
Reputation: 2105
It still doesn't answer as to where or how your God came to be. I see where if we all assume that there is a God and he always was there would be no problem. But if we all agreed that Napi is the only one true God then which God is no longer needed to be discussed.

Assuming that MysticPhD is always absolutely correct eliminates the need for any discussion at all, but is that a goal that everyone wants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
14,892 posts, read 10,114,972 times
Reputation: 2532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
no more reason to accept his view than accepting basing everything we say your (anti-religious) central dogma.
You left out commie/socialist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top