U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM
 
12,429 posts, read 4,711,426 times
Reputation: 1304

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Today's fundies still buy into the Satan thing. It's part of what makes them so dangerous.
sometimes i wish humans just went blue screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
13,860 posts, read 8,806,104 times
Reputation: 9418
The ONLY group I know that worships Satan/Lucifer are The Temple Of Set, and of course those who have watched one too many horror movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM
 
3,894 posts, read 2,493,984 times
Reputation: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That you can believe there would be such a tragic figure for ANY reason boggles the mind. What conceivable reason would such a being have for doing what you claim given what its fate will be in any case? What's the point? At least you have this part correct and we have nothing to do with it.
You certainly have to keep shaming posters into not discussing satan because it is a historical portion of some peoples belief systems but you do good job in letting them not it's not a part of yours and those discussions will not be tolerated here, just like your version of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Secured. Sealed. Loved. Eternally. I <3 You Jesus!
13,259 posts, read 6,865,923 times
Reputation: 4808
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That you can believe there would be such a tragic figure for ANY reason boggles the mind. What conceivable reason would such a being have for doing what you claim given what its fate will be in any case? What's the point?
Man is not keen to know the things of God, as no one seeks God (Psalm 14:2-3). We must be perfect, as God is perfect (Matthew 5:48). All sin is done against the eternal God, so it carries an eternal penalty. Only Jesus--the Son of God, the eternal God Himself--could pay the penalty for us, so that by His imputed righteousness we may be saved (2 Corinthians 5:21).


Quote:
Quote:
Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. (John 14:6)
At least you have this part correct and we have nothing to do with it.
No, we have nothing to do with it, but the Bible teaches plainly that not all will be saved. The "second death" in the "lake of fire" is taught plainly. (Revelation 20:14-15, Revelation 21:8)

Do you quarrel with God on the matter of damnation? Who are you to do so?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM
 
12,429 posts, read 4,711,426 times
Reputation: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Man is not keen to know the things of God, as no one seeks God (Psalm 14:2-3). We must be perfect, as God is perfect (Matthew 5:48). All sin is done against the eternal God, so it carries an eternal penalty. Only Jesus--the Son of God, the eternal God Himself--could pay the penalty for us, so that by His imputed righteousness we may be saved (2 Corinthians 5:21).




No, we have nothing to do with it, but the Bible teaches plainly that not all will be saved. The "second death" in the "lake of fire" is taught plainly. (Revelation 20:14-15, Revelation 21:8)

Do you quarrel with God on the matter of damnation? Who are you to do so?!
god? we are quarreling with what you say god said. God didn't say what you said he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
 
12,429 posts, read 4,711,426 times
Reputation: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You certainly have to keep shaming posters into not discussing satan because it is a historical portion of some peoples belief systems but you do good job in letting them not it's not a part of yours and those discussions will not be tolerated here, just like your version of God.
when people keep referring to Satan, we need to keep calling that out as nonsense.

just because the earth was considered the centered of the universe doesn't mean we have to let people judge others based on that "historical" claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
 
39,073 posts, read 26,262,057 times
Reputation: 5972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
god? we are quarreling with what you say god said. God didn't say what you said he said.
That will be the central issue when dealing with fundamentalists, Arach. They don't even pretend to try to test whether or not what they attribute to God or Jesus is compatible with the true nature of God and Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
 
3,894 posts, read 2,493,984 times
Reputation: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
when people keep referring to Satan, we need to keep calling that out as nonsense.

just because the earth was considered the centered of the universe doesn't mean we have to let people judge others based on that "historical" claim.
Especially so on a religion and spirituallity forum! Let them take those questions/concerns elsewhere or be silent about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM
 
12,429 posts, read 4,711,426 times
Reputation: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Especially so on a religion and spirituallity forum! Let them take those questions elsewhere.
well, maybe its the "shaming" I should be addressing. shaming is ok sometimes IMO. trying to humiliate them isn't cool on the internet. Mystic, although straight forward, is about that.

In fact, the more god/satan claims line up with science observations, the better off we all are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
 
3,894 posts, read 2,493,984 times
Reputation: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
well, maybe its the "shaming" I should be addressing. shaming is ok sometimes IMO. trying to humiliate them isn't cool on the internet. Mystic, although straight forward, is about that.

In fact, the more god/satan claims line up with science observations, the better off we all are.
Yes, it helps to control the topics, otherwise people may become to relax in thinking they can discuss all things religious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top