U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 07:31 PM

12,511 posts, read 4,723,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
trout. You can't quote the gif. He was demonstrating his usual childish displeasure with the posts.
what trout means to me, and i agree 100% with him, if it wasn't for Fundy think types our beliefs systems would have evolved past left-wing/right wing and god/no god. we would be discussing the best way to describe the universe while helping as many of us as we can.

none of it based on a religions view of god. it would be based on making stuff and helping people.

the good news is I think that happens in 200 years or less. wait, I had my cell phone for two years now ... make that 198 years or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 07:35 PM

3,908 posts, read 2,497,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
if it wasn't for Fundy think types our beliefs systems would have evolved past left-wing/right wing and god/no god. we would be discussing the best way to describe the universe while helping as many of us as we can.

none of it based on a religions view of god. it would be based on making stuff and helping people.

the good news is I think that happens in 200 years or less. wait, I had my cell phone for two years now ... make that 198 years or less.
No one is keeping you from going over to the science forum and discussing how the universe works. You have to specifically log into this area in order to get flustered about religion and spirituality.

Old 04-19-2019, 09:44 PM

12,511 posts, read 4,723,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
No one is keeping you from going over to the science forum and discussing how the universe works. You have to specifically log into this area in order to get flustered about religion and spirituality.
You kind of make sense in a zen light. I actually laughed when I read this.

are you practing zen?

Old 04-19-2019, 11:59 PM

14,980 posts, read 10,142,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
There's nothing contradictory about the Bible.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!

Quote:
The prophesies initially contained in Scripture are fulfilled by Jesus.
OT prophecy that that relies on the NT for confirmation. Circular reasoning.

Old 04-20-2019, 02:20 AM

8,035 posts, read 6,955,831 times
satan would come and haunt your home because you dabbled into his authority of occult arts then you would change your mind about satanism

Old 04-20-2019, 03:51 AM

14,980 posts, read 10,142,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
satan would come and haunt your home because you dabbled into his authority of occult arts then you would change your mind about satanism
I am not frightened by superstition...and anyone who is shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:09 AM

37,857 posts, read 10,276,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
If the FSM appeared in your bedroom at night and waggled His Noodly appendages at you, you'd believe in Him allright.

Waving superstitious fantasies around as impalpable attempts at intimidation are just something to laugh at.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:03 AM

14,408 posts, read 4,774,667 times
Israel had to look upon the viper on a pole in order to be healed, and this only pointed to Jesus being that snake upon a pole, and we claim that Jesus crushed the head of the vipor in death, and we also claim that the head of the snake will be healed after it was crushed by Jesus.

The prophesy God spoke to Eve was that one day a son would be born of her, and he would crush the head of the snake.

Adam and Eve WERE the most beautiful creature, it was their problem, that creature was their covering in the garden before they sinned, and when they went against God, they became naked because they fell, and their covering fell, and now they needed a new covering.

Satan is the evil incliniation within all people, and the proof that he is there, is that we have no strength to not sin.

Satan is described in the prophets and he is made of precious stones, he was perfect. Mankind was perfect, until the whole being fell. What we see in the last chapters of Revelation is describing the return of the most beautiful creature. When Revelation begins depicting the temple/CITY(A Human), we then see the return of the precious covering of precious stones, and the ONLY REASON for Revelation to describes those stones in such a way, it is ONLY to refer us right back to where we find those same stones in the Old Testament, there can be no mistake about this, that depiction of the city built in precious stones was to point us right back to what Satan was, and what Satan looked like before the fall when he was the most beautiful creature.

That city in Revelation is describing what a person is and what he looks like after his transformation, it is not a place, a person is a temple, and the temple became a city. When we look up the word,'' City,'' in the New Testament, it shows us one person, that they are a city set upon a hill.

Does Satan really talk to God?

Does Satan ask that disciples should be handed over to him so that he can sift them as wheat in order to make them righteous?

Are disciples handed over to Satan that he may refine them as gold?

How is a person handed over to Satan?

Old 04-20-2019, 11:38 AM

13,862 posts, read 8,813,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post

There is nothing to support your views, and no way to test them. We have the written Word of God, and we can use that to test anyone who claims to speak God's truth. Where does your idea of Jesus come from? In fact, in the Bible, He spoke more about hell than heaven.

No, the Bible we written By man inspired by God supposedly, given that you cant prove God is real were back to the Bible being written by man.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:22 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,046,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
No, the Bible we written By man inspired by God supposedly, given that you cant prove God is real were back to the Bible being written by man.
Written by men who brag about being lying scum sucking sinner from birth, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or