U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2019, 11:05 PM
 
Location: USA
15,885 posts, read 8,046,174 times
Reputation: 2092

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Is love jealous/envious though?

Because Yahweh says "I am jealousy/envy"

And Paul says "God is Love. Love is not jealous/envious."
I do not believe love is jealous. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2019, 11:33 PM
 
39,202 posts, read 26,335,603 times
Reputation: 5985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I do not believe love is jealous. What do you think?
agree. It is only selfish, self-protective insecurity that breeds jealousy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 01:56 AM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,865 posts, read 4,646,626 times
Reputation: 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I do not believe love is jealous. What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
agree. It is only selfish, self-protective insecurity that breeds jealousy.
Love is not jealous. Even if Yahweh is.

Humans often are. Because they are selfish, self-protective, and insecure breeders.
They mix those baser qualities with their basic statistical goodness and they think their jealousy is part of their good love.

Then again, jealousy is not masochistically dumb and naive; even if it can be narcissistically dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 06:00 AM
 
Location: USA
15,885 posts, read 8,046,174 times
Reputation: 2092
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Love is not jealous. Even if Yahweh is.

Humans often are. Because they are selfish, self-protective, and insecure breeders.
They mix those baser qualities with their basic statistical goodness and they think their jealousy is part of their good love...
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 12:39 PM
 
4,523 posts, read 1,155,656 times
Reputation: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Strong's, online. Blueletterbible.org. As I said, I was referencing the root word from which the Greek word for "wrath" was derived, (according to Strong's).

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G3713&t=KJV

to stretch one's self out in order to touch or to grasp something, to reach after or desire something
yes but the rooot of that word is Oro's and it means

" used also by rabbinical writings, to remove mountains, i. e. to accomplish most difficult, stupendous, incredible things:"

it is relandscaping the terrain of mankind mind and heart and the earth.. .. .. His desire is to make all things new and has been called to put all powers under his feet inorder that he can give it back to the Father so that all things can be made new and all things of the powers of death and
hell and and sin .... all things of and attached to rebellion and pride , arrogance is to be put places they can never effect anyone ever again.
that is his work his tremendous work.,... He is very intent on grasping that goal....


in the the Father's wrath .. it says..
The Seven Bowls

Rev 16:1


Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go and pour out the bowls[fn] of the wrath of God on the earth.”
First Bowl: Loathsome Sores

Rev 16:2


So the first went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image.
Second Bowl: The Sea Turns to Blood

Rev 16:3


Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became blood as of a dead man; and every living creature in the sea died.
Third Bowl: The Waters Turn to Blood

Rev 16:4


Then the third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood.

Rev 16:5

And I heard the angel of the waters saying:

“You are righteous, O Lord,[fn]
The One who is and who was and who is to be,[fn]
Because You have judged these things.

Rev 16:6

For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets,
And You have given them blood to drink.
For[fn] it is their just due.”

Rev 16:7


And I heard another from[fn] the altar saying, “Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are Your judgments.”
Fourth Bowl: Men Are Scorched

Rev 16:8


Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire.

Rev 16:9

And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory.
Fifth Bowl: Darkness and Pain

Rev 16:10


Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom became full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues because of the pain.

Rev 16:11

They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and did not repent of their deeds.
Sixth Bowl: Euphrates Dried Up

Rev 16:12


Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared.

Rev 16:13

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Rev 16:14

For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and[fn] of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Rev 16:15


“Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”

Rev 16:16


And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.[fn]
Seventh Bowl: The Earth Utterly Shaken

Rev 16:17


Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, “It is done!”

Rev 16:18

And there were noises and thunderings and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such a mighty and great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the earth.

Rev 16:19

Now the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. And great Babylon was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath.

Rev 16:20

Then every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

Rev 16:21

And great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, since that plague was exceedingly great.






does this chapter sound anything like what your ideas of what wrath of God is ? because those are thee bowls of his wrath and why he sent them..

you know there is a curse for changing the true intent and thus meaning of one word of this book of REVelation right? meaning no one has changed one word of it since it was written.. the intent stands..
so should we all just ignore chapter 16? and heck 21 ... where he speaks of the pit where death and hell are destroyed for ever? because I want that day to come! I want all in hell now to get out and make their choices and be ended or to set free to live in his kingdom age..

so we can just keep living in all this mess men made forever?

rape pillage beheadings and all the things people do to their very own seed and as hell is in exsistance right now when all die... youo are the ones wanting it to go on fgor eternity.. how cruel!! ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 01:06 PM
 
4,523 posts, read 1,155,656 times
Reputation: 234
all earlier chapters speak of christs judgments ... it is given once for a man to live then "judgement"

his judgments after he releases those from hell.. are for the purpose of restoration.. he is sending momma and her girls!

to help restore them.. to teach men righteousness..

if theylearn and repent and stayloyal and do not rise up .. they can live on into his new life..

but some will not stay down..
the Father's bowls of wrath is for them.
and he has every right.
will some learn righteousness then before the pit and before innhilation.. maybe?

them getting a better veiw of both the depths of hell in mens minds.. of their own minds and the beauty and grace that they could and probably still can have been part of.. with just repentance. just a change of heart..

I believe that Jesus will let them repent just like the one next to him on the cross even up to the last minute.. and even for those who don't ...maybe leave them someplace else.. to think it over a while.. waterless dimensions where demons hate so much.. or such..

we have to deal with this !!
as it says in the last verses of rev..




Rev 22:15

But[fn] outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.


but look at these.....they been through the judgments/ teaching.. time of learning repenatnce.. And what he requires.. not what you all think you should do. But what he says you should do and be.. . and these have been through the Father's time of wrath even and the 1000 years of grace.... still didn't change.
yes some will go into the pit with Satan and the anti Christ..

but there is
these still other options.. and cerve balls..... one is those " OUTside " and must of been those who were " good" in the own minds.. or good enough but still decided that they did not need Him. They didnt need His kind of fixes.... Maybe because they were convinced that He has to forgive them , because they became justified in their minds of their
own sins and rebellion.. .

But what is also just as clear are those previous two verses...

Rev 22:13

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”[fn]

Rev 22:14


Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.


everyone else is " outside " if they can't come inside.....whatever that means..and just as clear and even more clear is they will not be eating from any of the TREES of LIFE and healing !!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 04-24-2019 at 01:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 01:16 PM
 
4,523 posts, read 1,155,656 times
Reputation: 234
I want the hell that is going on now to end.. the suffering and torment that is happening now !

you all worried about the one a thousand years from now..
there is a whole lot of stuff going to happen between now and then.
torment is happening right now.. in the hell men created by walking away from God and staying there.. held..in their own minds and men created that power that holds them NOw..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 04-24-2019 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 01:24 PM
 
Location: USA
15,885 posts, read 8,046,174 times
Reputation: 2092
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
yes but the rooot of that word is Oro's and it means

" used also by rabbinical writings, to remove mountains, i. e. to accomplish most difficult, stupendous, incredible things:"

it is relandscaping the terrain of mankind mind and heart and the earth.. .. .. His desire is to make all things new and has been called to put all powers under his feet inorder that he can give it back to the Father so that all things can be made new and all things of the powers of death and
hell and and sin .... all things of and attached to rebellion and pride , arrogance is to be put places they can never effect anyone ever again.
that is his work his tremendous work.,... He is very intent on grasping that goal....


"Relandscaping of the mind and heart". I think that's a great way of putting it.

This type of internal process cannot be reached through threats and punishment, of course. Those things may control a person's external behavior to an extent, but they will not achieve a lasting positive internal change.


Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
[snipped quoted Revelation passage]
does this chapter sound anything like what your ideas of what wrath of God is ? because those are thee bowls of his wrath and why he sent them..

you know there is a curse for changing the true intent and thus meaning of one word of this book of REVelation right? meaning no one has changed one word of it since it was written.. the intent stands..
so should we all just ignore chapter 16? and heck 21 ... where he speaks of the pit where death and hell are destroyed for ever?
I'm no longer swayed by the curses penned by long dead ancient men. Someone seeking to control people through threats and curses is certainly not a worthy spokesperson for a God who is love.


Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
because I want that day to come! I want all in hell now to get out and make their choices and be ended or to set free to live in his kingdom age..

so we can just keep living in all this mess men made forever?

rape pillage beheadings and all the things people do to their very own seed and as hell is in exsistance right now when all die... youo are the ones wanting it to go on fgor eternity.. how cruel!! ..

I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. You seem to me to be implying that I want people to be punished in some mythical eternal place of torment, but I'm fairly certain that you know by now that I do not believe any such place exists. So, that can't really be what you are trying to imply. What are you trying to say, nX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 01:48 PM
 
4,523 posts, read 1,155,656 times
Reputation: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
"Relandscaping of the mind and heart". I think that's a great way of putting it.

Quote:
This type of internal process cannot be reached through threats and punishment, of course. Those things may control a person's external behavior to an extent, but they will not achieve a lasting positive internal change.
stop telling God his business.. you don't know how they can be reached and not all will be.. we still have a will.




Quote:
I'm no longer swayed by the curses penned by long dead ancient men. Someone seeking to control people through threats and curses is certainly not a worthy spokesperson for a God who is love.


I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. You seem to me to be implying that I want people to be punished in some mythical eternal place of torment, but I'm fairly certain that you know by now that I do not believe any such place exists. So, that can't really be what you are trying to imply. What are you trying to say, nX?
hell is Now and it is in the minds of men Now and hell it exsists Now, it exsists as a place to hide from God's authority right now, both in and out of death ..
and it matter not what you think about it.

so I can not wait for the resurrection for all those who will repent can be released from there.
what is just as sure as there is a hell right now, is that those who do not repent and learn wil Not enter into
eternal life and thus get access to the treees that give us eternal life and righteous wisdom and knowledge...
that only comes by being in his book of life.. that means repentance now.
and it is and matter not one hill of beans what you or me or anyone thinks about it..
it comes.. because he is !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 01:56 PM
 
Location: USA
3,348 posts, read 1,212,747 times
Reputation: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
hell is Now and it is in the minds of men Now and hell it exsists Now, it exsists as a place to hide from God's authority right now, both in and out of death ..
and it matter not what you think about it.

so I can not wait for the resurrection for all those who will repent can be released from there.
what is just as sure as there is a hell right now, is that those who do not repent and learn wil Not enter into
eternal life and thus get access to the treees that give us eternal life and righteous wisdom and knowledge...
that only comes by being in his book of life.. that means repentance now.
and it is and matter not one hill of beans what you or me or anyone thinks about it..
it comes.. because he is !
If hell is now, why did Satan allow air conditioning to be invented?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top