U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 07:02 PM

5,007 posts, read 2,468,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
If hell is now, why did Satan allow air conditioning to be invented?
Biblical hell is ' now ' because the Bible's hell is simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead.
Can anyone think of anyone righteous that went to hell the day he died ___________
Righteous dead Jesus went to the Bible's hell (aka grave) on the day he died as per Acts 2:27
I say sleeping dead ( Not roasting dead ) because Jesus and the OT teach ' sleep ' in death:
- John 11:11-14; Psalm 115:17; Psalm 146:4; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Thus, we do Not want to confuse the religious-myth hell teaching of burning forever with the Bible's temporary hell or grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 07:08 PM

5,007 posts, read 2,468,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I do not believe love is jealous. What do you think?
First of all, we do Not want to confuse being jealous with envy.
An envious person does Not want you to have what you have, they might even want to damage what you have.
Whereas, scriptural jealousy can be a positive quality or emotion - compare Proverbs 14:30 with Zech. 1:14.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:23 AM

15,885 posts, read 8,046,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
First of all, we do Not want to confuse being jealous with envy.
An envious person does Not want you to have what you have, they might even want to damage what you have.
Whereas, scriptural jealousy can be a positive quality or emotion - compare Proverbs 14:30 with Zech. 1:14.
How about you just put it into your own words, Matt? What do you think "spiritual jealousy" is, and how can it be positive?

A dictionary definition of jealousy includes this:

(of God) demanding faithfulness and exclusive worship

And yet, the biblical definition of love [God IS love] says that love is not jealous and does not demand it's own way. That's a conundrum for those who think that there are not contradicting views of God's nature within the bible.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:43 AM

15,885 posts, read 8,046,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
hell is Now and it is in the minds of men Now and hell it exsists Now, it exsists as a place to hide from God's authority right now, both in and out of death ..
and it matter not what you think about it.

so I can not wait for the resurrection for all those who will repent can be released from there.
what is just as sure as there is a hell right now, is that those who do not repent and learn wil Not enter into
eternal life and thus get access to the treees that give us eternal life and righteous wisdom and knowledge...
that only comes by being in his book of life.. that means repentance now.
and it is and matter not one hill of beans what you or me or anyone thinks about it..
it comes.. because he is !

Can you explain how threats and punishment can achieve a positive internal transformation, rather than simply external control? If you can't, and you persist in claiming that whatever you say is God's truth and therefore cannot be questioned, then I guess we're done here for now.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:31 PM

7,865 posts, read 4,646,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
If hell is now, why did Satan allow air conditioning to be invented?
That badly written fool (that strikes fearful respect into many religious people based on their myths) allows good things in our existence for the greater evil my friend. Satan allows goodness so that you know how bad you have it once you have it bad.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:21 PM

39,202 posts, read 26,335,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Can you explain how threats and punishment can achieve a positive internal transformation, rather than simply external control? If you can't, and you persist in claiming that whatever you say is God's truth and therefore cannot be questioned, then I guess we're done here for now.

Old Today, 09:02 AM

16,027 posts, read 7,497,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
That badly written fool (that strikes fearful respect into many religious people based on their myths) allows good things in our existence for the greater evil my friend. Satan allows goodness so that you know how bad you have it once you have it bad.
Yeah, did you ever have your a/c break down in August?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or