U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:58 AM

21,421 posts, read 10,004,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Well, my own experience has been accompanied by supernatural signs in my own life, which have conveyed clear Biblical meaning to me. Convincing me that this is unreal somehow is just a nonstarter. As this seems like a personal question, I suppose I should give a personal (albeit nonspecific) answer.

People of other religions may have supernatural experiences. There are demons that are capable of causing such things. As for Islam, we know that Muhammad was said to have been visited numerous times by the angel Gabriel. I am inclined to believe such supernatural visitations indeed occurred, but they weren't by the angel Gabriel but rather by a great impostor and the father of lies:

On a side note, no one should ever believe any stories about supernatural signs if they do not conform to the Bible. The Bible is how we are to test the spirits. The fact that real supernatural occurrences can be seen among non-Christians in no way undermines our own faith. Really, it strengthens it, by showing that supernatural events do happen.

Supernatural signs.
Demons.
The great imposter.
The father of lies.
The bible is how we test the spirits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:56 AM

38,024 posts, read 10,345,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Well, my own experience has been accompanied by supernatural signs in my own life, which have conveyed clear Biblical meaning to me. Convincing me that this is unreal somehow is just a nonstarter. As this seems like a personal question, I suppose I should give a personal (albeit nonspecific) answer.

People of other religions may have supernatural experiences. There are demons that are capable of causing such things. As for Islam, we know that Muhammad was said to have been visited numerous times by the angel Gabriel. I am inclined to believe such supernatural visitations indeed occurred, but they weren't by the angel Gabriel but rather by a great impostor and the father of lies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Rhj-jF9vo

On a side note, no one should ever believe any stories about supernatural signs if they do not conform to the Bible. The Bible is how we are to test the spirits. The fact that real supernatural occurrences can be seen among non-Christians in no way undermines our own faith. Really, it strengthens it, by showing that supernatural events do happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvQOVVF0ZoI
We already did this one. Given that none of this 'evidence'in the Gospels is reliable (especially Luke's nativity ) it is more liikely (on the face of it) that the Gospels are more mendacious than the Quran. So Islam looks less satanic than the Gospels, on bald evaluation.

I didn't bother to watch the video on belief in demons.
(a) the mind plays tricks - serious tricks.
(b)even if these visions were reflecting reality, you can't be sure that they are 'demons'rather than say - some unknown species or even aliens that didn't exist on our normal terrestrial environment.
(c) even if Demons they were, that doesn't prove any one religion - just like an afterlife, soul or even a sorta-god does not validate any particular religion.

Old Today, 02:00 PM

27,418 posts, read 14,765,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
We already did this one. Given that none of this 'evidence'in the Gospels is reliable (especially Luke's nativity ) it is more liikely (on the face of it) that the Gospels are more mendacious than the Quran. So Islam looks less satanic than the Gospels, on bald evaluation.

I didn't bother to watch the video on belief in demons.
(a) the mind plays tricks - serious tricks.
(b)even if these visions were reflecting reality, you can't be sure that they are 'demons'rather than say - some unknown species or even aliens that didn't exist on our normal terrestrial environment.
(c) even if Demons they were, that doesn't prove any one religion - just like an afterlife, soul or even a sorta-god does not validate any particular religion.
mendacious?...You Do know that you cannot use foreign words without supplying a translation, donít you?...

Old Today, 02:37 PM

3,656 posts, read 1,891,839 times
I could call myself a Scottish man. Does that make me one?

What if I wore a kilt?

Yeah, the kilt would convince some simple people. LOL.

Old Today, 08:14 PM

7,861 posts, read 4,644,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I could call myself a Scottish man. Does that make me one?

What if I wore a kilt?

Yeah, the kilt would convince some simple people. LOL.
No true Scotsman would be seen without a kilt these days. Perhaps in the bygone years when being "true" meant something different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or