U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 09:15 PM

7,859 posts, read 4,644,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Why do certain skeptics make up lies then claim what they say is truth? Shameful!
Of course, Jesus would not applaud modern Christians.

Sure, I was being tongue-in-cheek about there being that many Christian assassins around, But

Shameful Lies?

Are you telling me you are ignorant of the Assassination and Mass Destruction attempts carried out and paid for by Christian Assassins and Christian Leaders/Employers of assassins?

Sure, I assume some are good people.

I'm sure this hits deep into your emotions, but let's be rational here. Hitler was a Baptised Christian, that ruled over Christians, regardless of his personal faith struggles with his cabinet having a preference of failed/natural-unselected-against pagan German religions and his personal preference for the more-self-defensive/improperly-reactionary Islam. That he wanted a "purer, more German, more violent Christianity (or whatever religion)" does not make him "anti-Christian" ruling over CHRISTIANS THAT VOTED FOR HIM AFTER HE WROTE OFTEN AND SAID PUBLICALLY OFTEN THAT HE WAS CHRISTIAN.

Subsequently, banning Atheists clubs as "too 'goody-goody dummy' likely Communists."

But aren't their leaders dropping bombs in random far away areas that never could even hope to threaten them? Haven't their Christian leaders funded multiple successful and unsuccessful assassination attempts?

Japan wanted to own their area's chunk of the Pacific. The US Atomic bombed two of their cities to say "no, this belongs to OUR rich, since they are richer than yours, and LOOK you are even doing some bad things over here, unlike us who never do anything bad."

Did a Muslim country develop Atomic bombs with Love? Then why would Christian Leaders?

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 04-23-2019 at 09:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 09:18 PM

8,275 posts, read 8,973,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Of course, Jesus would not applaud modern Christians.

Sure, I was being tongue-in-cheek about there being that many Christian."
Have you noticed how some skeptics will back pedal when called out?

Old 04-23-2019, 09:26 PM

25,187 posts, read 13,090,877 times
Quote:
No.

But I've sure noticed how many Christian fundies turn tail when confront with rationality.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Backpedal what? You edited my post.
Is that somehow not a type of a shameful lie? Is that what Jesus would applaud?

The Christians applauded when they elected Hitler and then he became their Fuhrer.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:36 PM

8,275 posts, read 8,973,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Backpedal what? You edited my post.
Is that somehow not a type of a shameful lie? Is that what Jesus would applaud?
Trimming a post to center on what one wants to respond to is a common practice. Get over it. Some poster (you) trimmed my post #11. Did I complain? No.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Trimming a post to center on what one wants to respond to is a common practice. Get over it. Some poster (you) trimmed my post #11. Did I complain? No.
You can trim my posts, as long as they don't contradict your interpretation of them in the very things you trimmed away.

So I ask you again in simpler terms: WHAT is it that you perceive that am I back peddling?

Was it my use of the phrase "tongue in cheek" that triggered you to say I was, in fact, not originally tonge-in-cheek but instead only changing my position on something (or backing down a bit on my position) for absolutely no reason (other than you unreasonably and back-handedly calling me "[one of those] skeptics" who are "lying" "shameful[ly]")?

So again: what did I "back down/peddle" on?

What was I too lukewarm on after for you? Because young criticizer, I can make the water Freeze and Boil!

Old 04-24-2019, 12:11 AM

4,404 posts, read 803,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You're right, of course. He hated Christianity. But he did use it to further his agenda.
An assertion without evidence that ignores Hitlers thoughts on Christianity he made in his personal library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
But it's too much to expect people around her to be objective and see that. It doesn't serve the narrative.
You invent stupid excuses that ignore the evidence. The only person with an agenda is you. But it's too much to expect a honest, objective answer from you.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Obviously you didn't hear about Bonhoeffer's assassination plot.
And what about the remaining Christians?

Quote:
But it doesn't fit the atheist narrative. Nothing truthful ever does.
Yet it is you who and your fellow Christians who need to lie all the time.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:19 AM

Quote:
It's interesting the Dietrich Bonhoeffer was not aware of the atrocities until after he visited black-gospel churches in America, then returned to Germany and his eyes were really opened.
Except he visited the US BEFORE the atrocities began. Why do you need to invent all the time?

Moderator cut: Hateful remarks and the response are deleted.

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-24-2019 at 04:45 AM.. Reason: Edited

Old 04-24-2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Why do certain skeptics make up lies then claim what they say is truth? Shameful!
Yet you do not attack the Christians here for lying. BF. Ozzy. Have you no shame?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or