U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 03:25 PM
Status: "Apparently being "treemoni" is its own offense. :)" (set 19 hours ago)

3,774 posts, read 1,960,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The problem is you want a one size fits all type scenario. Real life doesn't work that way. Everyone is on a unique path so God's response to prayer is in relation to your own unique path. Life isn't fair. We don't all get to have the same things, the same talents. There is a purpose behind everything. Just like every other creation serves a purpose even cockroaches. It's all perfectly balanced.
I agree with this. I don't see any miracle here. We are way more powerful than we can imagine, but out minds are so stuck in "the matrix" that we haven't tapped into the impossible. I also think this world is now filled with SO MUCH evil that some of our abilities have been "cut off" until the appointed time. I wholeheartedly believe if we had access to the universal memory we would be amazed at what we could do thousands or millions of years ago. Billions maybe, because do any of us really know how old the earth is? There is no guarantee that each generation gets better. I actually believe we are headed toward some of our worst and lowest times in history. Everything goes in cycles. There are forces on earth that don't want humanity to ascend, because they know they will be left behind, so they are doing everything possible to keep us in a low vibration. All that is to say...never underestimate a person's will to live. The boy is young. He is probably in a better position to survive a fall than most of us here. I do believe humans are capable of regrowing limbs. If a plant (with no apparent brain) can regenerate, why can't we? Again...I think we have been "cut off" from that ability, and rightly so. Nothing we've done has shown God we are ready for greater powers. Quite the opposite. In man's world, you can skip grades and be unfairly promoted beyond your capabilities. There is no cronyism in God's world. You will repeat the grade until your learn the lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 03:50 PM

1,602 posts, read 513,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
There is no guarantee that each generation gets better. I actually believe we are headed toward some of our worst and lowest times in history.
While I agree with the first part, the second part has me scratching my head... In what way are we headed towards something worse than our past? I know a lot of people look back at the "good ole times", but it was only that way for some. Most people would agree we have moved forward, and things are heading into a better direction than the past. Yes, there are hiccups and issues, obviously, but are the ones now worse than, say the 1950's? 1930's? 1890's? I don't think many people would argue that any further back than those is "better" than what we have now, either.

Old 04-24-2019, 04:07 PM

This depends on your culture. Mine was definitely better off in the past. Yours may be seeing their glory days. If so...enjoy it while it lasts!

Old 04-24-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
Except that these were not consequences of the the little boy's free will actions....
...but you don't know this. How do you know the kid hasn't harmed an animal by throwing it over some railing, or how do you know the boys' parents haven't harmed someone else's child and not asked for forgiveness? Or maybe stood by while some injured person needed help? These are poor examples, but just because something looks one way to you doesn't mean it's that way. You don't know any of these people's lives, thoughts, and hearts. Only God does.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:01 PM

37,995 posts, read 10,339,015 times
I see. The kid (or his parents) annoyed God, so he had it coming. So the miracle is that he suffered injuries. Well done God. But he didn't do a very good job as Goddless human medicine brought him through.

You want to think that one through again?

Old 04-24-2019, 05:03 PM

6,419 posts, read 5,980,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

The whole limb growing back argument is pretty ridiculous. God only gave us one body. He is not going to provide us with a new body or body parts. (and if he did, atheists would just say limbs can regrow in certain people, perfectly normal!)
Sounds like God has a no replacement policy.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I see. The kid (or his parents) annoyed God, so he had it coming. So the miracle is that he suffered injuries. Well done God. But he didn't do a very good job as Goddless human medicine brought him through.

You want to think that one through again?
In a minute I am going to stop addressing you because it's not worth it. Your purpose for being here is clear, but I'll humor you this time. I'll try to break it down in basic terms:

Everyone has a unique life plan. Well, I'm not so sure the adversarial entities do, but let's no complicate things. Depending on who you ask, our life goals are planned before we get here. You map out what it is you want to learn, then you come here. All your past lives (if you believe in that sort of thing) are then forgotten (aka "veiled") so you don't have access to them while you're here. Why? Because you are supposed to figure out, based on recurring patterns in your life, what you came here to learn and correct your mistakes.

So...you don't know about that boy OR his parents' past lives. You don't know how the various pieces of their lives are working together OR how their situation has impacted OTHER people. You don't know who may have been changed as a result of what happened to this boy. Maybe someone who hated children felt compassion for the hurt little boy. YOU DON'T KNOW. So you don't know how the event fits into God's grand plan.

God doesn't do bad things to you. That is the role of the adversary. God will protect you, and God will remove that protection depending on whether you are obedient to his rules. Not going to get into what the "rules" are. You can consult the bible for that. But on an elementary level: are you acting out of love, or are you acting out of fear? It's simple. Every single human action can be reduced to one of those options. It's either or. It cannot be both. Just think of life as one big Choose Your Own Adventure. You can choose the path of life (love), or you can choose the path of death (fear). You decide.

The boy is still alive. To me, that is God's grace. You can choose to view it another way.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:29 PM

12,576 posts, read 4,754,719 times
Quote:
In a minute I am going to stop addressing you because it's not worth it. Your purpose for being here is clear, but I'll humor you this time. I'll try to break it down in basic terms:

Everyone has a unique life plan. Well, I'm not so sure the adversarial entities do, but let's no complicate things. Depending on who you ask, our life goals are planned before we get here. You map out what it is you want to learn, then you come here. All your past lives (if you believe in that sort of thing) are then forgotten (aka "veiled") so you don't have access to them while you're here. Why? Because you are supposed to figure out, based on recurring patterns in your life, what you came here to learn and correct your mistakes.

So...you don't know about that boy OR his parents' past lives. You don't know how the various pieces of their lives are working together OR how their situation has impacted OTHER people. You don't know who may have been changed as a result of what happened to this boy. Maybe someone who hated children felt compassion for the hurt little boy. YOU DON'T KNOW. So you don't know how the event fits into God's grand plan.

God doesn't do bad things to you. That is the role of the adversary. God will protect you, and God will remove that protection depending on whether you are obedient to his rules. Not going to get into what the "rules" are. You can consult the bible for that. But on an elementary level: are you acting out of love, or are you acting out of fear? It's simple. Every single human action can be reduced to one of those options. It's either or. It cannot be both. Just think of life as one big Choose Your Own Adventure. You can choose the path of life (love), or you can choose the path of death (fear). You decide.

The boy is still alive. To me, that is God's grace. You can choose to view it another way.
you have a point, many milli's (fundy-think atheist) are people that didn't get there way and/or don't like authority unless its their way being forced on us.

That doesn't change the fundy theist from being flat wrong 'bout what traits they are assigning this god thing.

adjust your traits of the thing to observations it is showing us. If you believe its there that is.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:58 PM

327 posts, read 60,548 times
Quote:
...but you don't know this. How do you know the kid hasn't harmed an animal by throwing it over some railing, or how do you know the boys' parents haven't harmed someone else's child and not asked for forgiveness? Or maybe stood by while some injured person needed help? These are poor examples, but just because something looks one way to you doesn't mean it's that way. You don't know any of these people's lives, thoughts, and hearts. Only God does.
.... I'm just gonna let that speak for itself....

Old 04-24-2019, 09:39 PM

25,182 posts, read 13,086,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Sounds like God has a no replacement policy.
Weird that lobsters, crabs and many lizards have one. To speak of a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or