U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2019, 01:51 PM
Status: "Apparently being "treemoni" is its own offense. :)" (set 23 hours ago)
 
3,774 posts, read 1,960,889 times
Reputation: 5198

Advertisements

Unfortunately, no. Dates are not important. Time is construct of this reality. The point is to develop your intuition so you just "know" things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2019, 01:56 PM
 
3,409 posts, read 1,060,407 times
Reputation: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Unfortunately, no. Dates are not important. Time is construct of this reality. The point is to develop your intuition so you just "know" things.
well dates are important if the truth is important.


Is the truth important to you?


Can you get to the truth with intuition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2019, 02:14 PM
Status: "Apparently being "treemoni" is its own offense. :)" (set 23 hours ago)
 
3,774 posts, read 1,960,889 times
Reputation: 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Can you get to the truth with intuition?
Real truth comes from intuition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2019, 02:59 PM
 
5,652 posts, read 2,205,238 times
Reputation: 2124
The year after I finished high school two friends of mine were involved in a roll over, drinking and driving at its worse. One ended up in a field, the car did not have seat belts as it was a early 60s model and he ended up a night or two in the hospital and released in good health. The other landed a few feet from him and his head hit a rock. He died on the way to the hospital.

Was it a miracle that the one lived? Was God wanting the other dead? Or was it just good and bad luck that decided who died and who survived. Is it a miracle that today's cars have seat belts, air bags and other safety features?

I guess if you are a believer you might think all of the above was the work of God and a non believer, no sign of God's hand involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2019, 03:07 PM
 
37,997 posts, read 10,339,015 times
Reputation: 5011
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Real truth comes from intuition.
Only when you verify it. Until then, it is just a hypothesis. When you believe a hypothesis and don't worry about verification, then you are doing what we in the trade call 'Faith - Claims'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You don't see the positive because you can't think beyond this material world. There was a time where there was peace on earth, but disobedience made way for death. People had to suffer through the consequences of their actions so they can feel the weight of them. The idea being that hopefully they won't repeat it. If all you know is "good" then you are not going to recognize "bad" or know how to deal with or avoid it when it comes. This is a very hard concept for people who have never really had to deal with adversity. They think life is supposed to be great all the time because for the most part, life is good for them all the time. But it is "good" for them not because they are good, but because they exploit others for their own gain. This selfishness will serve you as long as God is allowing the adversarial entities to have their time. But time is drawing to a close. The upper echelon knows it (which explains all this chaos) but their minions don't. We are going to RETURN to a time of peace on earth because there WAS peace at some point in history. Those who have exploited others will taste judgment, and they won't know how to handle it because they've lived on easy street for most of their existence here. Not knowing how to handle suffering is why the millionaire commits suicide when he loses investments or a job, but the person who has been poor all his life, doesn't. The "reward" for being righteous in your time on earth is that your soul (if you have one) can go on to higher realms where there is no suffering. Some souls have already passed this level but came back voluntarily to help the rest of the people who lack understanding and have been repeating the same cycles for ages.
It's not a bad argument, but it does rely on an appeal to Unknowns. The bad in the world looks inexplicable. especially bads that a god could easily prevent and which don't appear to teach us anything other than to doubt that a god is really there.

Passing over which god it could be, it assumes on faith that it all makes sense to God if not to us. I just happen to prefer the simplest explanation that explains all the facts. Nobody is Micromanaging the world and we are on our own. For good or bad and the best we can do it make it as good as we can, and it's high time we pail more attention to that and less to hopes that God will sort it all out.

The only answer to that is - when it gets down to it - hellthreat or something of the kind. Well, I don't believe in God, The Bible, BibleJesus (there may have been a failed Messiah) or the claims of Christianity or any other religion. Thus if there is a god and even an afterlife, it is not (I would bet my life ) in the hands of any one religion and I don't fear any hellthreats.

Thus I am free for fear to doubt and question and disbelieve and to look at out miracle and say 'he was lucky, but it wasn't a perfect miracle, nor a perfect punishment. So I don't accept either theory, but will go with he was lucky and the doctors did their best, and I'm happy that the lad made it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2019, 03:35 PM
Status: "Are we living in Idiocracy?" (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: Gulf Coast
1,603 posts, read 513,543 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Unfortunately, no. Dates are not important. Time is construct of this reality. The point is to develop your intuition so you just "know" things.
My intuition is telling me that you should probably see a doctor, because you seem to be living in fantasy land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2019, 03:42 PM
Status: "Apparently being "treemoni" is its own offense. :)" (set 23 hours ago)
 
3,774 posts, read 1,960,889 times
Reputation: 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
My intuition is telling me that you should probably see a doctor, because you seem to be living in fantasy land.
You lack understanding because you probably make most decisions from your ego. We are speaking two different languages. Intuitive truth is guided by faith and spirit. People who only think in 3D can't see any other way.

It's okay. I am not offended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2019, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Florida
19,391 posts, read 19,528,373 times
Reputation: 22604
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Thus I am free for fear to doubt and question and disbelieve and to look at out miracle and say 'he was lucky, but it wasn't a perfect miracle, nor a perfect punishment. So I don't accept either theory, but will go with he was lucky and the doctors did their best, and I'm happy that the lad made it.
I would guess that we're all happy the little guy will make out OK.
The worst long lasting thing is that he'll be convinced that it all came about because of divine intervention and prayers and let that influence his life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2019, 03:45 PM
Status: "Are we living in Idiocracy?" (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: Gulf Coast
1,603 posts, read 513,543 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You lack understanding because you probably make most decisions from your ego. We are speaking two different languages. Intuitive truth is guided by faith and spirit. People who only think in 3D can't see any other way.

It's okay. I am not offended.
I rest my case.

"Intuitive truth".... All that means is, "I believe this, so therefore I will claim it is true". There is no more "truth" in what you "intuit" than what anyone else believes. You say I am making decisions from my ego? You are, quite literally, claiming you know the real "truth" because you "intuit" it.... I think you are the one with the ego, not me, who simply says, "We don't know".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2019, 04:06 PM
 
37,997 posts, read 10,339,015 times
Reputation: 5011
You said it for me. A choice, He does it that way, we look for good reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top