Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 11:03 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Weird that lobsters, crabs and many lizards have one. To speak of a few.
Let's see.......

My theory is that since lobsters, crabs and lizards don't have souls then they don't have to have faith. If God regrew limbs in humans then nobody would have to have faith because it would be obvious that there is a God. And furthermore, if God let everybody grow new legs then you atheists would say that it was natural and it wasn't really God doing it.

So..........In order for God to make sure that everybody knew that limb regeneration was only "of him" he would only be able to regrow the occasional leg or arm. But God realizes that's not fair to everybody who needs a new appendage. So as a result, he took limb regeneration off the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 04:56 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
In a minute I am going to stop addressing you because it's not worth it. Your purpose for being here is clear, but I'll humor you this time. I'll try to break it down in basic terms:
Your 'threat' to ignore me leaves me un -moved. It will be seen as running away.

Quote:
Everyone has a unique life plan. Well, I'm not so sure the adversarial entities do, but let's no complicate things. Depending on who you ask, our life goals are planned before we get here. You map out what it is you want to learn, then you come here. All your past lives (if you believe in that sort of thing) are then forgotten (aka "veiled") so you don't have access to them while you're here. Why? Because you are supposed to figure out, based on recurring patterns in your life, what you came here to learn and correct your mistakes.

So...you don't know about that boy OR his parents' past lives. You don't know how the various pieces of their lives are working together OR how their situation has impacted OTHER people. You don't know who may have been changed as a result of what happened to this boy. Maybe someone who hated children felt compassion for the hurt little boy. YOU DON'T KNOW. So you don't know how the event fits into God's grand plan.

God doesn't do bad things to you. That is the role of the adversary. God will protect you, and God will remove that protection depending on whether you are obedient to his rules. Not going to get into what the "rules" are. You can consult the bible for that. But on an elementary level: are you acting out of love, or are you acting out of fear? It's simple. Every single human action can be reduced to one of those options. It's either or. It cannot be both. Just think of life as one big Choose Your Own Adventure. You can choose the path of life (love), or you can choose the path of death (fear). You decide.

The boy is still alive. To me, that is God's grace. You can choose to view it another way.
This is nothing but assumptions, and faith -based assumptions, at that. It still smacks of 'the kid had it coming' and is not only disgusting, but ineffectual as either god saved him, but didn't do a very good Job or punished him, but didn't do a very good job. What we actually get is a natural event a mix of bad and good luck and some medical expertise, and no need for God, Satan, Fate or Karma or any other attempt to invent a plan or meaning in a universe that has no plan for us or meaning, and which is an idea you can't bear.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:59 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Nice trans.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:59 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Your 'threat' to ignore me leaves me un -moved. It will be seen as running away.

This is nothing but assumptions, and faith -based assumptions, at that. It still smacks of 'the kid had it coming' and is not only disgusting, but ineffectual as either god saved him, but didn't do a very good Job or punished him, but didn't do a very good job. What we actually get is a natural event a mix of bad and good luck and some medical expertise, and no need for God, Satan, Fate or Karma or any other attempt to invent a plan or meaning in a universe that has no plan for us or meaning, and which is an idea you can't bear.
The thing that atheists like is humility. Trust me, I'm not saying that as a criticism, even though many fundamentalists would put it that way as well. But it takes true humility and a willingness to admit a need for God before a person can see God.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:34 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Bovine excrement

Lol “ trust me” I’m a sinning christian

Old 04-25-2019, 05:36 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The thing that atheists like is humility. Trust me, I'm not saying that as a criticism, even though many fundamentalists would put it that way as well. But it takes true humility and a willingness to admit a need for God before a person can see God.
Been asked before without any understandable answer...What is this supposed 'need'?

Old 04-25-2019, 05:37 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
One atheist does not represent the whole. You are giving too much credit to individuals/outliers all the while denigrating a worldview.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:54 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
We do indeed like Humility. The humility to admit that one might be wrong, and to change the mind immediately when convincing evidence is presented.

Which is precisely what the faithful do not do. They rather proclaim faith and reject all and any evidence that conflicts with that Faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-hKBXE9qOM

This isn't humility. The 'humility' comes from abject grovelling before religious authority or the claims of religion, which must not be questioned. But that leaves them strutting away convinced that they are more Favoured, justified and better than those who do not share their faith.

This is arrogance, not humility. I needn't go into the question of personal arrogance where we get the Faithful making their religion and even themselves look disreputable simply in order to save their own conceit by refusing to admit being wrong even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-25-2019 at 06:02 AM..

Old 04-25-2019, 07:38 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,464,397 times
Quote:

Where do you get the idea that earth is a place where you aren't supposed to suffer? This is the crux of your problem. You do not get to decide who can and can't be harmed. Actually, I'm glad you mentioned this. So many evil people who do evil things to OTHER people cannot take it when something bad happens to their own. Do you have the same concern for kids in Africa losing limbs because they're mining precious stones for some greedy European who really doesn't need it?? Or do all those kids deserve it? More and more, I'm starting to believe earth is hell, and all the people who never learned their lesson are stuck here repeating the same things over and over again. They lost their souls long ago, so now they're empty vessels who are slaves to the adversarial spirits. It would explain nasty attitudes like yours. If you knew you could never ascend to higher planes where there is no suffering, I guess you would be a miserable person. In higher planes, your thoughts are things. What you think manifests immediately. Earth is training ground since there is lag time between thoughts (ideas) and the manifestation of that thought (which requires action on your part). Every evil act begins with an evil thought. If you cannot control your evil thoughts you will not be allowed to ascend to higher planes where your thoughts can have immediate consequences. People who do not understand that everything is ONE and all things affect the ONE cannot leave this plane. Some people call these "earth bound" souls, but I do not believe everyone has a soul. As I said before, there are many among us who are just empty seats for negative entities. Figure our which you are.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:40 AM

1,402 posts, read 477,192 times
Quote:
I endorse this conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality