U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 04:16 PM

130 posts, read 91,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
To each and every person out there who believes in the power of prayer, please pray for the end of world hunger.

Who will go on record to confirm that they ARE praying for the end of world hunger?
Please tell me that you don't really believe there will ever be an end to world hunger. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but....there will always be the poor, the sick, the hungry, the criminal, the unwed mother, the addict, the mentally ill, the physically ill as well as there will always be the rich, the healthy and the well fed.

Human existence....human life....isn't fair...it will never be. It doesn't mean we shouldn't care about our suffering brothers and sisters but, no amount of prayer, money, or time will ever stem the tide of the less fortunate. Your life will be happier and have more meaning when you learn to accept this truth.

-G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 05:18 PM

8,434 posts, read 4,943,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Halbach View Post
Please tell me that you don't really believe there will ever be an end to world hunger. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but....there will always be the poor, the sick, the hungry, the criminal, the unwed mother, the addict, the mentally ill, the physically ill as well as there will always be the rich, the healthy and the well fed.

Human existence....human life....isn't fair...it will never be. It doesn't mean we shouldn't care about our suffering brothers and sisters but, no amount of prayer, money, or time will ever stem the tide of the less fortunate. Your life will be happier and have more meaning when you learn to accept this truth.

-G
Why can't there be an end to world hunger? Isn't Jesus' promise true? Isn't God omnipotent?

Old 04-24-2019, 05:22 PM

12,580 posts, read 4,757,183 times
Quote:
To each and every person out there who believes in the power of prayer, please pray for the end of world hunger.

Who will go on record to confirm that they ARE praying for the end of world hunger?
I mean if you want to drop a prayer ... i will.

It won't be to a god, will that be ok?

Old 04-24-2019, 05:25 PM

12,580 posts, read 4,757,183 times
Quote:
Why can't there be an end to world hunger? Isn't Jesus' promise true? Isn't God omnipotent?
they have the omni potent part wrong, past it being a gardener. But even then its called wicked when weeds and a do nothing when it lets the field be a field.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:43 PM

54,627 posts, read 53,438,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petunia 100 View Post
jesus promised otherwise, according to the bible. You're saying that no one believes jesus' promise?
LOL. Even the literalists don't take that one literally, I'm guessing.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:49 PM

5,007 posts, read 2,468,068 times
Quote:
Since ALL of us are invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !, then ALL who pray for Jesus coming are praying for an end to world hunger.
Jesus will have earthly subjects, or citizens everywhere on Earth as found at Psalms 72:8, 12-16.
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth as per Rev. 22:2 for the ' healing ' of earth's nations.
"healing" as including that even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
No one will say, "I am sick..." as per Isaiah 33:24, and each person will plant and eat as per Isaiah 65:21.
Also, the 35th chapter of Isaiah also paints a beautiful word picture for us of a beautiful coming paradisical Earth for us.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:08 PM

3,438 posts, read 1,061,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Halbach View Post

-G
If only god created a place where there’s none of those horrible things you typed.

And filled it full of us. Huh?

Old 04-24-2019, 07:32 PM

54,627 posts, read 53,438,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since ALL of us are invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !, then ALL who pray for Jesus coming are praying for an end to world hunger.
Jesus will have earthly subjects, or citizens everywhere on Earth as found at Psalms 72:8, 12-16.
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth as per Rev. 22:2 for the ' healing ' of earth's nations.
"healing" as including that even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
No one will say, "I am sick..." as per Isaiah 33:24, and each person will plant and eat as per Isaiah 65:21.
Also, the 35th chapter of Isaiah also paints a beautiful word picture for us of a beautiful coming paradisical Earth for us.
Slick, Bible-based answer. I give this one credit.

There is literally a verse for everything.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:17 PM

21,787 posts, read 21,786,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The prayer should go something like this:

"Show me what I should do to help alleviate world hunger".

I doubt there is anyone out there who thinks that just by saying prayers, starvation will go away. I know the OP doesn't.

At least I hope to hell not.
Right on.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:56 PM

2,823 posts, read 1,006,477 times
Quote:
So, it takes a specific plea via prayer for God to be prompted into action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality